• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It has become a kind of trophy SUV,
Ive never driven one..................but I like the styling of them

My friend has been trying to sell his m3 for a bit now, its the v8 version, super fast.

Funny you mention X5 that happens to be my fave SUV. I drove the most recent version of a friend's and liked it but i kinda like the older ones more, they felt more rugged. I put the x5 on the back burner and bought an Acura MDX, not the same obviously but its super comfy and big. I went from a 15+ year old car to a car with all the bells and whistles, mind is blown.

Re range rover, holy **** that car depreciates like crazy, its nice as hell but loses value fast. I buy cars for the long haul so RR would be at the bottom of my list.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would drive the **** out of an old G Wagon. Doesn't matter to me if various newer models are consistently double parked at Whole Foods everywhere I go.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every time my Dad comes to visits he asks the rental place for "the biggest Yank Tank you have".
He tried to make me buy a Suburban when I was looking for a car, he even said he was put money towards it so he could drive it when he came to visit but that **** was like driving a bus. It just wasn't fun.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
U Americans really do love your big gas guzzlers :wink:

Chinese born and raised in white suburbia here.

Neighbors on the left have an A8, Qx80. Neighbors on the right a Range Rover, C300, 550i, 911 Carrera.

I drive a Hyundai, get ~35 city / 40+ highway, and do my best bringing the median income down.

I also mow my own lawn #asian

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Margiela painted canvas slip ons- thoughts?

FCE6980A-B016-4DE8-B1BA-5E7AC96EFE7B.jpeg

3AD9EFC1-5A70-4F2A-9440-8D240D6D2382.jpeg

Eyealt

Reaction score
Been in a Macan Turbo and a Macan GTS and they're both incredible cars. They're nimble, comfortable, spacious and honestly really, really quick. Driving back to SoCal on empty highways with a buddy in a B7 S4 putting out around 420+ hp and the Turbo pulled heavily on the Audi. The GTS could even keep up nicely in the Malibu canyons against the same car. Really impressive machines - Porsche is on their A game. I'd take a Macan or Cayenne over any M line SUV any day.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time my Dad comes to visits he asks the rental place for "the biggest Yank Tank you have".
He tried to make me buy a Suburban when I was looking for a car, he even said he was put money towards it so he could drive it when he came to visit but that **** was like driving a bus. It just wasn't fun.

What does your dad drive back home? SUVs are so much cooler in Australia, I love the Defenders, Land Cruiser 70, Nissan Patrol, etc. A lot of them have the snorkel air intake too making me wonder if that many Australians go driving through creeks and streams for fun.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL denim, slim narrow. Picked these up because I have no blue denim, just have two pairs: grey and faded black, both from MMM.

Thinking these are too tapered/slim. Not sure I love the wash.

Any feedback on whether I should keep?

5D4E3497-2E61-41EA-98B0-2B9A30B9A3EC.jpeg

7261108E-3021-4677-A799-8EA58E749B17.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What does your dad drive back home? SUVs are so much cooler in Australia, I love the Defenders, Land Cruiser 70, Nissan Patrol, etc. A lot of them have the snorkel air intake too making me wonder if that many Australians go driving through creeks and streams for fun.

He’s had a diesel Jeep grand Cherokee for 4 years now but prior to that always had Mazda crossovers.
That’s another good thing; how easy it is to find a diesl in Australia

Things like Suburbans don’t fit in lanes and parking spaces in Australia though. You occasionally see a Suburban or F-150 and they flow over into second lanes or have to park on the top floor of a garage and take up 2 spots. All the US cars that make it into the Australian marks are sedans and crossovers. Tons of X5’s and Cayenne. I have a Toyota Highlander here (it’s called a Kruger in Australia) and even those are kind of a ***** to park in Australa

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@msg fit looks good to me. You got rid of your Geller type 3s? Fit looked pretty similar from what I recall.

Thanks. The Gellers blew out at the crotch and pocket, my second pair; my first pair ripped in the same way. Not sure I want a 3rd pair of Geller as much as I love the fit and wash.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Been in a Macan Turbo and a Macan GTS and they're both incredible cars. They're nimble, comfortable, spacious and honestly really, really quick. Driving back to SoCal on empty highways with a buddy in a B7 S4 putting out around 420+ hp and the Turbo pulled heavily on the Audi. The GTS could even keep up nicely in the Malibu canyons against the same car. Really impressive machines - Porsche is on their A game. I'd take a Macan or Cayenne over any M line SUV any day.
A lot of my friends who had M3's "upgraded" to the Macan.
If i never had Kids, Id own a 911 gts, BUT the 4 door of the M was the winner for me and I own it debt free, I will be keeping this car to give to my firstborm

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would drive the **** out of an old G Wagon. Doesn't matter to me if various newer models are consistently double parked at Whole Foods everywhere I go.
the thing with the G wagon is that they are basically the same type trick with little changes over time.
A freind of mine who owns tacet jewellery has one. I gave up the hope of having one when i looked at the prices......they are NOT CHEAP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads