• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottMC

Reaction score
@PinkPantser Thanks. IIRC the last time they made this it was model C540ae which used Angelico Hopsack rather than VBC, correct?

Last edited:

MattCC82

Reaction score
do you have other pictures of that Madison in blue. This one look nice but on their website the suit does not look that great
thx if you have it .

GuP

Reaction score
Does SuSu post detailed measurements of their pants online? I tried on some LaSpalla size 32 and they fit decent. Can these pant be had separate? Do they carry something with similar fit?

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So everyone is saying the Hudson lapels are too wide on a smaller body. I'm only a bit above 5'6 weighing around 140 and this is a 34r Wool/Cotton Navy Hudson and I personally like the wider lapels .

zonda600

Reaction score

So everyone is saying the Hudson lapels are too wide on a smaller body. I'm only a bit above 5'6 weighing around 140 and this is a 34r Wool/Cotton Navy Hudson and I personally like the wider lapels .
Looks good to me. They look very similar in width to the lapels on my 34R Lazio.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks good to me. They look very similar in width to the lapels on my 34R Lazio.

I feel the same, they look similar to me as well. I just can't wear the Lazio because the fit causes shoulder divots for some reason, though there is a little divot in this picture but it's caused by my arm being at a weird angle. I personally prefer this width lapel over the Havana lapels.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

I feel the same, they look similar to me as well. I just can't wear the Lazio because the fit causes shoulder divots for some reason, though there is a little divot in this picture but it's caused by my arm being at a weird angle. I personally prefer this width lapel over the Havana lapels.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the wool/cotton plain blue Hudson. How is the feel of the cloth? More on the wool side or cotton side? And how is the drape?

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm about to pull the trigger on the wool/cotton plain blue Hudson. How is the feel of the cloth? More on the wool side or cotton side? And how is the drape?

It definitely is not as soft as 100% wool. You can tell it's a cotton/wool mix is the best way to describe it, but not a bad thing. The suit does wrinkle a bit more being cotton but the wool mix does help it drape over the body a bit better than a 100% cotton suit. Obviously my pure wool Jort fit drapes far better but it was made to with extra room in the arms and chest and the luxurious soft fabric used. But it's twice the price as the Hudson, which is just a slimmer fit with the same amount of room in the shoulders, and I personally like that about the Hudson. I think the best detail about the wool mix though is that it seems to give the suit a bit more of a formal look with a slight shine than a plain cotton suit has. It's hard to capture in picture because a lot of them make the suit look dull because of the low resolution camera, but I definitely think the suit is a keeper just because I like the Hudson fit so much and the cotton/wool mix isn't a turn off for me. It just adds some more character to my wardrobe.

chocolate

Reaction score
Very tempted by the 3 piece navy blue/yellow stripe Hudson.

Anybody taken the plunge?

ScottMC

Reaction score
Looks good, wishing they have more Soho fits in their F/W 15 lineup than they did last time, much better balance than the Madison fit (for me at least).

Also, is this the same one?

To answer your question, no I don't think that is the same Soho. I found it at the shop in shop in Dallas as part of S/S'15 but haven't seen it online. I actually decided not to keep it because the hopsack was a bit stiff. I like more flow and drape. I hope to see more Soho fits as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics