Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Yep thanks, will post pics once in my hands. The womens version looks so dope on girls too.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

i like those nikes shore.

bb1 your posts are just so terrible. goddamn. i mean, you buy nice shit, but the way you talk about it so insufferable.

here, let me show you an example:

[pic of shirt]

just got this shirt from wjk. it came all balled up to promote wrinkles, but has settled down a lot once i've worn it a few times. it's really nice - good fit and nice fabric.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

to be honest I don't think I wouldn't read this forum as much as I do if it wasn't for all the interesting (read: weird) personalities on here.

I can't imagine I'm the only one either, and the endless conflicts help too, even though I feel like not much new has been said or done in a while with regards to that. Kind of sick of the same old fights :-/

Like I used to think BB1's post were really annoying but now I picture this like 40 year old with aspergers carefully typing them out and I really get a kick out of it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

To do my part I may start drunk posting again

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

boo hoo, someone is posting in-depth about a piece of clothing on styleforum. heaven forbid. BB1 has a bit of an elitist attitude but his posts are infinitely more interesting than your constant whining about everyone and everything on here.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

teh ironing is insufferable!

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

also if you aren't reading the 'what did you eat last night for dinner' thread you are missing SF's worst poster, mgm.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

"Promote wrinkles". It's like a pro old people statement?

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

Hellz yeah KVC :fistbump:

For real though, I hardly ever pay close to retail for anything to always ensure I can get my money back if I'm trying a new brand/style or unsure of sizing. I'm in FL, central Fl at that, so not the best place to get some decent brands. I'm really nitpicky about shit too......I really underestimate (even now) how something may look REALLY awesome online, but then when you get it the feel/fit of it just isn't what I was expecting and I want to sell it. Sucks, but oh well.

I could give a fuck what anybody thinks about me flipping stuff though lol. It's my money, why should you care? If anything it's a bonus for you guys if I'm your size :lol:

10. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Yeah, well...you're not my size, and I really like the color of that WvG shirt in your signature, so sucks to your ass-mar. :tounge:

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Actually, there was Julius way back in jet's day. It just became popular on styleforum like 9 years later. lol.

KVC's problem isn't that people are telling him he can't resell stuff if it doesn't fit, KVC's problem is that everything fits reasonably okay, as well as it's ever going to, yet he still sells it, and rational people don't understand why. Styleforum OCD idealized fantasy shrink wrapped plaid and chinos fit for the win? Or just pretending to be other people and not realizing you'll never look like them in the same clothes?

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Stop feeding us hard truths and get back to swagging us the fuck out

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

no KVC's problem ish e continues to buy shrink wrapped pants and cuff them up to his knees like a retard

14. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Save Khaki also balls up its clothes to promote wrinkles. Maybe the two brands could unite and start a whole Wrinkle Movement? It would be unstoppable. And I mean that without a hint of ironing.

15. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Ha, just got my lovely black Fjallraven G1000 jacket in the sale from Context. Looks like they are sold out now so that was perfect timing. I'd been looking for a practical but also stylish rainproof jacket for ages, and just never found anything amongst all the endless sea of Gore-tex that I liked. This, however, has a timeless utility feel to it. It is most definitely cool but it also looks like it means business.