1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

So i've got to say that "older" women rock.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by GQgeek, Jan 14, 2007.

1. seanchai

seanchai Well-Known Member

I lucked out one summer when I was 23 and was dating a 42 year old woman. Gorgeous body, took great care of herself, nice fake cans, and a ton of money. We'd only hangout on weekends which consisted of going to a club, getting fucked up on drugs, then spending the remainder of the weekend eating and lounging around her massive condo. I didn't even have a car, just a studio apartment, so this was heaven.

And she was a squirter. That was probably the best part.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You won the thread dude.

2. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Well, to Vanity's credit, he at least seems to understand what an "older woman" is. This "four years older than me" stuff kinda makes me chuckle. [​IMG]

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

any 2nd date updates?

2nd date is on tuesday at a very nice restaurant. The almost week and a half wait is killing me but it couldn't be helped. =/

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Well, to Vanity's credit, he at least seems to understand what an "older woman" is. This "four years older than me" stuff kinda makes me chuckle.
    [​IMG]

Dude, she's 7-8 years older than what I normally date. That's "older"!

5. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

Good luck on the second date. [​IMG]

6. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

I just went out with a 20 year old.[​IMG]

7. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Nice! But wrong thread. You have to start a "younger girls rock" thread. Or would that just be stating the obvious?

8. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

I know, and our date was wonderful! I'll see you next Friday. [​IMG]

9. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Nice! But wrong thread. You have to start a "younger girls rock" thread. Or would that just be stating the obvious?

I guess I better edit my post to make it less gender-specific. How about "Younger dating partners rock"? Thanks for clearing that up, Jovan.

[​IMG]

10. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Good luck with the date. Not that this guaranties success but my parents do have a 4 year age difference (my mother being the older of the two).

12. LARon

LARon Well-Known Member

The issue of older versus younger women always presents a dilemma. From what I've seen (and coming from where I am now in life -- mid-40's), I prefer women who are beyond the "baby" stage, i.e., they either have kids already or know for a fact that they don't want them, either because they "can't" have them or they've taken a vow of career and single-dom. I prefer this latter group because you can be pretty comfortable that the relationship will not later blow up over, or lead to marriage because of, the baby issue.

Here is my general take on each of these groups: women of child-bearing age (20-40) who haven't yet had kids are more energetic, nubile and eager to please, (all of which is good) but generally because they want to be validated, gain experience or trap a potential husband/father for their kids (not so good). They also tend to be easily excitable (which can be good), which tapers off through maturation and seasoning (which also can be good or even better).

Women who've already had kids are often lonely and (sometimes) haggard (not so good), but appreciate a man's attention and are eager to show they've still got "it"; they also know exactly what they want and aren't afraid to go after "theirs" while trying to give you "yours" -- all of which makes for a helluva tossed salad. (damn good) What they may lack in hardness of body (and not all mothers are excessively soft), they make up for in performance and TLC.

Women who are committed to career are the least endurable because, on some level they're missing an essential gene that makes women different from men, namely, the tenderness/vulnerability gene that imbues women with a sensuality that sizzles when its "on" (not good). While Careerists have plenty of discretionary income and often are the most stylishly dressed and live the most interesting lifestyles (nice cars, vacations, plenty of social activity, etc., all of which is good) most, also, have come through a string of flings that have left them jaded and cynical and often deprive them of the ability to connect, at least not for a sustained period, to the tenderness/vulnerability gene. For a woman to lack that essential ingredient leaves one feeling, over time, like you're dating a female best friend rather than a "woman." (Perhaps, on some level, men really crave the presence of the maternal instinct in their life/home; someone who knows how to cheer you up like your mother did or how to make meat loaf and mashed potatoes when comfort food is called for.)

Lastly, are the women who can't have children. Those who really want them are sad to experience, because they're often mournful, to the point of being pathetic (not good), even as their longing exposes and represents their inherent vulnerability and feminity/maternal instinct (good). But, if they have accepted that they can't have children, yet still have a maternal instinct, they are often the best of the lot; irrespective of age.

1 person likes this.
  13. scnupe7

scnupe7 Well-Known Member

My GF is 4 years older than me as well.

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

So here's the update. The date was fantastic. There's always the fear that a second date won't live-up to a great first date but it surpassed it in this case.

I took her to a very intimate restaurant at which we had a 9 course tasting menu with wine pairings. This in itself is something I wouldn't normally do (b/c of $$ and statistics) but I had a very good feeling about her. My initial impressions were confirmed because we were at the restaurant for nearly 5 hours and during that time there was never an awkward silence and the time flew by. We agreed that it was a good sign and she told me it represented a first for her since she'd never been able to sit through a meal that long with any past boyfriends.

Anyway, the meal was fantastic. The highlights for me were the foie gras on venere rice with a curry emulsion and the rack of lamb scented with Ras-el-Hanout,purslane and beet salad, and tomato preserve with rosewater. I can't even put in to words how good the rack of lamb was... The cheese course was awe-inspiring as well. Everything about the place was simply outstanding. It did top my past most expensive meal but it was entirely worth it.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

have you made out with her yet? I've found that if you don't get somewhat romantic by date 2, it's going down the road of "really good friends"

16. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

My intentions have been made clear. At the beginning of our first date things were very ambiguous on both ends but I made it clear right then that I was interested romantically, because I was afraid of what you said happening. More than usual, I really felt a need to be explicit about my intentions due to the ambigous nature of her current status. She's got a bf, but he's leaving for good and she's not shedding any tears over him. She does respect him, however, so she doesn't want to cheat, and for that matter, she doesn't want me to think that she's the sort of girl that would do that either.

So, we've kissed but not made-out. I think that until he's out of the picture completely (I'm counting the days) that's probably as far as it will go. Anyway, I'm seeing her again on sunday so things are moving ahead.

17. Histrion

Histrion Well-Known Member

Anyway, the meal was fantastic. The highlights for me were the foie gras on venere rice with a curry emulsion and the rack of lamb scented with Ras-el-Hanout,purslane and beet salad, and tomato preserve with rosewater. I can't even put in to words how good the rack of lamb was... The cheese course was awe-inspiring as well. Everything about the place was simply outstanding. It did top my past most expensive meal but it was entirely worth it.

Sounds like Anise, am I right?

I really want to go to that restaurant someday.

18. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

My intentions have been made clear. At the beginning of our first date things were very ambiguous on both ends but I made it clear right then that I was interested romantically, because I was afraid of what you said happening. More than usual, I really felt a need to be explicit about my intentions due to the ambigous nature of her current status. She's got a bf, but he's leaving for good and she's not shedding any tears over him. She does respect him, however, so she doesn't want to cheat, and for that matter, she doesn't want me to think that she's the sort of girl that would do that either. So, we've kissed but not made-out. I think that until he's out of the picture completely (I'm counting the days) that's probably as far as it will go. Anyway, I'm seeing her again on sunday so things are moving ahead.
    Sounds like a keeper. Good luck.

19. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct. It's truely outstanding. It's definitely in the top 5 of montreal imo and I've been almost everywhere. Not only is everything fabulously prepared, but the flavor combinations are unique and the service is impeccable. I joked that the waiters must have been trained as ninjas because on more than one occasion, we found our water glasses refilled and we hadn't even noticed the guy.

The other thing I really like about the restaurant is that the clientele is all older, more mature people. My date is the one that actually picked up on this and said that it seemed like the type of restaurant in which everyone present had something important to say to whomever they were with. This contrasted against some of the trendier places that are all about showing-off your date and your money and are less about the food and good company. There's none of the tasteless young riff-raff that are so desperate to flash their new money, and behave as such, that go to some of the trendier places like Cavalli or Rosalie. This isn't to say that it doesn't have great decor and ambiance, however.

20. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

She's got a bf

[​IMG]

hopefully for you, he will be "leaving for good".....but damn. that's like finding a small booger in an otherwise perfect plate of food. I guess if you can just pick it out and throw it out, it's set for good eating right?