• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So i've got to say that "older" women rock.

vanity

Reaction score
If a woman is seeing someone and you come along and you're NOT banging her, something is wrong here. Women cheat on their boyfriends by **********. If they're going out to dinners, it's with friends. I've never seen this situation ever played out.

This is getting weird.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
eek.gif

hopefully for you, he will be "leaving for good".....but damn. that's like finding a small booger in an otherwise perfect plate of food. I guess if you can just pick it out and throw it out, it's set for good eating right?

I think it's more like finding out that the disgruntled sous chef took a piss on your dish . . . Are these really "dates" if she is seeing someone and doesn't want to cheat on him? Seems to me that a date requires, at minimum, two individuals who are not seeing other people seriously.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
If a woman is seeing someone and you come along and you're NOT banging her, something is wrong here. Women cheat on their boyfriends by **********. If they're going out to dinners, it's with friends. I've never seen this situation ever played out.

This is getting weird.

Jesus Christ, Vanity is now making sense??? What the hell is this world coming to. I have to agree, if I had a nickel for every "I'm in the middle of a divorce, break-up, etc" that went nowhere......

Also, a second date that big time might be overboard (Remember Chris Rock's bit "This side of the menu if you plan on ********** with me, this side if you are not"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
). It can only go downhill from here.

I've been married forever so take what I say with a grain of salt
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Also, a second date that big time might be overboard (Remember Chris Rock's bit "This side of the menu if you plan on ********** with me, this side if you are not"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
). It can only go downhill from here.

lol Chris Rock is a modern day philosopher of Socrates proportions

but yea, you're taking her out for this amazing meal, give her a peck goodnite, then she's going home and getting her brains banged out by the "boyfriend who's leaving for good". unfortunate but prolly true.

"yo babe, ya bring me back a doggie bag? bend over"

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
you're taking her out for this amazing meal, give her a peck goodnite, then she's going home and getting her brains banged out

"yo babe, ya bring me back a doggie bag? bend over"

Man, this is a rough crowd
laugh.gif

GQGeek, I sincerely hope your situation is different but as much as I absolutely love women, they can be the most devious creatures at times.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daaaaamn, you guys are cynical!
laugh.gif

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow!! You just dropped $300 or more on meal for a chick that has a BF?

vanity

Reaction score
Here's 2 decent priced plans that worked for me 100% of the time.

Vanity Pajama Attack:
Holding a "casual" movie night at your house with you and your date. Don't dress up, wear comfy clothes, drink wine and order in while watching movies. Also work in the phrase "fat kids" and stuffing your face with junk food and lying around. Babes LOVE doing this and they'll really appreciate that you wanna just hangout and be 'real'. And by real, you can guarantee they'll show up in the hottest, tightest sweatpants they have and their **** almost spilling out of a wife-beater.
Cost: ~$50-60

The Vanity Classic
This is an off-cuff Thursday move. You call them about 430pm and meet for drinks after work. You've "got some free time so you wanted to get together." Try to hit a casual after work bar and then progress to dinner somewhere crowded. Afterwards, you don't want her to get too full or drunk so now's the time to offer her some of the 8-ball you picked up prior. Now it's 1030pm, you're both high, drunk, full, and it's time to hit a nightclub. You'll wind up going home together at 4am, you'll both miss work, and she'll love the spontaneous badboy in you. Plus points for laying in bed all day Friday and ordering in between bouts of hot sex.
Cost: ~$200, depending on city

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
Afterwards, you don't want her to get too full or drunk so now's the time to offer her some of the 8-ball you picked up prior.

Damnit, this has been my problem all along. I offer them the 8 ball AFTER letting them get too full and drunk. Thanks for the tip.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I think it's more like finding out that the disgruntled sous chef took a piss on your dish . . . Are these really "dates" if she is seeing someone and doesn't want to cheat on him? Seems to me that a date requires, at minimum, two individuals who are not seeing other people seriously.

It's obviously not an ideal situation, but what can you do? There's never any telling, when, where, and under what circumstances you're going to meet someone. This present situation is at worst an inconvenience.

When I say he's leaving for good that means he's moving out of the country to the opposite side of the continent and they've both agreed that it's coming to an imminent end. It would be different if they had decided to break it off but he was still going to be living in the city and she continued seeing him because she couldn't bring herself to end it. If that were the case I would not be going down this road because I've done that before and it was no fun.

We talked about this at length though... Until she began seeing me, the thought of breaking-up with him before he left hadn't occured to her because they're fine (not great) together and there was no reason to break things off early. At this point she wants to move on from him so it's looking quite likely that she'll break if off even before he leaves.

For my part, I don't really have a problem with it since i'm secure with the way things are developping. As men we're always paranoid about a relationship we want more from developping in to a friends-only type of situation, but I'm positive that won't happen here.

Even if he was already gone, it's not like she'd be putting out on the second date, and I wouldn't want her to for that matter... That's great for a chick you just want to bang, but I want more from this one so I'm approaching it differently.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, that makes sense, although I would caution against becoming emotionally involved too early she's breaking off a long-term relationship. She may not want to jump into another serious relationship right away.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Okay, that makes sense, although I would caution against becoming emotionally involved too early she's breaking off a long-term relationship. She may not want to jump into another serious relationship right away.

Not only that, but she is overlapping. If she is doing it now, she may do it again. Only next time you could be the boyfriend.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
Not only that, but she is overlapping. If she is doing it now, she may do it again. Only next time you could be the boyfriend.
GQgeek is a homewrecker.
devil.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Sincere good luck, but I'd echo the concerns expressed by others. A description of a fantastic date should be far less focused on the food. But I'm glad to hear you had a good time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads