• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

q1445

Reaction score

Well I just spent some time going back and forth between the Napoli 40R (Blue) bought 6 months ago new, and the Livorno 40R (Grey). I still feel like the cut in the Livorno is a little bigger....... Not much, but just a bit boxier. Keep in mind the double vent in the Livorno is still held together with a couple stitches, once opened up, it will be a little wider at the waist. The chest, sleeves, and shoulders all feel slightly bigger when wearing it. I really think I would have liked the fit of the 38R better. The pants also feel a bit wider all the way throughout the pant, but they still need taken in at the waist and cuff. I am not trying to lead anyone astray. Just giving my honest opinion based on how they fit me. They are very close and I would now say, if a person is a true 40R the Livorno fits true to size.

If anyone is interested in a 40R Livorno let me know. Outlet price plus shipping or happy to trade for a 38R or something else.

ptr1988

Reaction score
How are you guys ordering the pre-order? Do you need a proxy or can you just change the country (i.e., sweden) and order the items you want and have it ship to america. Thanks

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if the pre order page is blank the pre order items are appearing under the normal shop areas just marked with pre order and can be ordered.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else from Europe got a Transmission problem upon accessing their website?

Can't enter the online shop for 3 hours now ..

Last edited:

yw3791987

Reaction score
I recently got married and wore a suit from Suit Supply for my ceremony and reception. We wanted to get a functional suit that I could wear even after the wedding as I wear suits often.
The venue had an industrial chic/rustic vibe with hardwood floors and brick walls, so we thought a navy suit would look best- our friends showed up dressed so nicely that our wedding turned out so well!

The wide spread shirt, tie, pocket square and suit are all from Suit Supply.

Just wanted to share some prep pics...

Here's one from the ceremony.. featuring my wife :)
Congratulations! Looks great on you, love the color. Which suit is this?

kasakka

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the long version of a jacket is a bit narrower at the chest and upper waist according to Suitsupply's size guide? Also do you know if the long version is just longer or does it also have a lower button stance?

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the long version of a jacket is a bit narrower at the chest and upper waist according to Suitsupply's size guide? Also do you know if the long version is just longer or does it also have a lower button stance?

I think the generally accepted understanding is actually that the Long is slightly roomier through the shoulder and chest, almost like a half size. That's my take anyway. The button stance is also lowered.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As it was explained to me by the SuSu representative I talked to, the long versions basically stretch the proportions of the regular length jackets. It's not just a jacket with a longer length, in other words, it actually elongates all of the stylistic elements of the cut. I don't know if this results in the issue you are talking about, but I can see it having the potential to.

EUtroll

Reaction score

The long version has a lower button stance. As to the chest etc. I haven't really noticed any real difference.

kasakka

Reaction score
Thanks! I guess I'll go for a long then because at least in product pics the button stance of many Suitsupply models looks a bit high. Which is unfortunately standard for most sportcoats and suit jackets nowadays. I do have long arms and back but it's often been a case by case situation whether the regular or long model fits me.

How does the long sizing work? If I'm a EU 50 then what would be the equivalent long size? From specs it looks like it would be 98. I'm looking to get the Hudson Red Plain.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member