Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Why are most of the F/W 13 Jackets Havana fit?!?!? :(

Havana fits are too tight for me in the arms.

The Soho and Washington Navy plain jackets are nice but can live without it.

Overall not impressed with the jacket selection.Hopefully they will add more items or some of these items will grow on me

2. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

I would give the collection a "meh" overall. Aside from a couple of coats (the red overcoat I do quite like), which are overpriced as far as I'm concerned, their aren't enough napolis or washingtons in the collection to keep my interest.

3. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

Moderately into the F/W stuff so far.

I like the inclusion of more browns (something their last F/W collection was lacking) and darker hues this season. I'm also very much into the green cord suit. I just glanced, but did anyone catch any tweeds?

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Love most of the sohos and madisons, but I'll prob get the DB waistcoat suit.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'm enjoying the F/W items they have shown so far. It's just hard for me to get that excited as I already feel like my closet is loaded too heavily towards colder weather odd jackets, for this part of the country, as it is.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013

6. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

This red Copenhagen is the tits. Have the button stances moved farther north or is it just me?

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I like that jacket also. And I agree that the stance looks high. Definitely have to go with the longer cut for that one.

Though I could never wear it in my profession, I like this suit. I'm also a big fan of this coat.

I wonder if this suit is flannel? If it is, why can't the description just say so?

As Engineer said, lots of Havanas, which I find odd because it is their unconstructed model, but usually F/W wares need a little more warmth and therefore would be fully lined. I really wish they would stock some more business-appropriate suits. They have the solids and pinstripes, but I'd like to have some more glen plaids or SUBTLE windowpanes.

Didn't this style jacket die with disco?

And do the Sienna shoulders look weird to you guys? Looks like a natural shoulder, but with a hint of roping, enough that raising your arm creates a fold. I noticed that when I tried one on and didn't like it.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

That would potentially be a nice casual jacket if it didn't have those peak lapels.

9. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

I am also waiting for more Napolis and Washingtons... I asked a SA and he said they should be up Aug 12th.

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

You mean more stuff goes up on the 12th, additional to what we're seeing now?

11. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

Yep

12. badsha

badsha Senior member

Wow I wish I didnt see this coat. Found out weight is 500-520 grams OR 17.6-18.3 oz Can anyone give thoughts on the quality compared to Epaulet and Howard Yount? Thank you.

[​IMG]

13. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

One last update, I'm setting off tomorrow morning with my girlfriend so should have an update for everyone tomorrow afternoon or at the latest on wednesday. Last chance for any requests and for those of you who have PM'd me, I will do my best to meet your requests, I'll also be buying a few things to put up on the BS thread that I think might cover my travel costs!

14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

It'd be great if you can find that brown linen soho in 50/40. That would be a guaranteed sell. But a good CBD suit is always welcome too.

15. Miklas

Miklas Member