• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Benesyed Will do! I had the chance to try this jacket on in store way back, wanted it but the $2500 price tag scared me off. Excited to get a second chance at this piece!

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got quite a few recent purchases but these are my fave:
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F01%2Fnepenthes-new-york-reebok-workout-plus-1.jpg

Reebok x Nepenthes

I've been fuckin up by not wearing Reeboks all this time. Super comfy, looks fantastic (they're seriously some of my best-looking sneakers) and cheap enough that I can rough em up and not have to worry about it. I'm buying some other Workouts immediately.

I've got absolutely no reason these days to spend more than $100 on a pair of casual sneakers. I've been consistently happier with my Chucks, Reeboks, Spalwarts and the like than any high-end stuff I've bought in the past several years.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I say "Spalwarts" I mean one model only, the Special Low. I always forget their Marathons are so much more popular, because I think they're totally overpriced and generally unremarkable.

specialwhitelow-white3403001-00003331-optimerad-3.jpg

But Special Lows are fantastic. I've tried a LOT of Chuck Taylor-esque shoes and they're my favorite so far. And you can frequently get em on sale (like all non-Marathon Spalwarts) because they seem to always be around at end-of-season.

I was thinking about how just a few months ago I was going back and forth on getting Vor sneakers, which are basically gorgeous, high-end Reeboks. As a pro, the Vors look and feel a little bit nicer. As a con, they're way more expensive, less comfortable both off the bat and broken in, more precious, and most importantly every person I'm friends with or otherwise care about would think I'm a tool if they knew I wore $300 sneakers. So, you know, it's a pretty easy decision for me all considered.

Unfortunately, I have not come to the same revelation with boots.

EDIT: I should hedge a bit because my most-worn sneakers for the past year were $130:
CV-LW000202-1_1200x.jpg

But those are totally worth it, too.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I dunno man i feel the opposite, love my cps, rafs, etc and can't justify sweat shop sneaks made with pleather or recycled materials that cost over 75 bucks. Copping vors as soon as i figure out my size.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did for years. I get it.

I think it's just been a lifestyle change. I spend most of my time around people that don't own any piece of clothing worth more than $200 (not counting a wetsuit, natch), and the beach life is just different. I still like my leather jackets, still like my nice boots...but I don't want any sneakers I wouldn't want to move a couch or play soccer in.

Heck, these days even when I'm out I'm either in jeans & leather or shorts and sneakers, with not a lot in between. So I guess when I want nice shoes I'm just gonna wear boots.

But after years of wearing higher-end sneakers exclusively, I definitely thought cheaper sneakers were worse in my head than they actually are.

I've got a pair from Stepney Workers Club on the way, too. We'll see how they do me.
dellow_canvas_raw_ecru_top_1.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
my buddy has a pair of achilles that he literally wears every other day because he owns no other sneakers

they're are ******* thrashed and look so good i'm jelly

beat up nikes on the other hand...and chucks? i have a few pairs but they just look gross unless you're a grunge du

none of my friends have expensive clothes and the concerns you have do not or have ever cross my mind, everyone has their vices and there are people i know that spend more on weed than i spend on clothes these days

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well then I guess I'm still at the point where I still care too much about messing up my expensive sneakers. And I don't think that'll ever change, because I've got the means to not care but I still do. I live more in cheap **** than I do in expensive ****. But that's definitely just me being a neurotic idiot.

But only for shoes. Everything else is still overpriced, overbuilt, over-designed jawnz.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did for years. I get it.

I think it's just been a lifestyle change. I spend most of my time around people that don't own any piece of clothing worth more than $200 (not counting a wetsuit, natch), and the beach life is just different. I still like my leather jackets, still like my nice boots...but I don't want any sneakers I wouldn't want to move a couch or play soccer in.

Heck, these days even when I'm out I'm either in jeans & leather or shorts and sneakers, with not a lot in between. So I guess when I want nice shoes I'm just gonna wear boots.

But after years of wearing higher-end sneakers exclusively, I definitely thought cheaper sneakers were worse in my head than they actually are.

I've got a pair from Stepney Workers Club on the way, too. We'll see how they do me.
dellow_canvas_raw_ecru_top_1.jpg
15586694417387064860896117646696.jpg

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Those are breaking in great.

I lost my own plot. I didn't sell my leather sneakers for any of the reasons I said. I sold em because none of em were comfortable and all my cheap sneakers are. Working 3 jobs is starting to wear my brain down, maybe. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with those Reeboks is that they are so old it screams Senior Citizen. Old people that can't afford orthopedic shoes mostly buy those.

Personally I would rather buy an Adidas Ultraboost under $100 than a grandpa shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads