• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Nanamica Goretex Field Jacket

I've seen this jacket listed on Realreal for awhile, but never could figure out what it was -- 100% cotton Nanamica blazer?

Anyway, I grabbed it for $140 on sale, and it turns out that it's one of their special cotton outer/bonded goretex inner field jackets, which retail for like $1000. The ******* label says 'goretex' right inside and they couldn't even list it, hah.

Details are insane - leather zipper pulls on the pocket, all the snaps are leather backed.

nana.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With TheRealReal I bet they're just using an algorithm to price stuff based on views, brand popularity, how well it sells, etc. Other brands that seem to sell well aren't cheap with some stuff overpriced being that they were used.

@Teger regarding tees, what do you consider expensive? If you don't mind blends, UniformLA tees are under $40 for a cotton/modal blend. For 100% cotton I've just bought the Barney's house brand off the warehouse website. You should be able to get them for around $25 with a discount which comes around pretty regularly. They made the current batch pretty slim now so in in between sizes. :(

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Well, over $50 is definitely an expensive tee, as of now though I probably wouldn't pay more than $10 - $15, which is Gap. I am ashamed to admit that I have a tee over $100 -- Kicking Mule Workshop (rip) handyed in natural indigo.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All my best tees are gold threaded

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this Valstar suede bomber in olive. Got any style inspiration pics or suggestions for how to wear this? I usually wear cool tones, so this is a pivot for me. I would like to have ways to wear it other than just with a white t.

Attachments

• IMG_4648.jpeg
    IMG_4648.jpeg
    568.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this Valstar suede bomber in olive. Got any style inspiration pics or suggestions for how to wear this? I usually wear cool tones, so this is a pivot for me. I would like to have ways to wear it other than just with a white t.
View attachment 1186105
View attachment 1186106
that shade of olive will go with most things - dark denim, faded jeans, black jeans, black pants, even khaki. I probably wouldn't wear it with light grey

Light gray

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Converse Lucky Stars

Simply great. Have also been going to town on various home furnishings. New comforter, new sheets, some new furniture and decor coming down the pipeline. ****'s expensive, but there's some satisfaction in building a place I really like.

Particularly given that I work from home 3+ days/wk now and so spend a lot of time in here.

EDIT: TheRealReal has actually gotten a lot better than they used to be, though it's not to our benefit. One consistent error they'd make a couple years ago is list mainline Rick Owens items as Drkshdw...even signature stuff like geobaskets and leathers. Which means you'd find things like nearly-new leather jackets for $400 and geobaskets for $250. The occasional stuff from "artisanal" designers (Boris, MA+, etc.) that cropped up was similarly underpriced. They smartened up, it seems, but there were some steals to be had.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads