• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

q1445

Reaction score

Can you gents compare Livorno fit to the Napoli?

I have both in 40R. I am right in between a 38R and 40R depending on the cut of the suit. The Livorno seems to be just a bit roomier than the Napoli all the way around. I wish I would have gone with a 38R.

Last edited:

Stiva

Reaction score

I have both in 40R. I am right in between a 38R and 40R depending on the cut of the suit. The Livorno seems to be just a bit roomier than the Napoli all the way around. I wish I would have gone with a 38R. To me the 40R Livorno fits like a 42R Napoli would.

I find this difficult to understand. The Napoli is significantly larger than the Livorno in the shoulders and chest. In fact, I can fit into a Napoki but not a Livorno of the same size.

q1445

Reaction score

I find this difficult to understand. The Napoli is significantly larger than the Livorno in the shoulders and chest. In fact, I can fit into a Napoki but not a Livorno of the same size.

Well I just spent some time going back and forth between the Napoli 40R (Blue) bought 6 months ago new, and the Livorno 40R (Grey). I still feel like the cut in the Livorno is a little bigger....... Not much, but just a bit boxier. Keep in mind the double vent in the Livorno is still held together with a couple stitches, once opened up, it will be a little wider at the waist. The chest, sleeves, and shoulders all feel slightly bigger when wearing it. I really think I would have liked the fit of the 38R better. The pants also feel a bit wider all the way throughout the pant, but they still need taken in at the waist and cuff. I am not trying to lead anyone astray. Just giving my honest opinion based on how they fit me. They are very close and I would now say, if a person is a true 40R the Livorno fits true to size.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score

Did you mean Livorno of the same size as your Napoli is too small for you? I've bought the Livorno grey and it's much bigger than my Hudson, Havana and BB's Fitzgerald in the same size, still wearable though. I'm actually thinking of ordering a Napoli now, but if it's roomier than the Livorno I'll probably hold off...

Kimistry

Reaction score

Stiva

Reaction score
Zhe, I did mean that the Livorno is significantly smaller than a Napoli of the same size. And I think q's pictures show that in the shoulder and chest, as do the published SS measurements. The Napoli is generally accepted to be the roomiest of the current SS offerings.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
This new collection seems to be either very plain or very bold, there is barely an in-between, though there are some great pieces.

I've ordered three things so far:

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/havana-grey-plain/P4951.html

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/havana-light-brown-herringbone/P4967.html

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/coats/brown-double-breasted-coat/J464.html

Mostly looking forward to the coat and charcoal Havana, but the light brown Havana is a maybe, depending on how it looks in real life and how well it works as separates.

Anyone else ordered anything?

Last edited:

stash

Reaction score
This new collection seems to be either very plain or very bold, there is barely an in-between, though there are some great pieces.

Mostly looking forward to the coat and charcoal Havana, but the light brown Havana is a maybe, depending on how it looks in real life and how well it works as separates.

Anyone else ordered anything?

I'm wobbling between this light grey overcoat and that yak overcoat:
http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/pre_order_coats/light-grey-overcoat/J451.html?cgid=pre_order_coats

499 EUR a pure cashmere coat is a steal. But I commute by subway everyday, not quite sure the durability.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I'm wobbling between this light grey overcoat and that yak overcoat:
http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/pre_order_coats/light-grey-overcoat/J451.html?cgid=pre_order_coats

499 EUR a pure cashmere coat is a steal. But I commute by subway everyday, not quite sure the durability.

I've had no experience with pure cashmere or any fabric that contains yak, but I'll be able to comment on the yak overcoat when it arrives, possibly provide pictures too, but I can't compare it to pure cashmere.

That light grey overcoat looks great though, I might've got it if it were in a double-breasted configuration instead of single, same goes for the camel one.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawson-james