• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnbond8459

Reaction score
Hi Rick -

Any possibility of having some sport coats without patch pockets? Maybe I'm in the minority here, but standing 5'6" patch pockets make me look smaller than I already am. The fabrics that you choose don't lend themselves to looking like orphaned suit jackets if they had flap pockets. Just my two cents.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic oxford is the same yarn and weave. 40s x 2/20. We're just going to remove the brushing. That will make it as classic as you can get. It will be lighter and wear less warm. To go to anything finer lime a 2/80s yarn it ends up like a pin oxford.
What about a nice royal oxford in a palette of sherbet colors and broad stripes in primary colors?

exfalso

Reaction score
Quite excited about the upcoming items, but any news on the long-forgotten washed denim shirts?

Spex

Reaction score
I have the cotton dress trousers (actually a cotton/ spandex blend) from the suit and the material is quite lightweight and silky. It seems to be much lighter than the silk/linen but personally the silk/linen is easily a step up in fabric that would still breathe very well.

Which are these? I haven't seen anything but 100% cotton suits and trousers on the site.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which are these? I haven't seen anything but 100% cotton suits and trousers on the site.

They are noted as 100% cotton on the site. Either that is wrong or the label is wrong in the trousers. They certainly have stretch so I'm inclined to believe they are in fact 97% cotton 3% spandex.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite excited about the upcoming items, but any news on the long-forgotten washed denim shirts?

I also want to know about the other washes since I've been holding out buying a light wash from elsewere.

Been wearing my denim shirt usually once a week since getting it. Only feedback I'd have on them is less/no brushing (it boarderline flannel looking up close) and tone on tone stitching next time on the rinsed wash.

2017-07-07 09.44.20_edited.jpg

IMG_2080.JPG

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I also want to know about the other washes since I've been holding out buying a light wash from elsewere.

Been wearing my denim shirt usually once a week since getting it. Only feedback I'd have on them is less/no brushing (it boarderline flannel looking up close) and tone on tone stitching next time on the rinsed wash.

We picked this cloth up from stock, so we didn't get exactly what we wanted. We're still hunting around for that magical price/quality ratio, but because denim is made on special looms, it's turning out to be tricky. An alternative is just to be Albiate denim from the Albini group, but then we'd have to sell denim shirts for about $100 CAD. I don't think our customers, you guys included are willing to drop $100 on a casual shirt?? Are you....We can always do it if there is demand!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think for the Fresco Jackets, we'll pick two pretty neutral colours like a Navy and a Mid to Dark Grey or a Mid Brown and then open up an MTO on them for next Spring delivery. Outside of SF and Menswear crowds, fresco is pretty unknown and not super desirable because of the really dry hand.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We picked this cloth up from stock, so we didn't get exactly what we wanted. We're still hunting around for that magical price/quality ratio, but because denim is made on special looms, it's turning out to be tricky. An alternative is just to be Albiate denim from the Albini group, but then we'd have to sell denim shirts for about $100 CAD. I don't think our customers, you guys included are willing to drop $100 on a casual shirt?? Are you....We can always do it if there is demand!

I would preorder a rinsed (or even raw so we can let them develop on their own ;)) and light wash right now, button down collars lined like the oxfords, dark stitching on the rinsed (still white thread with the buttons) and white thread on the light. Those would honestly be awesome casual shirts or to combo with cotton trousers and sportcoats.

https://propercloth.com/dress-shirts/albiate-60s-light-wash-denim-39241.html

This light wash color looks even better. https://propercloth.com/dress-shirts/albiate-contrast-thread-denim-light-wash-105944.html

Edit: I would consider contrast stitch on the light pair like the Drakes denim if this turned into some type of group buy scenario, again white stitch on buttons though. Hate the pen pocket thing. https://www.drakes.com/shirts/washed-blue-denim-shirt-with-button-down-collar

Last edited:

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would preorder a rinsed (or even raw so we can let them develop on their own ;)) and light wash right now, button down collars lined like the oxfords, dark stitching on the rinsed (still white thread with the buttons) and white thread on the light. Those would honestly be awesome casual shirts or to combo with cotton trousers and sportcoats.

https://propercloth.com/dress-shirts/albiate-60s-light-wash-denim-39241.html

This light wash color looks even better. https://propercloth.com/dress-shirts/albiate-contrast-thread-denim-light-wash-105944.html

Edit: I would consider contrast stitch on the light pair like the Drakes denim if this turned into some type of group buy scenario, again white stitch on buttons though. Hate the pen pocket thing. https://www.drakes.com/shirts/washed-blue-denim-shirt-with-button-down-collar

Seconding this. I go MTM on shirts though. Would be psyched if you guys started carrying Albiate denims.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Those of you who have bought the most recent khakis, pls. share your feedback on how we can improve them. We're always looking to get better. Be it fit, fabric, hardware, etc. Whatever. More fit than anything though, haha. Fit is king.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We could, but they would be about $140 - $150 CAD each.

Proper Cloth sells them for $150-160 USD and their construction and detailing is far inferior to yours. I don't have a problem shelling out $150 CAD for a Spier Albiate denim shirt or two. That's just me though.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhaacai0ne88