• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah ok, that bodes well as I must admit I preferred the (admittedly not that different) shade of blue of yours and in those pictures. Though am I right in thinking that they might be all different, to the extent where the shade would vary?

This pic shows the back of the ones I got, which looks slightly different to the photo above (not a complaint, regardless of colour/back pockets, they look cool, Tuesday needs to hurry up)

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Welp....

Maison Martin Margiela Suede Jacket

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was very tempted by that Margiela suede couple of months back but in the end was rather unsure about the large cuffs. I'm sure you'll rock it though!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Was very tempted by that Margiela suede couple of months back but in the end was rather unsure about the large cuffs. I'm sure you'll rock it though!

I'll go for that cowboy/pirate blend, cream white pants, and boots mix thing...:cool:

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah ok, that bodes well as I must admit I preferred the (admittedly not that different) shade of blue of yours and in those pictures. Though am I right in thinking that they might be all different, to the extent where the shade would vary?

This pic shows the back of the ones I got, which looks slightly different to the photo above (not a complaint, regardless of colour/back pockets, they look cool, Tuesday needs to hurry up)

@MaiLam @conceptual 4est what's the sizing like on Niche jeans? size up one (US30 --> sz M)?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

They're made with old vintage Levi's 501s (as in, pre-owned) so they will all be slightly different in color and wear, but they cut them up and sew them back together with swapped out back pockets and different pocket placement, replacement panels of suede, the cotton trim around the ankles, a taper, etc. I'm surprised the store didn't mention any of this as I thought that was the main selling point. (or did they?)

@MaiLam @conceptual 4est what's the sizing like on Niche jeans? size up one (US30 --> sz M)?

Mine are tagged an M and they are the right size for me. I wear a 30 waist typically and they're a bit big in the waist but still the right size overall.

Last edited:

capnMURPHY2021

Reaction score
Think the (brief) summer weather accelerated matters, but finally reached the point where wearing jeans of a more skinny than slim nature had become no longer enjoyable.
So, in an attempt to appease the gods of thighs and crotches respectively, trying out a few (not all that much) looser fitting pieces:

Finally, some Niche jeans (very similar I think to ones spotted recently in WAYWT, but these have another pach over one of the suede details). Also, if anyone is a US 9 or 8, the Niche boots in the photo are on sale at Alpha Shadows, they're quite cool)

Niche re-released their seeds t-shirts?

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Viridi-anne nylon parka
Very impressed with this piece. The quality is great, it has plenty of technical features and the cut is interesting. It's unlined and has zipped underarm vents so I can wear it as a windbreaker on the beach this spring.

Andurew Choi

Reaction score

Hey guys! I recently bought the 3sixteen type 3 black denim jacket. I got it in a size XL, but I'm not sure if I want to size up. I don't know if it'll stretch with wear, or how much it'll shrink after a wash. I'd like to wear it all season. I'll be layering it with hoodies, and wearing it over a simple T shirt. Anyone got any insight on this? Here's a pic

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It honestly looks perfect, if you can close it comfortably and still move your arms with a hoodie layered under I'd definitely say you got the right size

While it probably won't stretch much it will however soften with wear, and I haven't really ever heard of anyone washing their denim jacket so I don't think you need to worry about shrinkage.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8