• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Thats the problem.

Noone ever goes in there and looks so I try to just "mention" what I have in here and not post for sale items.

Should I start my own thread?

notdos

Reaction score
It seems (just my interpretation) the bottom line is if you are an individual with some clothing items you want to sell, you list them in the “For Sale” area. I definitely look through it every day.
If you’re a business (regardless of size) and you want to sell things, then I think you have to become a “vendor”. Of course there’s always EBay.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats the problem.

Noone ever goes in there and looks so I try to just "mention" what I have in here and not post for sale items.

You could start a thread and keep "mentioning" it in this thread. I'm always eager to hear what you're selling.

Or you could just keep doing exactly what you're doing. I think it's perfect.

emptym

Reaction score
Thats the problem.

You could start a thread and keep "mentioning" it in this thread. I'm always eager to hear what you're selling.

Or you could just keep doing exactly what you're doing. I think it's perfect.
Actually, neither is allowed. There are three other options for anyone who wants to sell on the forum: (1) post in the Classifieds / Buy & Sell sections, (2) post in the What I'm Selling on eBay thread, or (3) become an affiliate vendor by paying a monthly fee.

Last edited:

Jim Wood

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of how much you can lengthen jacket sleeves by? I just tried a 44 and it fits perfectly in the shoulders and body, but the sleeves are about 1" or so too short. The sales assistant reckons it would be fine to increase them, but I'm a bit skeptical.
According to customer service, 1.5 to 2 cm.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My father is almost 60. Would it be okay for me to try to get him a SuitSupply suit? I was thinking the Napoli as it's the least slim. Or would a basic navy SuitSupply Napoli suit look too young on him?

Jim Wood

Reaction score
My father is almost 60. Would it be okay for me to try to get him a SuitSupply suit? I was thinking the Napoli as it's the least slim. Or would a basic navy SuitSupply Napoli suit look too young on him?

I'm almost 61 years old and have a couple of SS Napoli cut suits. I get comments about how nice the suit is from complete strangers, my wife loves them, and the price is right. I'm considering ordering a three-piece suit in the Lazio cut.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm almost 61 years old and have a couple of SS Napoli cut suits. I get comments about how nice the suit is from complete strangers, my wife loves them, and the price is right. I'm considering ordering a three-piece suit in the Lazio cut.

Thank you! That's what I needed to hear. It's for my brother's wedding and soon my wedding will be coming too so want him to have a good suit. Or else he would just pick one from a department store ayyyy.

Jim Wood

Reaction score
Thank you! That's what I needed to hear. It's for my brother's wedding and soon my wedding will be coming too so want him to have a good suit. Or else he would just pick one from a department store ayyyy.

Not all SS cuts fit everyone, so it's best to try before you buy. SS makes that pretty easy with free shipping on returns. My only complaint about shopping in a SS store is that the Sales people seem to be trained to put you in a suit that is at least a size too small.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit confused between P2505 (charcoal) and P5300 (light gray). Which would look better with a silver glen plaid wedding tie? P2505 would provide some contrast between the gray tie and suit color. Whereas the P5300 would be a more monochromatic look but I see more matching of tie with suit color with navy than gray.

nt603-7_1024x1024.jpg

Jim Wood

Reaction score
A bit confused between P2505 (charcoal) and P5300 (light gray). Which would look better with a silver glen plaid wedding tie? P2505 would provide some contrast between the gray tie and suit color. Whereas the P5300 would be a more monochromatic look but I see more matching of tie with suit color with navy than gray.

I like my ties darker than my jacket, so that would rule out (for me) the charcoal, and a checked suit and a glen plaid tie would be too busy (for me). I'd go with P5294MI.

nt603-7_1024x1024.jpg

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nt603-7_1024x1024.jpg
Seems backwards, picking out a suit to match a tie. But I’d get the darker grey suit. The contrast will be nice and you’ll get more use out of it than the lighter suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads