• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

everything else in your sales thread was a 42 ... not sure i've ever worn a 42 in anything haha
as for the porter thing, well there's been a lot of items but i mean andrewgreg, almost nothing you posted seemed interesting to me, and you weren't buying such massive quantities before the sale season. people are buying stuff just because it's on sale, and it shows.

I think it's about personal style. I genuinely like most of stuff I got. I do admit there are some stuff I buy because it's cheap at that price. Between genuinely like an item but can only afford it at sale price and buying it just for the cheap price. How can you which one people are doing? For people with limited money to spend, lower price will make them think worth it because obviously their "price to value" ratio is higher.

I am newly into style, and most of my stuff are very safe, basic, and plain design. That might be another reason why I like porter's selection. I'm trying to buy different items just to try. Thanks for your opinion and being honest. :)

Last edited:

sh0ebox

Reaction score
@Unc: I'm a true US9 (41 in CP, 42 in MMM, etc.) and those butteros were a perfect fit for me in a 40. However those F***ers are really uncomfortable so if they are too big for you that might be a good thing. They could really use an insole.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Mr. Porter Awesomeness thread is ******* ridiculous. "I bought this at 70% off and it went down to 80% off a week later! I'm demanding they refund me!" I could understand if it was a few hours, but seriously? Of course they're going to raise the discount once the size choice dwindles, anyway.
I've seen very few nice things bought from Porter during this sale season.

ohhhhhhhhhhh shut up, that's a personal opinion. porter doesn't really cater to your style thus seeing "very few nice things" is obsolete. :foo:

A poster like Unc here just says whatever is on their minds to get a rise imho. No use in calling them idiots, trust me... they will just keep writing slop. What gets me wondering is the people that agree. Its an ongoing cycle, its boring!, no its not!

Anyways I bought one item in the Porter sale down from nearly 700 to 200. For anyone 200 can be a lot for a piece of clothing. I very much liked the item. Who doesn't like to get a good deal? Asking Porter for a further discount is kind of pushing it but again who doesn't want a good deal..

I find bondage pants/black boiled wool coats/over sized pants/ coats with "awesome" hems/ drop crotch/ leather/all black anything pretty bland and boring because they don't suit me, I would not enjoy wearing it, but I don't express that negativity every other post

Let that new Schneider go on sale at SW and watch the opposite happen, but its so much more exciting!

Also I dislike late plane arrivals

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

tumblr_lxtn72m6uF1qbbj0lo1_500.jpg
Buttero distressed combat boots

:bounce2: Twinsies!! :bounce2:
:fistbump:

I just picked a pair up off ebay for cheap. I'm a true US 12 and got them in 43. They fit, but I like my shoes snug, so most people would be fine going down 1 - 1.5 from their Brannock size. If you're going to use an insole, you'll probably want soft one; the instep is really narrow, and a stiff insole will spread the boot out horizontally at the medial arch. I'd say comfort level is around average for the boots I've owned. Leather upper is soft enough that it doesn't need much breaking in, but they'll probably be a bit more comfortable (and look better) once they've been beaten up a little so they soften and stretch in the right places.

The heel is a little on the high side, but I'm going to wear them around a while before I decide whether I want to get it reduced. The shaft is wide and tall enough that it isn't too hard to get them hem of my jeans (somewhere in the 7.2" range) over them, but it's a little hard to get the stacks back into place. Probably easier to either wear straight-leg jeans and have the hem fall naturally or wear skinny jeans and tuck.

fit pic:

KqgMb.jpg

additional angles:
HcsfE.jpg

fpW7p.jpg

I2jgY.jpg

QWIHd.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
The only problem I would anticipate is having extra room at the front of the toe. If you don't trip over your feet every time you wear shoes with an elongated toebox,* you should be fine.

* I do. :embar:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i just got some butteros too, havent arrived yet. sized down to a 44 and hopefully they work.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God damn those look good. They're close to the W+H boot but probably without the agonizing pain that comes with walking in them.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably because you didn't spend your Asian parents' money on them.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Mr. Porter Awesomeness thread is ******* ridiculous. "I bought this at 70% off and it went down to 80% off a week later! I'm demanding they refund me!" I could understand if it was a few hours, but seriously? Of course they're going to raise the discount once the size choice dwindles, anyway.
I've seen very few nice things bought from Porter during this sale season.

Yeah, I snagged a bunch of **** in my size but I think I'm returning almost everything. The sale was good for getting really high quality basics - I got a pair of margiela pants for like $70 which is an amazing deal (they just didn't fit quite right) - but nothing on Porter has ever struck me as a must-have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads