1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

I find the London more "relaxed" with the chest space and drape from the shoulders, plus the high trousers.

Napoli on me off-the-rack is just a bit boxy and the arms are much wider than on the London. The trousers are slimmer too.

2. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

I've only tried on the Napoli and Sienna fits and the Sienna seemed to fit me better. What does everyone think about the Washington's lapels? I personally feel like they are too wide, especially for someone who is really skinny like me. I need a new suit for job interviews and this will be my first suit.

3. allegrokev

allegrokev Active Member

I'm very thin too - I love the lapels on my Washington for that very reason. They do make more of a statement than if the suit were exactly the same but with notch lapels, but the suit is by no means ostentatious; go for it. Mine is this one - http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3484.html - it's really not shiny as it appears on the site.

4. Easts

Easts New Member

Thanks Chocsosa. Much appreciated. Have ordered each of those fits you mentioned so will see how they go.

5. EEWithoutStyle

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to try it on. I'll be looking for one in a dark charcoal. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

6. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

I just picked up my washington in a med grey and I like the look. it’s my first peak lapel and its something a bit different. I cant find the color on their site, but im pretty sure it’s the same as this one http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P3457I.html?start=5&cgid=Suits grey VBC 110s

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  8. simple80t

simple80t Active Member

Hi EE,

I have the Washington and I love the suit, but I wouldn't recommend it as a first purchase or for job interviews. You want people to notice you, not your suit.

A standard notch lapel suit in a solid navy or grey should be your first purchase as these suits have a lot of versatility and are always office appropriate. Peak lapels are by tradition more elegant and formal, but fashion designers are always trying to make everything formal into something casual, even the tuxedo (dinner suit). If you have the cash and love the Washington, I'd say pick it up along with one of the other notch lapel suits.

Good luck on your interviews!

9. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  10. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

11. JBG89

JBG89 Senior member

Anyone looking to sell any size 36 pieces? Could use a new suit or two. Thanks!

12. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Unless you are interviewing for some crazy hollywood stylist job where it is ok pairing those big peak lapels with a pin dot shirt, white jeans, bright blue or yellow socks, purple suede driving shoes, horn rim glasses, and a Macklemore haircut, I suggest you get something else.

www.suitsupply.com , click on 'suits'.

:nodding:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  13. EEWithoutStyle

Thanks simple80t and CousinDonuts. That's what I was figuring anyways but I'll still try it on for giggles.

14. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Here is a slightly closer view of this suit.
    [​IMG]

This is my first Lazio purchase and I love it. Didn't have to touch a thing on the jacket, and simply hemmed the pants. The fabric looks heavier because the stripe is more chalk than pin, and it has a little texture. But it feels soft and fuzzy. Just sitting around the office I feel a little bit warmer than my other suits. so I'd say it is probably a 3 seasons suit.

Compared to the Napoli, this jacket is a little bit shorter. I probably should get a Long instead of Regular next time.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    3 people like this.
  15. asd567

asd567 New Member

Hi everyone! Another long time lurker here who finally decided it's time to register :)

Been looking for a new suit with a decent price/quality and after going through this thread I ended up ordering a 48R (EU) blue birdseye sienna.
    Took almost 10 days but today it arrived. I'm really impressed with the quality, loving the fabric and colour! I think the fit is pretty good too, considering it's OTR.
    My biggest concern is the sleeve length. While I do like to show quite a bit of shirt cuff, I'm wondering if this might be a bit too much? Will have the pants hemmed.

Anyhow, what do you guys think?

Sorry for the bad lightning, I can probably get some better shots tomorrow in daylight if needed. Also sorry for not wearing neither shoes nor a tie, I simply don't have
    any available right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Poncho1992

Poncho1992 Well-Known Member

It looks like the shoulders are a little small, which causes the divot on both sides. I would agree with you that the sleeves are too short, but otherwise the front is pretty clean. The back shows again the shoulders being too small which explains the horizontal pulling just below the neck. It looks like you have some excess fabric around the waist and lower down from the back too, which could be reduced by getting the half back taken in? (NOT experienced in this btw, just trying to help, others will probably explain better).

The website has their models wearing the suits with shoulders too small, so perhaps, for whatever reason, this is the look the brand is going for..

See: http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suit...?prefn1=styleFit&start=4&prefv1=Luxury-Sienna and http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suit...prefn1=styleFit&start=11&prefv1=Luxury-Sienna for reference.

17. Poncho1992

Poncho1992 Well-Known Member

Looking again, I think you have a low left shoulder, which may better explain the diagonal creasing central back. Not sure how you fix that though.. Again someone else will probably chime in with more useful/constructive comments.

18. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I regret not buying this jacket.........anyone know how I can get my hands on a 42R

[​IMG]

19. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

I am also looking at a lazio. do you also happen to have a washington fit and could tell me how the two fits compare? they didn’t have my size when I was at the store, so it was a bit harder to do a direct comparison of the same size.

20. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Now I know why SuitSupply wasn't shipping to Mexico… because they are opening a store! Saw it today.

If fear that because they are putting the store in Masaryk, they will be in the same street as Zegna, Cucinelli, LV, Gucci, and other stores like that, the prices are going to be high.

Good thing is that if the prices are high, I can go and try out the different fits and order them online and ask somebody to proxy them for me. :)

1 person likes this.