• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know how they did it, but even the stitching of the lining to the uppers doesn't appear to be messed up. It is almost as if the new stitches went into the old holes and didn't create new ones. Maybe that's just the product of using a sewing machine for uppers.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just wanted to post yet another great St. Crispin's experience. I recently shipped back a pair of mine to get a resole, and an inquiry about if anything could be done to some damage due to extreme wear (severely beat up sole, and cracked lining and such). I got them back and I almost **** myself. They look brand new, newer than some of my others that have come back with only a new sole. On this well worn pair the entire sole had been replaced (not a half sole, which is normally done), and the lining had been completely replaced as well. I am not sure, due to the sock liner, but if they replaced the insole as well that would have been a serious undertaking being that welting the insole is probably 75% of making a shoe. Also, since I am a huge black shoe guy, my new sole is polished a glossy black as a nod to my taste I'm sure. Hats off to Saint Crispins.

So what's your real name and why do they have CG pinned to the waist?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Many people on Style Forum are disappointed when they find out that my real name isn't Patrick Booth. A large majority of them still call me Patrick, or Booth, IRL though and they refuse to call me by my real name.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Many people on Style Forum are disappointed when they find out that my real name isn't Patrick Booth. A large majority of them still call me Patrick, or Booth, IRL though and they refuse to call me by my real name.

I'm not disappointed...I'm just curious--I have an analytical mind (I suspected foul play or something untoward when I saw the bottoms of your shoes.)

Do you ever let slip your real name...or the dogs of war, whichever comes first?

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Do you ever let slip your real name...or the dogs of war, whichever comes first?

I've never let it slip on here. I'm not against people knowing who I am or anything, I'd just rather not have it plastered all over the internet for many reasons that I am sure you can guess.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I've never let it slip on here. I'm not against people knowing who I am or anything, I'd just rather not have it plastered all over the internet for many reasons that I am sure you can guess.

Understood. :fonz:

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'll also add that the mystique of pB is much more interesting than the real pB (I'm a pretty simple person).

Talk more about that...who was/is he? Maybe he's the most interesting person in the world...and stays thirsty.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I made up Patrick Booth on the spot years ago. I happened to be reading a book at the time where the protagonist's name was Patrick, and I stole Booth from an alias that David Lynch used, "Judas Booth". Seemed to fit well.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't know how they did it, but even the stitching of the lining to the uppers doesn't appear to be messed up. It is almost as if the new stitches went into the old holes and didn't create new ones. Maybe that's just the product of using a sewing machine for uppers.

Probably easier...albeit hugely time consuming...to hit all the holes by hand. Still, it can be done by machine--just takes a bit more time and effort.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any which way they did it, I'm impressed.

I forgot to mention to them that on future orders I don't want a sock liner for some of the reasons that you have pointed out in the past.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any which way they did it, I'm impressed.

I forgot to mention to them that on future orders I don't want a sock liner for some of the reasons that you have pointed out in the past.

What would those problems be if I might ask?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics