• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoulders are a touch too wide. The images that show the top of your back do indicate this. If you're interested, the Lazio may work better for you as it is cut slimmer to start.

I agree with this, Try the Lazio since the shoulders will be less wide and the jacket will be shorter without having to tailor it. I'm just a bit taller than you and about the same weight so it should fit you well, I just had a problem because of my broad shoulders and the Lazio caused divots but if you're slim then It will fit you perfect.

pomor

Reaction score
Regarding my Havana jackets -- I just looked at the images again and realized Havanas do have a higher than traditional button stance. For some reason, on the stock photos it's not as noticeable. Are these jackets trying to replicate a 3/2 roll without having one?

Ironballs

Reaction score
I am rather glad that the buttoning point is a lot lower in the short models of the Havana, maybe 1cm above my belly button (I wear a 26 or 42S).

Last edited:

teknique22

Reaction score
Hey guys - can I get some fit critiques on this SuitSupply Napoli 38R? (I had to hide my other hand as there was a bag on it due to not wanting to set clothes dirty for trying them on)

Thanks!

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered before, but how is the fit of the Sienna? Is it cut the same as the Lazio through the chest, waist, and shoulders? Or is it more slim or less slim? Thanks in advance.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Hey guys - can I get some fit critiques on this SuitSupply Napoli 38R? (I had to hide my other hand as there was a bag on it due to not wanting to set clothes dirty for trying them on)

Thanks!

Looks good. Fits you slim, which I'm guessing is what your going for. You may get the advice to size up from some. But you appear to have an athletic build. So if a slim look is what you're going for, you've achieved it well. You would probably want to wear a 40 in the other SuSu cuts, just fyi. The Napoli is much more generous than the others. I don't think you would fit into a 38 in the others.

As far as the sleeves, I can't really tell. You should show 1/4 - 1/2" of shirt cuff with the shirt buttoned.

teknique22

Reaction score
Looks good. Fits you slim, which I'm guessing is what your going for. You may get the advice to size up from some. But you appear to have an athletic build. So if a slim look is what you're going for, you've achieved it well. You would probably want to wear a 40 in the other SuSu cuts, just fyi. The Napoli is much more generous than the others. I don't think you would fit into a 38 in the others.

As far as the sleeves, I can't really tell. You should show 1/4 - 1/2" of shirt cuff with the shirt buttoned.
Thanks for the help. Would you say it's a common alteration to have the tailor take in the waist a little? I'm aiming for a little more prominent "X" or "V" shape in my suits, and I've heard the other cuts which might offer this without tailoring, are less generous in the shoulders, and I don't like that.

Thanks!

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Would you say it's a common alteration to have the tailor take in the waist a little? I'm aiming for a little more prominent "X" or "V" shape in my suits, and I've heard the other cuts which might offer this without tailoring, are less generous in the shoulders, and I don't like that.

Thanks!

It's very common. However, I don't think you need it. It appears to be very slim as is. It's of course up to you. A tailor can pin it for you, so you'll know what you're getting in to before moving forward with the alteration.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

Thanks!

Also, a Washington in 40r may work for you. It's cut slim with a little extra shoulder room. The 40r washington is somewhat comparable to a 38r napoli.

stat1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to Suitsupply and was hoping to get some help from the forum experts. After experimenting with several cuts -Napoli, York, and Lazio (all in 38s and 40s), it seems the Washington in 40s fits best. I ordered two Washington models and I was hoping to get some feedback on these two suits:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...refn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Washington

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...refn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Washington

They are both blue but one is wool/mohair and the other is wool. An earlier poster mentioned they returned the mohair blend suit due to the sheen and rough pants. Between the two though the wool seems "shinier" although I do see the slight "sparkle" the prior poster was referring to. Perhaps I'm not seeing the sheen as much due to the lack of natural light in my apartment.

1. I have no experience with mohair. How will this hold up next to the wool suit? The pickstitching does not look as clean on the mohair blend suit, is this a more difficult fabric to work with? Or just a poor quality control by Suitsupply?

2. I have short arms so in every model I need to shorten from the shoulders will mohair pose a problem for the tailor? Does this also mean I will lose any pattern matching on checks? So I will be limited to only solid and stripes?

3. Is there a model that fits like the Washington but in notch lapel?

Sorry for the long first post on this thread. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

pomor

Reaction score
I noticed the lower waist on Washington is about .4 inches slimmer than on Havana and the shoulders are .4 inches wider. Just how structured are the shoulders on the Washington? Fully padded or somewhere in between no padding at all and a vintage jacket stuffed with pads?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys - can I get some fit critiques on this SuitSupply Napoli 38R? (I
had to hide my other hand as there was a bag on it due to not wanting to set clothes dirty for trying them on) Thanks!
This appears to be the right size for you. I'd have a tailor look at the rippling in the back. Can't tell if sleeve length works or not. Folks, if you're going to post fits...what you're mostly asking people to opine on is shoulders, waist, and length (sleeve and overall). To be effective, you must button the jacket, button your sleeves, wear proper pants, tuck in your shirt, wear proper shoes, and leave your arms down. And please spoiler replies that are picture heavy.
2. I have short arms so in every model I need to shorten from the shoulders will mohair pose a problem for the tailor? Does this also mean I will lose any pattern matching on checks? So I will be limited to only solid and stripes?
Depends on the tailor....I would run it by the person you specifically use to find out how comfortable he'll be. That's more of an undertaking than simply hemming. I would suggest finding someone who makes clothes, not just an alterationist. (<<is that a word?)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads