• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Supreme's webstore right now and show me 1 piece that remotely comes close to resembling something from SLP.

This?

Or this?

Or maybe this?

Don't kid yourself. The only reason SLP is popular with that crowd is because it's "internet approved".

Good job picking 3 of the least popular Supreme items. If we're playing that game I can also post SLP items that don't necessarily fit Hedi's aesthetic. I'm thinking more items like these -

I also never said Supreme and APC Resemble SLP, Simply that they fit right in together. SLP is basically Sneakers, boots, Jeans Leather and shirts.. It would fit with anything really.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also never once said Hedi has overseen anything from the mass manufacturing plants overseas, I only said there are items he oversees vs items that the manufacturing plants produce to fill the line. I've actually been to the SLP design studio in Weho and have seen members of his team meticulously dissect denim and collaborate with local ateliers and vintage clothing restoration people in l.a. to produce a lot of the stuff that hits the lines.

Last edited:

PattyC

Reaction score

^also the funny thing about the baby cat shirt is that it's much more expensive than what it costs in boutiques. Even some of the sneakers on far fetch are more than they retail in shops, so sometimes you aren't even getting a better deal. Not saying the items on far fetch etc are not legit, but they are definitely not items Hedi has overseen, simply mass produced factory run's. 

The shirts just come in different collar styles (the one you have is called Dylan I believe). I don't think there's two means of production at play (one "with Hedi" and one without).

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I also never once said Hedi has overseen anything from the mass manufacturing plants overseas, I only said there are items he oversees vs items that the manufacturing plants produce to fill the line. I've actually been to the SLP design studio in Weho and have seen members of his team meticulously dissect denim and collaborate with local ateliers and vintage clothing restoration people in l.a. to produce a lot of the stuff that hits the lines. 

What was that denim place called again?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best denim store in LA for most of your needs. Easiest repairs and Robert stands by his products.

Yep, I only heard about them from my SLP visit and will now be doing most of my shopping through them. All the guys there are legit and super nice. They've got great skills in restoring awesome vintage pieces that look like future classics. Love their black denim and the black/blue denim is beautiful. Walking into their shop feels like you're about to get fitted right before a Black Keys show.

Last edited:

Bussit

Reaction score

It was bound to happen, but whatever. It's not something important to me to get fixed so I might just remove it completely. Those Margiela jeans from the Recent Purchases thread though...

kelice

Reaction score

It was bound to happen, but whatever. It's not something important to me to get fixed so I might just remove it completely. Those Margiela jeans from the Recent Purchases thread though...
Uh! That chain though, it's annoying on the jackets, I always have to tell people not to hang my jacket in that little chain as it's not durable...

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
I also never once said Hedi has overseen anything from the mass manufacturing plants overseas, I only said there are items he oversees vs items that the manufacturing plants produce to fill the line. I've actually been to the SLP design studio in Weho and have seen members of his team meticulously dissect denim and collaborate with local ateliers and vintage clothing restoration people in l.a. to produce a lot of the stuff that hits the lines.

how did you manage that?

filcol

Reaction score
Can someone provide detailed fit pics of those boots: http://www.mrporter.com/product/374389

The heel looks so massive on the pics, I would really like to see how it looks worn with jeans/trousers. There is also a chelsea boot with a low heel I think, but it seems like no one is stocking it?

kelice

Reaction score
Can someone provide detailed fit pics of those boots: http://www.mrporter.com/product/374389

The heel looks so massive on the pics, I would really like to see how it looks worn with jeans/trousers. There is also a chelsea boot with a low heel I think, but it seems like no one is stocking it?

It is quite massive irl. Didn't buy them, so can't provide a fit pic.
However I have the low chelsea boot, and it's classic. Still to be found at:
http://www.ssense.com/men/product/saint_laurent/black_leather_chelsea_boots/94579
http://www.farfetch.com/fr/shopping...ot-item-10637226.aspx?storeid=9579&ffref=lp_7

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Can anyone vouch for the quality of this ss eyewear and does anyone have pics or suggestions of good styles?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads