• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@troika Not that threes a crowd, but I think this is the first time these have been the topic on conversation in 30 years.

Show me what you wind up getting! Here's two worth taking a look at.

Last edited:

Joytropics

Reaction score
Brioni oxfords. I’ve always been a sucker for two-tone,
44B5995D-BAB8-4219-802F-B221BD8676FD.jpeg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these sebagos because I didn't want to spend $350 on a pair of Paraboots that I would have to spend 10 minutes using a seam ripper to rip off the stupid tag. That and I'm a plebe.

61bduakhZ6L._AC_SR700,525_.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a snow peak obsession

I've mentioned that I recently enrolled in an industrial design program focusing on outdoor products, and snow peak is my greatest design inspiration. Their hyperfunctional yet minimalist designs made in Japan are near perfection in my eye. I've used a lot of their lightweight titanium gear for backpacking over the years, and absolutely love it. My recent binge purchase was initiated when I worked at a local outdoor gear retailer during a big sale, and the manager gave me hundreds of dollars in used (once or twice) snow peak gear for helping them out. Browsing Japanese websites revealed the amazing world of Japan-only snow peak releases, which I've spent the past couple weeks collecting. It's probably all too much, but it's all in the name of design inspiration, right? Big thanks to @zenmarket for facilitating several of these purchases.

Titanium ramen cookers, because who doesn't want to cook ramen while they are backpacking? It's a very lightweight food!
https___hypebeast.com_image_2017_04_snow-peak-cup-noodle-tw.jpg

Be@rbrick x snow peak, both 100% and 400%. Yep.
https___hypebeast.com_image_2017_05_snow-peak-medicom-toy-bearbrick-2017-collection-1.jpg

2020 Festival mini Sierra cup (2oz) because the Be@rbricks need something to eat their ramen in.
mini_sierra_cup_festival_fes-166_hero_01_800x.jpg

I had no idea until recently that snow peak Japan offers gifts to loyal customers who earn points. One of the gifts is a bronze tent stake.
s-l400.jpg

snow peak stacking storage containers that flip open while stacked. Brilliant design!
ug-055g-snowpeak-5.jpg

ug-055g-snowpeak-6.jpg

I'm most interested in the footwear collaborations that snow peak has done over the past few years. Many of them seem inspired by the 1980s and 1990s when I was just getting into outdoor gear, so they have a soft spot in my heart. Amazingly, I found all of these in my size at or below retail.

Snow Peak Hita Geta Sandal
20797228_159_D_500.jpg

Snow Peak x Chaco Z Cloud X in both colorways. Chaco rarely makes men's sandals with the double "X" straps.
CH-20SU001_PURPLE_switch3_515Wx515H.jpeg

CH-20SU001_PURPLE_switch2_515Wx515H.jpeg

Snow Peak x Teva Hurricane XLT 2 Alp. Serious '90s feel here.
310MrVEp9gL.jpg

The real gem, the Snow Peak x New Balance TDS PC4 Mid, proxied from Singapore.
Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 8.23.09 AM.png

Last but not least, the Snow Peak x Danner Trail Field Pro Boot.
Danner-x-Snow-Peak-Trail-Field-Pro-Boots-0-Hero.jpg

Does it make me a Hypebeast if I'm unlikely to actually wear any of these?

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Picked up some yellowlabel.co shorts in Red, Navy and Gray, super comfortable and I dig the vintage look. Done buying pants I won't wear in quarantine haha.

Attachments

• 20200814_164316.jpg
    20200814_164316.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 81

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a snow peak obsession
I've mentioned that I recently enrolled in an industrial design program focusing on outdoor products, and snow peak is my greatest design inspiration. Their hyperfunctional yet minimalist designs made in Japan are near perfection in my eye.

I agree. My Snow Peak chopsticks go with me everywhere in the world.
_9454762.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to order those 50 for the house, looks good to store produce like potatoes and such. Would be cool to have a few I’m the yards/garage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads