• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not sure if you read the Guardian article a few weeks ago, but the EU just passed the Button Disclosure Act, which mandates that all manufacturers of button down shirts reveal their buttons. Yoox even had to take down all their hidden placket shirts from previous seasons.

Wow, that really looks like Solitude. Hum.

Biggen

Reaction score

That's a great pick-up. I love that Author, problem is that it was designed super oversized so my regular size was not working. If it works for you, you are going to be a happy man.

Yeah, I love it. Did size down one to a V and that worked out fine. But I'm 6'4 so can understand that some people find it a bit too big. My one problem is that it's so thick in the arms that it's a bit problematic getting a jacket over it.

Last edited:

wootx

Reaction score

Not sure if you read the Guardian article a few weeks ago, but the EU just passed the Button Disclosure Act, which mandates that all manufacturers of button down shirts reveal their buttons. Yoox even had to take down all their hidden placket shirts from previous seasons.

Yeah, for the first time ever, Italy was the first country to ratify a treaty: the Button Disclosure Act.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zam pants and Double Alpaca arrived today! Thoughts:

Alpaca- thing is pretty crazy- beautiful materials, great/unique construction, unusual fit. Still trying to figure out how to wear it, takes a while to button the "scarf" across stomach but it looks good. Elastic waist hem sometimes makes it bunch up if not pulled down all the way. Quite warm. Couldn't imagine sizing up in this, I'd look like the michelin man. Anyways, I'll post a real fit when I figure how to actually wear it lol

Zam- Prolly the nicest fabric I've ever handled, never felt linen with this weight or texture. Really hard to explain through words. Color is a rich black, fit is pretty skinny with super nice stacking (but not excessive). Waist is pretty tight right now (still working on losing that last 10 lbs, so it should fit perfect after that). Does the waist stretch at all? Button detailing/pockets/etc are all very very nice. Super dope.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you even have 10lb to lose? :puzzled:

I was actually like 160-165ish before London and now I'm about 170-175, everything in my wardrobe fits a little more snug than I'd like so I'm just exercising more/eating less burgers and ****

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aloha Rag order came in:

Top Coat: impressive in terms of construction/details, but a lot thinner than I expected.
Cord Shirt: also thinner than expected given that it's corduroy (I was imagining borderline shirt jacket), grosgrain placket is more pleasing in person.
White Jeans: these are a collab with Big John and they're super nice, I had maybe the least expectations for these but they're really comfortable and the fit is good. Somewhere between a NS/PS.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

reedo i think you have body dysmorphia. i'm not really joking.

I've always felt weird towards my body (even as far back as elementary school) but I've never been unhealthy about weight loss, in fact this sort of imperfect self view pushes me to stay fit and live a healthier lifestyle

are you like 6'5" redo

lol no I'm 5'11"

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you even have 10lb to lose? :puzzled:

It's really not that crazy to me, weight gain distribution is often localized rather than spread across the whole body. I've weighed around 145 for several years, but this year I somehow put on about 5 pounds. Since I'm ~6'1" I'm still skinny even at 150. But those 5 pounds all went to my waist, which means all the pants I have that used to fit well on the 32" waist I had 145 are now a bit snug on the 33" waist I have at 150.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

as much as i hate teger's attempts to analyze people's mental states via their posting on styleforum ( still love you tho teger), i kind of agree. you look more than skinny enough and i don't think your dropping weigh for an athletic reason so just chill man. i'm all for eating healthy, but really bruh enjoy a cheeseburger occasionally while your young adn can still do that.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

It's really not that crazy to me, weight gain distribution is often localized rather than spread across the whole body. I've weighed around 145 for several years, but this year I somehow put on about 5 pounds. Since I'm ~6'1" I'm still skinny even at 150. But those 5 pounds all went to my waist, which means all the pants I have that used to fit well on the 32" waist I had 145 are now a bit snug on the 33" waist I have at 150.

i was not posting in reference to his specific post (i too will feel my pants getting tight if i gain 5 lbs), but rather the general attitude as expressed through his many posts about his weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads