• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think people just realized it stands out like a sore thumb, and they aren't rich enough or they don't love the style enough to not care what other people think when they wear full Rick/goth-ninja all the time.

Im interested in scraping SZ's numbers and posts over last few years normalized using SF's numbers/posts to see how the style/general avant garde is doing, but I am way too lazy.

@baltimoron do it

i'm waiting for the sf and sz api's

Landau

Reaction score

APIs are for scrubs. Build your own scraper, cache the results and create an API for other data science projects. Maybe run a ML project on it and monentize an advanced AI based dressing system.

Or just do the rational thing and confidently assert made up statistics. No one will check.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is anyone really wearing goth ninja in a corporate setting though? Like full time?

Rick Owens at Owenscorp

IMG_4215.jpg

combover2.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Landau I think the second method is what apple news uses for its suggested topics algorithm. It has recently gone on a streak of suggesting to me: cosmetics, the golden globes (at least that’s topical), Star Wars, cats.

That’s some incisive data mining from an app that I actually do use multiple times a day.

Is the magic that if you scale stupid up enough it eventually looks smart?

Landau

Reaction score
@Landau I think the second method is what apple news uses for its suggested topics algorithm. It has recently gone on a streak of suggesting to me: cosmetics, the golden globes (at least that’s topical), Star Wars, cats.

That’s some incisive data mining from an app that I actually do use multiple times a day.

Is the magic that if you scale stupid up enough it eventually looks smart?

Machine learning a la deep learning is a lot like having an intelligent adult with literally no social context at all try to draw relationships between things it doesn't really understand. You get a lot of weird results based on cohort in-group outgroup, and it's hard to explain why because the underlying maths is just about extracting information without considering what that information is on a basic level.

So yeah, basically it's like a dude with access to your and everyone else's app data throwing **** against a wall until something sticks. Welcome to the AI age.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's definitely a few people I've seen at work wearing full Rick on multiple occasions. That's only a few out of an army, but it blew my mind too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will happen. Or rather, to the best of my understanding, there will be an api for Xenforo. We still need to get to Xenforo 2.0 though

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's definitely a few people I've seen at work wearing full Rick on multiple occasions. That's only a few out of an army, but it blew my mind too.

I’ve seen full rick a few times in the wild, and I thought they looked pretty cool, tho they did out place. Much better than full Thom Browne fits I’ve seen; they just end up looking like Thom Browne SA.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
So glad my clothes don't have an expiration date.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve also seen a full CCP fit in the wild once with the drip sneakers a few years back. That looked pretty stupid.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How about when people were gobbling up red tornadoes :lol:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
the anti-hypebeast hypebeasts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads