• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Navro, Marccarlsson, am I correct to understand you both opted for a pleated shoulder in these pictures?

I had some terrible experiences with pleated shoulders when Suitsupply's MTM suits were still produced by Munro, but these shoulders look a lot more muted and subtle. Would very much like to learn how you feel about these.

Mine are infact not pleated, but the unconstructed option. The pleated ones are almost roped and not the natural look I want. You can still se some pleats, but very subtle.

Navro

Reaction score
Navro, Marccarlsson, am I correct to understand you both opted for a pleated shoulder in these pictures?

I had some terrible experiences with pleated shoulders when Suitsupply's MTM suits were still produced by Munro, but these shoulders look a lot more muted and subtle. Would very much like to learn how you feel about these.

Yep, you're correct, at least for sure in my case :)
I had no chance to try Munro version of pleated shoulder. I like SuSu version of it, IMO it is better than in RTW version in Neo cut from S&M.
Image from iOS (82).jpg

Frigcatcher01

Reaction score
Can't wait for a new outlet!

Does anyone know if they ever put products from the current season into their outlets?

There are quite a few pieces I would like to pick up.

Also, as a lot of their physical locations are probably closed at this moment, I could imagine it to be a great idea for them to open another outlet.

Any thoughts?

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if they ever put products from the current season into their outlets?

Also, as a lot of their physical locations are probably closed at this moment, I could imagine it to be a great idea for them to open another outlet.

Any thoughts?

My thought is that they'd bleed money like crazy opening another outlet so soon. What's the point of coming out with new season pieces if you're selling them at a no profit margin price.

nevaeh

Reaction score

Any thoughts?

SuitSupply seems to be a smart company to me. That means the may simply adjust their production runs for the new season—lower the supply to adjust for demand—rather than keep pumping out items that they have to sell at huge discounts during outlets.

I know many of us have been spoiled with outlets, but it would not surprise me that we got lucky in 2020 with the great deals. And that in 2021 and beyond, SuitSupply will go back to maintaining its policy of generally maintaining brand pricing value, and not diluting too much through sales. We may get those once-a-year outlets like we did before 2020—but I would not expect too much beyond that, certainly not for current stock. Seems silly for them to keep doing that.

Last edited:

LakoElpann

Reaction score
Mine are infact not pleated, but the unconstructed option. The pleated ones are almost roped and not the natural look I want. You can still se some pleats, but very subtle.
Yep, you're correct, at least for sure in my case :)
I had no chance to try Munro version of pleated shoulder. I like SuSu version of it, IMO it is better than in RTW version in Neo cut from S&M.

Thanks. I've had the same experience as MC in the past: shoulders that were supposed to follow your natural shoulder line but with some small, subtle pleats — but in reality came out looking like this.

Based on what Navro is showing here I'm definitely willing to give these more muted pleats a try next time I commission a MTM SS suit.

adrianvo

Reaction score
Effect of my little experiment with custom made by SuSu. I have chosen single button closure with wide peak lapel (yep, I am wide lapel guy ;) Single button was chosen mainly to lower button stance, and I liked the effect :) I had already trousers made from that fabric, so now I have a suit :) On the last photo I have shown roll of lapels after a little work with iron, I am really satisfied with that.
Sorry for awful quality of photos.

View attachment 1547430
View attachment 1547431
View attachment 1547432
IMG_20210204_152120.jpg

IMG_20201224_160616.jpg

Wide peak lapels are gorgeous!
Got this one for myself a few months back.
3-piece brown houndstooth flannel suit with high-waisted double pleated cuffed trousers, and double breasted waistcoat.

M.Olsson

Reaction score
First one? Looks great! Who took your measurements at the Stockholm store? :)
Yes, it's my first from Suitsupply and I'm very pleased with how it came out, especially concerning how bad most of their off-the-rack stuff fits me (way to slim). It doesn't really show here but the fabric is a marvelous, heavy, high twist wool from Vitale Barberis.

Ted helped me out with the fittings and choices. Couldn't be any more happy with the service; 10/10!

EthansAlley

Reaction score

Any thoughts?
@Frigcatcher01 In the past, current season items were generally left out of the outlet, but in the last 2 outlets during Covid, they have sold several current season items. No one can predict if that will repeat in future outlets, though.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Is the jacket unstructured as well? Or with Canvas?

The light grey is 2 layered half canvas, and the navy is unconstructed. The weird thing about choosing the unconstructed shoulder with any type of canvas is that you can a bit of canvas sticking out from the shoulder into the sleeve, which in my opinion breaks up the natural shoulder. This might soften over time and might not be noticeable with heavier fabrics though, but it's still weird that they leave canvas in an unconstructed shoulder.

TripleV

Reaction score
I've grown weary of my precious overpriced suiting and the constant worry of cleaning and or staining etc. I'm ready to try SuSu MTM. Does anyone have a recommendation of who I should work with within NYC? Any location is fine. Cheers and thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads