• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The layout looks busier than before and in ways I'm not sure improves usability.
We mostly killed a lot of white space, and made navigation easier, as well as implemented some changes to B&S. Some weird things in the 1.x version were fixed. But the design is basically the same, as much as we could make it with the software - same designer, same templates adjusted for the new software, etc...

Anyway, lunch and a nap for me. We have a few technical issues to try to figure out tonight.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
MemeLoveTriangle_297886754.jpg

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some feedback:

- Alerts: Can we group notifications by thread? This was an option prior to the upgrade.

- B&S: Can there be an option to have just titles rather than icons? Thinking of something similar to the rest of the forums. Lots of threads with no pictures, and the boxes cut off a lot of the thread title.

- General: Website seems much brighter (could just be me on a different computer). SF is not exactly the same as other websites/applications that do this, but perhaps look at dark mode?

Overall, handling the sites seem better and more responsive(?). Could just be an old crabby guy, resistant to change, but not loving the new look/usability. Know that immediate feedback isn't always super helpful, but figured I'd leave some and circle back later once I've spend some more time on the site.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I go to the Unwatched Threads page, I use do be able to just see the unread unwatched, that seems to be gone. Also, the bold font for the unread unwatched threads is barely distinguishable from the normal font of the read threads.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, despite my constant attempts to disable all email notifications, I manage to start getting them again after you do an upgrade, and often at random times in between upgrades, too.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
when you click "insert media" for posts, it looks like only apple music and giphy are approved. feels like youtube should be added to the list.

I also liked the old system where posting an IG link gave you the full IG post, not just a preview box that you have to click. FWIW, I assume doing so helps traffic retention.

Last edited:

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uno mas, for B&S - if we have to make it thumbnail, change it so its 21 (7 x 3) as opposed to 20 (6 x 3, and 1 x 2).

I think SF doesn't make any money on B&S (other than the features), but I find myself using it less and less. Without the filters that Grailed/eBay has, having the thumbnail doesn't add much too SF.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uno mas, for B&S - if we have to make it thumbnail, change it so its 21 (7 x 3) as opposed to 20 (6 x 3, and 1 x 2).

I think SF doesn't make any money on B&S (other than the features), but I find myself using it less and less. Without the filters that Grailed/eBay has, having the thumbnail doesn't add much too SF.
Er... we have filters now. You choose a category, and then you will be able to filter by keyword and size. They are not completely filled out yet - it's not something that could be done prior to the migration - and it's probably actually 30 full hours of work, but they will be in the next few days. Right now, we did footwear, just to test, but we'll be doing all the other categories soon. I want to get the display and flow both a little better, but they'll be there, And you can also sort by price, newest or oldest listing, etc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads