• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sigma089

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with SuSu MTM Coats? At 5"6 I have a really hard time finding coats that aren't too long. I would like a single breasted winter coat that ends around my mid thigh area and was considering SuSu MTM for that.

Do you know if their MTM outerwear is generally comparable to their other MTM offerings? I'm really happy with a sportscoat they did for me, so that would be great news. I have already looked at the available fabrics for coats and found two or three very nice ones from Drapers, but still can't make up my mind. I don't want to be stuck with a subpar coat, especially since this coat would be the very first the MTM guys at the SuSu store in my hometown would produce (SA told me as much as I was looking at the available fabrics).

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent back the camel overcoat, got the Brown one, very happy with it. Might get the back band buttons adjust slightly for a tiny bit of waist suppression.

I actually think the material might be the same (perhaps a tiny bit darker) than the 2013 SS blue posted about below. Also wish they'd bring back that particular model for overcoats:
http://blueloafers.com/outfits/one-proper-overcoat-length/

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Posted two nice items (A Super 180s Birdseye JORT and a BLUE CHECK HAVANA) in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

I am still waiting to grab some of the new collection for myself :)

star656

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the rivington fits compared to the vicenza? Also, does the rivington raincoat in VBC wool blend have a removable hood?

I am interested in an overcoat, but am realizing I will likely have much more use for the lighter 'raincoat' as opposed to a wool overcoat for my first purchase. I tried on a 32R vicenza and the fit was perfect over my DYO havanas and napolis.

pomor

Reaction score
In short — go for it

Yes on the removable hood

For discussion and pictures search last 5-6 months in this thread

RexBanner

Reaction score
Are they charging extra for the usual box that suits come in? I've bought many suits in the past from them and it always came in the big box. Now it's a $15 extra? wtf

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
Are they charging extra for the usual box that suits come in? I've bought many suits in the past from them and it always came in the big box. Now it's a $15 extra? wtf

Gonna guess it became too expensive. Not surprising to me at all, that was absolutely luxurious shipping. I'd rather have free shipping and returns and a slightly worse box than have them start charging for shipping/returns. I'm gonna guess they also get a ton of returns, personally I've kept only about 1/3 of the items I have ordered from SS (but still spent a good chunk of money on their products).

RexBanner

Reaction score
I agree, but that was one of my favorite things about SS. It was a nice touch. I'm worried that as SS gets bigger and more famous, it's starting to lose the stuff that made it great. The recent lineup is a good example of that :(

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Value for money to the quality is one of the things that has made SuSu popular, I think offering it as an extra that people can choose to have that packaging, rather than a $15 price rise across all applicable products, was the way to go.

RexBanner

Reaction score
Lol I completely agree. I'm not just saying it's the box that I care about. I'm just saying it seems like they're making a lot of changes. Also, the recent Fall/Winter lineup was quite disappointing imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads