• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

trafficjam

Reaction score
Per cbusguy's alternatives, I'm a big fan of Saucony shadow 5000s but I imagine that's more of a "marginal sneakerhead who has a child between the ages of 2 and 7" opinion than a "window shops at DSM and blasts cigs outside of Opening Ceremony" opinion.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Road running- Brooks Ravenna
Trail running- Saucony Perrigrine
Backpacking- La Sportiva Bushido
Retro sneaker- Brooks Vanguard
Ran two marathons in different Hokas, but after 16mi or so they just seem to get mushy and drain my energy.

for those who pronate/need stability **

which ones were you wearing? i'd imagine the race day ones are less mushy? I've never ran long enough a distance to justify hokas, but I got the recovery flip flops and they're super comfortable

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@penanceroyaltea these ones?

View attachment 1225493

I like the shape, but I wasn’t fan of the beige or black colors. I would’ve liked a light or dark gray. And I don’t like small details like the vibrant logo or the event tab. Not a big deal though.

I think people should look at different brands outside of the normal ones. There are some interesting Brooks and Saucony shoes. Some of these are vintage. They're also a good alternative to brands like spalwart and similar chunky shoes

View attachment 1225494 View attachment 1225495 View attachment 1225496 View attachment 1225497 View attachment 1225498
The khaki ones

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I wore the Clifton’s for one and Bondi for the other. Heard decent things about the Arahi 3 for stability. I could still see using them for longer runs during training, or recovery, but for me they just seemed to sap my energy later in the race. YMMD Not really into it anymore, but the Adidas Adizero Boston was my fav for race day.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i decided to sell lots of rick and just keep a couple things cuz i cant take this hypebeast crowd that likes this stuff now. I got messaged by a guy called YUNGLORD about my jeans. lol this aesthetic is so bad now. Jack dorsey wears it as his "uniform" now LOL, god, twitter CEO. ****. I joined a group for reselling rick and its a bunch of kids too, and they all spam your post if you don't sell for the price they deemed is "fair" in their hypebeast circles. Why don't they buy retail then...Aside from that some positives since leathers are an all time low in price.

Last edited:

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elon musk wears 5 zip; should we burn them?

2E9F321A-849C-4EEB-AA3D-50EDFF2C7868.jpeg

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah its also cuz I realize I don't like RO anymore. I like the leathers and shoes, but the shirts are stupid and overly long and a pain ********** to always re-adjust your shirt in public like im wearing a skirt. Nah, elon is a cool guy, and does something productive for society. Twitter though? lol....not to mention Jack wears it terrible. His head to toe look just reminds me of how stupid I use to look, and how its not style at all to wear a "uniform" of head to toe of any designer. I found more fun with wearing torn up uniqlo jeans I have with nice designer leathers and a button up. More lazy aesthetic, but certainly feels more true to me than buying off the mannequin feel it has when you wear just one or two designers.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Poshmark has been running a lot of commercials lately trying to get more men on the platform (or get into the stockx/goat market) - I was just imagining a commercial with Lane talking about selling his RO.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. I only wore rick for like two years. I've been wearing engineered garments and uniqlo for the past 8 years. I only started buying fashuns again cuz im bored. Rick is definitely played out though...

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have short legs so the dropcrotch and long tees look ridiculous on me. Rick was at his best with leather jackets and shoes imo. And their prices are good atm as you mentioned.

Lol i had no idea you abandoned Rick for awhile. I want to see your eg fits.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably, but he has some notable jeans and pants. Still love my cropped dropcrotch pants. but I can't find a shirt that isnt rick to pair them with. Cuz you need volume on the top to balance the insane baggyness and length they add to your lower half. otherwise it looks like im walking on stilts.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great article from DWW today. Much enjoyed.

Yeah, good one DWW. I recently went to the mall for back-to-school shopping and was kinda blown away at how much crappy merch there is. Like whole rooms that are ready for the trash truck to haul it off to the dump. It was depressing.

Speaking of paper suits, a couple years ago a few friends went to a Halloween party as NPR shows (nerds!). I was PBS NewsHour. I covered this cheap asos suit I had in the Chronicle and someone found me a FlavorFlav clock.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah its also cuz I realize I don't like RO anymore. I like the leathers and shoes, but the shirts are stupid and overly long and a pain ********** to always re-adjust your shirt in public like im wearing a skirt. Nah, elon is a cool guy, and does something productive for society. Twitter though? lol....not to mention Jack wears it terrible. His head to toe look just reminds me of how stupid I use to look, and how its not style at all to wear a "uniform" of head to toe of any designer. I found more fun with wearing torn up uniqlo jeans I have with nice designer leathers and a button up. More lazy aesthetic, but certainly feels more true to me than buying off the mannequin feel it has when you wear just one or two designers.

Hah. I hear ya. I got back into clothing too because I was just bored. And also my favorite fits are designers mixed with cheap brands.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hokas rule, engineered garments rule, 5 zips are for men who yelled at their moms for xbox live when they were twelve, New Balance is for Trump supporters, Visvim is for The People, DWW is a class traitor, you guys are all idiots with bad taste (come on. this is truth), Lane, what happened, bro? Are you hurt? SLP is garbage, Frank Leder is cool, eggs are great, poached, over easy, scrambled (not french style bullshit, that's baby food, big curds for big boys), your hair is bad (if you have any), Korean food is too salty, Kirby Allison's Hanger Project is the name of a covert CIA coup to topple North Korean dictator to install a puppet government where everyone wears snuff suede, academics are part of the problem, restaurants are too loud and dim and I can't hear a thing, Stella is a Diver and She's Always Down is Interpol's best song, you guys all secretly listen to Mac DeMarco while grilling food even though you're in your late 30s because of some sort of awful misplaced sense of wistful youth that you get from detuned guitars, Aldens are bad, pagoda shoulders are cool, Pizza Hut rules, everyone here but me and like 4 other posters have bad style, Lane, come on, man, really, what's going on, are you happy or are you down?, Lord of the Rings is better than Harry Potter, spending money on expensive cologne is a waste and it makes you a victim of toxic masculinity, no one really needs more than 3 belts, Mafoofan outstyles 90% of you (in both SLP and living life in general), there is no point in doing any fashion in the summer so stop trying to sell me that stupid night time lightweight summer jacket, Patagonia is the only relevant fashion house still operating, and Hiroki is the only good contemporary designer outside of like, maybe Dana Lee.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads