• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stat1

Reaction score

I noticed the lower waist on Washington is about .4 inches slimmer than on Havana and the shoulders are .4 inches wider. Just how structured are the shoulders on the Washington? Fully padded or somewhere in between no padding at all and a vintage jacket stuffed with pads?

Sorry, I replied to you earlier question without quoting. I'm closer to 5'8" and weight is just about 165. I don't have experience with vintage jackets but I don't think the padding is overly bulky.

stat1

Reaction score

This appears to be the right size for you. I'd have a tailor look at the rippling in the back. Can't tell if sleeve length works or not. Folks, if you're going to post fits...what you're mostly asking people to opine on is shoulders, waist, and length (sleeve and overall). To be effective, you must button the jacket, button your sleeves, wear proper pants, tuck in your shirt, wear proper shoes, and leave your arms down. And please spoiler replies that are picture heavy. Depends on the tailor....I would run it by the person you specifically use to find out how comfortable he'll be. That's more of an undertaking than simply hemming. I would suggest finding someone who makes clothes, not just an alterationist. (QUOTE] Thanks for the feedback. I've mentioned it before and he made it seem like it was not an issue for him. He does make suits although I don not think that is a significant part of his business. Does mohair itself pose and extra problem. I've read that it can be more difficult to work with than wool.

dmass1

Reaction score
In the market for a new blazer.

Can anyone tell me the differences between these three:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...n1=color&prefn2=fit&prefv2=Havana&prefv1=Blue

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...n1=color&prefn2=fit&prefv2=Havana&prefv1=Blue

They seem to be just two different types of wool. Does anyone have a preference as to which material is better?

Also, this one appears to be the same, but a lighter shade of blue:

Can anyone comment on the versatility of this color, compared to navy

Finally, is the super 130s wool enough to justify the extra $100?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the market for a new blazer.

Can anyone tell me the differences between these three:

Spring/summer - likely more open weave/lighter weight, or just different mill.
Not Navy, I have this jacket. Bit more open weave/textured, Beautiful shade of blue, I will see if I can get a real picture tonight. Its a nice blue, not as dark as navy but on the darker side of mid blue. Not a stand out by any means. I intend to use it the same as you would with a Navy.

They seem to be just two different types of wool. Does anyone have a preference as to which material is better?

Also, this one appears to be the same, but a lighter shade of blue:

Fall/Winter

Can anyone comment on the versatility of this color, compared to navy

Finally, is the super 130s wool enough to justify the extra $100?

I'd rather have a cashmere/wool blend (maybe not from SS) than an S130 for that kind of $. I would say no personally, but you won't go wrong with it either if indeed you want S130.

dmass1

Reaction score
Thanks, Cal. That's really helpful. I'd love to see a picture of yours.

Do you have any advice on sizing? I'm 5 ft 8, 170 with broad shoulders and normally a 40s. Do I go TTS?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'8, 155lbs. A 38R fits pretty nice I feel. No pulling anywhere, clean back, shoulders are good. I usually have to remove material under the collar, no such issue here. It may be a bit long, but looks good overall IMO, better than too short. I'll post a fit pic in a couple days when I have some time. Sleeves are about an inch too long, which I knew. I will likely keep it, I think its a very versatile piece. 38S would be too big on me.

If you have a bigger upper body/chest probably a better move going to a 40S.

This is the current S/S'15 Havana Blue Plain, 100% wool, VBC fabric.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all suit trousers this slim? I bought a SS Tux in 40R, and while the coat fits me, the trousers are FAR too skinny for me. I'd have to go up one or two sizes for the trousers to fit around my thighs and seat.
I don't have this problem with Zegna, Corneliani, Canali, Belvest, etc...

Does this also mean that most other SS suit/trousers are out of my range? Which model would be the "least" slim fitting?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all suit trousers this slim? I bought a SS Tux in 40R, and while the coat fits me, the trousers are FAR too skinny for me. I'd have to go up one or two sizes for the trousers to fit around my thighs and seat.
I don't have this problem with Zegna, Corneliani, Canali, Belvest, etc...

Does this also mean that most other SS suit/trousers are out of my range? Which model would be the "least" slim fitting?

I also have the SS tuxedo and happened to find the trousers quite slim - my seamstress had to let them out to maximum allowance.

I fear that it is a general consensus with Suit Supply. I hear most of the trousers are really slim, thus if you're slightly bottom-heavy (athlete, lifter, overweight, cyclist, etc.) you're probably not the intented SS market.

I don't have experience with other brands tho, so I can't pretend to be an expert on the subject.

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately. Most SuitSupply trouser openings are 7.7 inches in my size (which is 38R). The only one that is a BIT wider is Washington fit (7.9 inches in 38R) but it is also 0.4 inches slimmer in the waist.

I'm planning on buying 2-3 Havana suits in the coming months as well as 1-2 Lazio or Washington fit suits depending on what Fall/Winter '15/16 collection looks like. I am already thinking that my tailor will have to let out about an inch in the waist on the pants and make the pant opening as wide as possible (there is about a 0.5 inch of fabric in both legs to play with but not much more (at least in one Havana suit I just got). Ideally, I like an 8-8.25 inch opening. Most likely some work will be needed in the seat of the pants as well -- they are just a tad tight for my liking (when I sit down especially).

Also, for comparison's sake, I have recently begun stepping up from Banana Republic (I have about 20 blazers and suits in this brand -- about half Heritage and Monogram -- the two higher quality BR lines, and I would say that it appears that SuitSupply trousers seem to be as slim as BR's recent Modern Slim Fit line. With BR -- I would always just get pants from a higher size (they always sell separates). This will not be as easy with SS...

Last edited:

Chulillo

Reaction score
I fear that it is a general consensus with Suit Supply. I hear most of the trousers are really slim, thus if you're slightly bottom-heavy (athlete, lifter, overweight, cyclist, etc.) you're probably not the intented SS market.

Exactly!

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I received the blue check washington. it did not come as shown on the website. it came in the fully lined washington version. it was also mistagged as vbc revenge super 140s, which it is clearly not. i'm not particularly concerned with the revenge tag. i am concerned by the flap pockets however. i much prefer the half lined washington as far as jackets go.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting with that jacket. The pics of it on their website show a patch pocket jacket that is half lined yet the description says flap pockets and nothing about lining. The one on the website had potential.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Very interesting with that jacket. The pics of it on their website show a patch pocket jacket that is half lined yet the description says flap pockets and nothing about lining. The one on the website had potential.

Yeah I had high hopes based on the jacket pictured on the website. I just have this thing about only wearing sport coats with patch pockets. I think I may get the blue tuxedo they have now. I'm trying to come up with excuses to wear it before I spend the money. I already have a traditional black peak lapel tuxedo. I have always wanted a blue shawl lapel model though.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I received the blue check washington. it did not come as shown on the website. it came in the fully lined washington version. it was also mistagged as vbc revenge super 140s, which it is clearly not. i'm not particularly concerned with the revenge tag. i am concerned by the flap pockets however. i much prefer the half lined washington as far as jackets go.

Very strange quality control here, on the plus side it does look like a 3-roll-2 instead of a 2 button, but flap pocket odd jackets just don't do it for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads