• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrSuited

Reaction score
Last fall, I purchased this blue check Hudson. It looks like they made this fabric into a Lazio 3 piece for this F/W collection and I'm kind of bummed that mine is only a 2 piece. It is definitely a beautiful pattern. I've only worn it a few times and I don't regret buying it, but I wish it wasn't so loud so that I could wear it more often.

hudsonbluecheck.JPG

Anyone else want to share their boldest suits in their collection?

Falu_al

Reaction score
Anyone tried their MTM service? Would be good to hear some feedback. They just opened here in Hong Kong.

h3ro

Reaction score
Anyone tried their MTM service? Would be good to hear some feedback. They just opened here in Hong Kong.
My MTM order came in yesterday and I should be able to go check it out within the next few days. I'm expecting some alterations to be needed but fingers crossed!

I ended up selecting a light weight dark navy wool hopsack-like fabric by VBC, 250gm weight. Thus far, it's been a great experience. I worked with Anthony at the Atlanta store. He's one of the few Suitsupply employees I have met that 'get's it'. Not everyone wants to dress like a Suitsupply clone and he was very helpful in the picking of the fabric and details of the three piece suit I was having made.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm really disappointed the store here is only opening next year, I've been dying to try the MTM programme. Their regular fits really don't do it for me anymore.

Alterations are inevitable for a first pass. I think most important thing is that they nail the details and proportions.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My MTM order came in yesterday and I should be able to go check it out within the next few days. I'm expecting some alterations to be needed but fingers crossed!

I ended up selecting a light weight dark navy wool hopsack-like fabric by VBC, 250gm weight. Thus far, it's been a great experience. I worked with Anthony at the Atlanta store. He's one of the few Suitsupply employees I have met that 'get's it'. Not everyone wants to dress like a Suitsupply clone and he was very helpful in the picking of the fabric and details of the three piece suit I was having made.

I feel like its key to know/like the person you're working with...I'm gonna use SuitSupply MTM for my wedding suit if i can't get down to a size within the Kent Wang range and am currently looking for recs of who to work with in NYC for MTM at SuitSupply (or elsewhere)

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@h3ro Were there any details you wanted that weren't possible? I just got back from an MTM fitting at a local outfit (which charges more than twice the price of SuSu) and got basically everything I wanted except a lowered gorge on the jacket. The only thing they could do was reduce the angle by .5 cm's.

Last edited:

Falu_al

Reaction score

Great - how much did they charge you? Love the "suitsupply clone" phrase. I was about to go there in my post, but didn't have the guts to pull the trigger. Being Swedish, we're too spineless and will remain forever neutral...

h3ro

Reaction score
@h3ro Were there any details you wanted that weren't possible? I just got back from an MTM fitting at a local outfit (which charges more than twice the price of SuSu) and got basically everything I wanted except a lowered gorge on the jacket. The only thing they could do was reduce the angle by .5 cm's.
The only detail I couldn't get done on my suit was in regards to the lining. If you take a look at any of your Suitsupply half-lined jackets, you'll see that the front portions lining is scalloped, leaving a portion of your sides not being covered by lining. I'm a fan of this as I currently reside in Atlanta, GA where it remains relatively warm year round compared to my home city of New York. As per the MTM program, the three options of lining are Full Lining, Half Lining (butterflied as in the Jort series) and completely Unlined.
I went with half lined (with a lovely blue fish print lining that my wife found hilariously fun) but MTM half linings extend across the entirety of the front portion. It's an acceptable compromise.
Regarding the gorge, I too wanted a lower stance. Anthony stated that we should lower the button stance in a way to replicate a lower rolled lapel. I went with the largest notch lapel they make (10cm) and will see the results of this decision as soon as I'm able to make my way back to the shop.
Great - how much did they charge you? Love the "suitsupply clone" phrase. I was about to go there in my post, but didn't have the guts to pull the trigger. Being Swedish, we're too spineless and will remain forever neutral...
I would say I'm relatively young in my field of work, but that doesn't mean I can show up to meetings and dinners with my pants stopping right above my knee and my suit jackets fitted to looking painted on to me. I'm glad I found a sales rep at Suitsupply that understood this. I see too many people being fitted/pinned at the stores being cut/pasted into the 'look' by newer employees.
As per pricing, I picked a VBC 'house' fabric, meaning it was purchased in bulk by the company. The pricing varies by region. I paid the standard rate here in the States for a three piece suit using house fabric.
Being in Asia/Europe (you mentioned being Swedish and previously residing in HK), your pricing is much more attractive than it already is for us here in the States. I would ask your local store for the Asian or European equivalent for pricing to be most accurate as the conversion of our price here would be far more expensive.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious what most are paying these days with MTM at Suit Supply, I heard the prices have increased. Anyone have any examples of what they paid for a half canvassed or full canvassed suit with with which fabrics?

I just commissioned a suit with Beckett and Robb because I tend to dislike the SuitSupply in San Francisco where just about all the sales reps think everyone should wear tight and short pants with narrow shouldered jackets.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious what most are paying these days with MTM at Suit Supply, I heard the prices have increased. Anyone have any examples of what they paid for a half canvassed or full canvassed suit with with which fabrics?

I just commissioned a suit with Beckett and Robb because I tend to dislike the SuitSupply in San Francisco where just about all the sales reps think everyone should wear tight and short pants with narrow shouldered jackets.

I am considering using SuitSupply MTM for my wedding suit/tux and was quoted $999 for a full canvas standard-ish tux in VBC S150

star656

Reaction score
I am considering using SuitSupply MTM for my wedding suit/tux and was quoted $999 for a full canvas standard-ish tux in VBC S150
Do you know how much the jackets only run? I'm guessing 699? I would like to pick up a camelhair jacket at some point.

I have a couple of DYO's from Suitsupply in Georgetown (DC) and I am very pleased. While not 100% perfect (the Napoli is a hair too wide in the shoulders but allows for a sharp suppression and silhouette and the Havana is a hair tight across the chest) for the price at $639 it's unbeatable. They can adjust pretty much everything else, especially length. And the trousers are perfect out the box no tailoring, they even tapered a bit for me. The biggest downside IMO is the lack of casual fabrics (especially now that they offer jacket only option at $399).

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Do you know how much the jackets only run? I'm guessing 699? I would like to pick up a camelhair jacket at some point.

I have a couple of DYO's from Suitsupply in Georgetown (DC) and I am very pleased. While not 100% perfect (the Napoli is a hair too wide in the shoulders but allows for a sharp suppression and silhouette and the Havana is a hair tight across the chest) for the price at $639 it's unbeatable. They can adjust pretty much everything else, especially length. And the trousers are perfect out the box no tailoring, they even tapered a bit for me. The biggest downside IMO is the lack of casual fabrics (especially now that they offer jacket only option at $399).

Awesome! I didn't know that you can make adjustments for DYO.

Penny_pants

Reaction score
hey guys I'm looking to pick up a couple suits for weddings etc in navy blue and medium grey, comfortable with spending 600ish , should i be looking anywhere else besides suit supply. I'm normally a 36R jackets with a 30" waist prefer 7.5-8 leg opening. 5"9 140lbs. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kelvin0683

Reaction score
hey guys I'm looking to pick up a couple suits for weddings etc in navy blue and medium grey, comfortable with spending 600ish , should i be looking anywhere else besides suit supply. I'm normally a 36R jackets with a 30" waist prefer 7.5-8 leg opening. 5"9 140lbs. Thanks!

J.Crew or Brooks Brothers for sure. They're both within the same price range with BB being a tad more expensive. Definitely go get measured in store first because my dimensions are similar to yours and I wear a 34 in SuitSupply and a 36 in J.Crew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads