• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay I went to H Lorenzo today and tried them - I had a bit of room in my gat size (both 44) but I plan on wearing them with heavy socks because It will be winter in Chile when I get there. I imagine that the one sized down from gat size concept will work fine, the leather is real soft.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I wear thick socks as well. If anything I will just wear thinner socks.

You think an insole would work out or not enough room?

Not sure if they came in half sizes then a 41.5 would be good. Didn't want to mis-size again with size.42. Would be too long...

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah I think you will be okay, the only annoying thing is the lacing and unlacing, but that should be no problem once you get used to it.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool beans

Yeah I have not really considered the lacing. Not even sure what it is...I thought there was a zipper!! Bahaha
But I really like the color :eek:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sam, if you are looking for a nice vintage watch, look when you are in Chile. I spent a fair amount of time looking for an older Omega on Ebay, and a lot of them were coming from watch repair shops in S. Am.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool beans
Yeah I have not really considered the lacing. Not even sure what it is...I thought there was a zipper!! Bahaha
But I really like the color :eek:

Lacing should be fine. People cry too much around here about lacing up boots. How many times a day are people taking they boots on and off? 20? Because I put them on early and take them off late, and the additional lace up time is de minimis to me. My closet is half and half lace up and back zip. Both are good.

Del-Toro

Reaction score
Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Finally.

U1AmA.jpg

What is this? Really like the blue/rust color

Edit: Never mind saw that it was Jil, damn this looks nice

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads