• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Nikolo

Reaction score

Bodybuilder brah does 3/8 rom smith machine overhead presses has huge shoulders, did them with him once and they felt **** though, uncomfortable pressing in a straight line.

I assume other sleeping medicine is just like getting drunk where as melatonins a hormone? Modafinal today was good, it's not at all speedy like I assume adderal is. Just no fatigue through the day and everything feels very clear and I can focus a bit better, but it makes bright lights quite painful. Had 1mg of melatonin and 200mg of modafinal.

Got 102.5kg for an easy set of 20 on the squat today, then 3x15 with 110kg on the stiff leg deadlift. Got bitched at for grunting too much. So many new years resolutioners, not many whales, more just dyel brahs. Loving the higher rep work, hamstrings getting juicy.

Dude had what seemed to be big shoulders. But he seemed to have dat internal rotation, which CS hates. Plus he does other exercises for shoulders I'm guessing. He was standing on a dumbbell to do some ****** pull ups (talking barely able to even spit on the bar, let alone touch it).

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some assistance brahs: Having trouble driving with my feet in the pull, but I'm getting a good setup (bar in line with shoulders, sitting back, dropped hips, good back angle). Any tips? I think I just need a different 'cue' than "drive through your feet".

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bunch of marsupial bros around the rack where I squat.

- "During DLs, back shouldn't round" > Proceeds to pull off the floor with hips rising faster than shoulders for 50 kg.

- "C&Js are awesome for that ripped look" > upright rows a 30kg girly mini barbell and rotates his wrists backwards.

The rest of the group went on to follow his form.

The (misinformed) bro science is strong in those.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Doing DeFranco's Agile 8 every morning when I get up. Feels bad man but feeling betterman.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried that once too.. unfortunately, turned out the same.

All the ketchup in the world couldn't save it :\

It was just like lean beef, egg whites, basil, tomato sauce, diced onion and garlic. Shrank a ton and tasted like dry ground beef. Idk if it's even possible.

Ground beef with Lawry's is better anyways.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fb conversation with fat jewish brah who i'm trying to help loose weight. He's decided he wants to base his physique on tom hardy in batman

Jewish brah:
he worked out 5 times a day
got paid millions to do that
had a personal trainer coach him 24/7 basically

me:
theres a limit to how much you can recover
and why wouldnt he use gear

Jewish Brah:
im sure he had tons of protein
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building-muscle/fast/tom-hardys-warrior-workout

Gonna take some of det der whey protein and lift 5 times a day. ***** powerful.

Jew brah:
how much do u think i will weigh at 5% body fat
like insanely ripped

Me:
like 120 or 130

Jew brah:
5'8" and muscular

me
5% isn't even maintainable for more then a few hours

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's really angry at me now. I told him i'm probably low teens bf like 12-15%, he estimated his body fat at 20% and I told him he was closer to 30. I was incredibly insulted. He's 220lb at 5'8" and has never lifted so its all fat.

Told me he thinks he'll be 160-170lb at 10%

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144096501&page=1

sent him this link of someone who is 138lb at 10% and is carrying a fair bit of muscle mass. Genuinely believes he's carrying 22lb more.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
rofl, tom hardy wasn't even very big in batman. Just looked like a guy who lifted and ate whatever he wanted.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dun goofed. Couldn't sleep because of dat der modafinil last night so I stayed up to 4:30 studying accruals. Set an alarm for 10:30 and took some melatonin. Woke up at half 7 and I think I had a dream my alarm clock was going off so before I checked the time I took the modafinil and as a result i am awake as fuk. It's 10:30 now and I can't get back to sleep, am not tired at all, but I know I need sleep for dem gains. Maybe is time to stop with the experimental self medicating,

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hacked up a bunch of grey stuff after this morning's session. perhaps its time to think of alternate gym arrangements.. huffing and puffing in a garage probably isn't doing my lungs any favours.

also, **** bodyweight/calisthenics circuits. those and delt supersets turn me into a ***** every time.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok RHET bros, gonna poll you guys.

Singledom is going well and **** but I want to use my mad cooking skills to drop panties. Made a girl eggs the morning after on Sunday and it felt mad goodman. Need to balance quickness, impressiveness, presentation, sexiness, etc.

You are all good cooks. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads