• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello. Been a minute.

A bit unorthodox, but I got laid off beginning of February and it's been brutal looking for jobs out here. I know a good deal of stylefarmers also work in Tech, so it's worth a shot: if your company is looking to hire a product manager please DM me. It is desperately appreciated.

KeeperEUSC

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered / tried on items from Casatlantic's F/W line? I've seen comments re: polo sizing surprising some people from the summer but haven't been able to track down anyone's experience w/ the Agafay or Ben Guerir.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. Been a minute.

A bit unorthodox, but I got laid off beginning of February and it's been brutal looking for jobs out here. I know a good deal of stylefarmers also work in Tech, so it's worth a shot: if your company is looking to hire a product manager please DM me. It is desperately appreciated.

Good luck with your job search!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello. Been a minute.

Sorry brother, it's a bloodbath out there rn for tech roles. Hopefully you can find a good fit soon.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry brother, it's a bloodbath out there rn for tech roles. Hopefully you can find a good fit soon.

Thanks, man.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to Japan in May and after a made to measure leather jacket (at least length and arms). Anyone know some stores/makers to checkout? I'll be in the Tokyo, Kyoto, Kojima, Okayama areas.. Thanks!

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to Japan in May and after a made to measure leather jacket (at least length and arms). Anyone know some stores/makers to checkout? I'll be in the Tokyo, Kyoto, Kojima, Okayama areas.. Thanks!
Don't think most of the larger Japanese brands will do this (Repro brands) but maybe some smaller makers might accommodate.

Off the top of my head though they might do minor adjustments.

Addict leathers (Lewis leather copies)
Canyon leather (A-2 Repro)
Electric leather studios (east west musical instruments styles)

I suppose it'll depend on the styles you're looking for but all the popular brands only really do OTR sizes

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't think most of the larger Japanese brands will do this (Repro brands) but maybe some smaller makers might accommodate.

Off the top of my head though they might do minor adjustments.

Addict leathers (Lewis leather copies)
Canyon leather (A-2 Repro)
Electric leather studios (east west musical instruments styles)

I suppose it'll depend on the styles you're looking for but all the popular brands only really do OTR sizes

Cool, thanks. I'll check those out. I was thinking with Japan sizing I might not need to do MTM as they tend to accomodate my short torso.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it about the marketing strategies and brand value that makes Nike nearly always cool, Adidas neutral to good, and Puma, which has a parallel history to Adidas, range from super hot to the worst thing you could possibly wear? There's got to be a good case study of this somewhere.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it about the marketing strategies and brand value that makes Nike nearly always cool, Adidas neutral to good, and Puma, which has a parallel history to Adidas, range from super hot to the worst thing you could possibly wear? There's got to be a good case study of this somewhere.
Onitsuka Tiger had a brief flash of being the coolest shoes out there in 2023 before they decided to leave the US market.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Onitsuka Tiger had a brief flash of being the coolest shoes out there in 2023 before they decided to leave the US market.
They were also super cool in the early 2000s. But those other brands have give through this pattern several times in the past several decades.

casterofdreams

Reaction score
I think a lot of Nike’s staying power is the use of social media. I’m just spitballing here but many fit pics in that streetwear space involve the same few shoes, including the Air Forces, certain Jordans, and collabs here and there. I don’t think they are using social media that effectively. Just ads here and there. The people doing the fit pics and short form vids are providing some highly effective free advertising. Just like everything else: if you see lots of people wear the same thing, you want to be a part of that crowd too.

Right now, Puma is super hot with their One Piece collab. But when was the last time they were replicated by a hype release?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of Nike’s staying power is the use of social media. I’m just spitballing here but many fit pics in that streetwear space involve the same few shoes, including the Air Forces, certain Jordans, and collabs here and there. I don’t think they are using social media that effectively. Just ads here and there. The people doing the fit pics and short form vids are providing some highly effective free advertising. Just like everything else: if you see lots of people wear the same thing, you want to be a part of that crowd too.

Right now, Puma is super hot with their One Piece collab. But when was the last time they were replicated by a hype release?
Puma had a very strong set of collabs with Miharayasuhiro in the early 00s.! This pattern predates social media or even Web 1.0, so it can’t be just that. This goes back to the days of the original Jordan 1 and Run DMC and before, so it can’t simply be an internet thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads