• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JjasonL

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure that this is the idea though it is very poor logic. Google will show you a million discussions on this exact issue, and I feel like it is has become pretty well established among people who know menswear that working cuffs on RTW really makes no sense and shouldn't be done.

On my plaid Havana, I wonder if the Suit Supply tailor would have said he/she could make the plaid match while shortening the sleeves at shoulder.
right on

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received the new Lazio plain blue suit from SS.

When I tried it on, it felt a bit tight, so I checked out the measurements both from suit advisor from the suit page itself and from the bottom of the main suit landing page, and discovered that they have TWO DIFFERENT measurements for the same Lazio size of 40S!!!

FWIW, the measurements from the suit itself are more accurate.

See below...Click to enlarge.

:fu:

I thought I could just get the pants hemmed but now I need to let out the jacket and trouser waist as well.

Last edited:

StephenB

Reaction score
I want one of these bad boys so bad http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...l?start=2&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=size&prefv1=36S

But sadly Havana is one of the only jacket cuts SS makes the short sizes for fat people (waist is larger in S than R). If it wasn't for the working buttonholes I could go R. gggrrrrrr! 2 inches in the waist is quite a bit and I'm not sure if I want to take the effort and money to get it taken in.

Mahoney320

Reaction score
The first jacket is beautiful, but the new higher price for the sport coats seems unreasonable. For $30 more I can get a two-piece Havana?

steffenbp11

Reaction score

Color looks a little different on my screen. The asian model is a little blue-er.

The one with the model not wearing a cardigan is for sale in the US and it just arrived at my house. I went home for lunch and took a look. Definitely blue-er than the navy, but not a bright summer blue. I like it.

Both models are sold out in 36/46 already.... Will just have to wait for a re-stock or a light grey flannel Lazio ( fingers crossed)

Keen

Reaction score
There is a Mercer fit suit in the webshop now:

http://eu.suitsupply.com/nl_NL/suits/mercer-bordeaux-streep/P3941.html?vpid=P394124

It was available earlier today for 299 Euro, but somebody clearly jumped the gun or made a mistake when putting it on the website! The price is now said to be 349 Euro (or 349 GBP in the UK, which is considerably more!) but it is no longer available for purchase.

Oh, nice. I'm probably getting that in a couple of weeks. Pants aren't really tight on me since I need 106. So I always have to take in the pants anyway, or I did on the La Spalla suit I bought.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on the Hudson 38R in store last night (Chicago). It fits me quite well, reminding me of the Lazio fit. I think that might be my next purchase rather than the Blue Plain Lazio. Also their new F/W coats while they are soft and drape well, they are thinner than I thought. They seem to be made more for layering than actual warmth which is a shame based on how much the coats cost.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I tried on the Hudson 38R in store last night (Chicago). It fits me quite well, reminding me of the Lazio fit. I think that might be my next purchase rather than the Blue Plain Lazio. Also their new F/W coats while they are soft and drape well, they are thinner than I thought. They seem to be made more for layering than actual warmth which is a shame based on how much the coats cost.

I've always thought of the Hudson as being the casual version of the Lazio, due to the patch pockets.

The pleated shoulders are just a nice added bonus!

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm sure that this is the idea though it is very poor logic. Google will show you a million discussions on this exact issue, and I feel like it is has become pretty well established among people who know menswear that working cuffs on RTW really makes no sense and shouldn't be done.

On my plaid Havana, I wonder if the Suit Supply tailor would have said he/she could make the plaid match while shortening the sleeves at shoulder.

Problem for we SF people is that it's a million discussions being held by the same 50 people. Until SS sees a massive drop in volume I seriously doubt they change it.

Two new Havana jackets today that look awesome! Just what I've been searching for as a fall staple (imagine a lower buttoning point though...). Don't they look great?

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_SE/jackets/havana-brown-check/C779.html?start=2&cgid=Jackets
http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_SE/jackets/havana-brown-check/C780.html?start=9&cgid=Jackets

If you buy either of these please take pics. My eye can't get past the fuzziness of the online pictures. It's like I'm looking at burlap.

Last edited:

mbaltazar

Reaction score

Napoli plain grey. 42r. Just back from the tailors, only had the pants hemmed & cuffed.

42R? EU website? May I kindly ask you your measures? I'm about to pull the trigger on one, size advisor says I'd be a 44, but I think 44 will be very tight in the trousers...

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully shortened the sleeves of a SS jacket? Is it a very complicated and difficult procedure, if not, are most tailors able to do it?

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully shortened the sleeves of a SS jacket? Is it a very complicated and difficult procedure, if not, are most tailors able to do it?

Yes, I've had the SuitSupply in-store tailors shorten the sleeves (not from the shoulder) successfully for £18.50 on my Washington suit jacket.

Not sure how non-SuSu tailors would feel about it, or what prices they'd charge, but £18.50 is very reasonable for a working cuff sleeve alteration.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads