• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love the south of France. A good friend of mine lived in a little village called Aups that's about 40 minutes away from Cannes by car, and we stayed there for ten days, driving around to visit the nearby villages and see the countryside. It's beautiful country with walled medieval villages tucked into the hills. There's amazing food, great local wine and olive oil. I much preferred the vibe of those little villages to the beach towns.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@NickPollica

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 3.15.58 PM.png

6359460003592948791065662785_original.gif

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was talking to Long dissertation Content Derek not meme Derek

I have no idea what's Vietnamese workwear, tbh. The only traditional piece of Vietnamese clothing I know are those long tunics/ "dresses" for men. Every thing else seems like Western clothing, so maybe it's a version of a worker's overshirt or French chore coat.

I'll prob buy it if it says Vietnamese workwear though.

BTW, I found this fragrance that I swear smells just like pho.

https://carlenparfums.com/products/butch-femme

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a closet purge. Lots of Schneider about to show up on grailed/eBay in fat boi sizes. I just own too much **** and it's getting in the way of enjoying it.

We’ve been telling you this for years

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been finding myself less and less active on forums/fashion subs on reddit. Not sure if this is just age or being super busy with 2 kids. But, i do find myself still get into a mode of being obsessed with an item and doing the most amount of research on it, its a mild addiction to the hunt i guess and after all of the hunting/research i just drop the want for the item. Most recently said item was a Rolex Sub (black bezel w/date). Got pics, tried it on in person, shopped around via watch forums and got price quotes from a watch seller acquaintance of mine. Then again i snapped out of it and decided not to purchase. Its not even a cash thing to me, i was ready to go w/this purchase for over a year now (2nd time i went on a hunt for a rolex). I just came to terms that i don't wear watches and having a 10k item laying around just doesn't make sense to me. But, i do love a good watch. I guess i just realize a $500 watch may get treated the same as a 10k watch which i'd come to work with and just take it off because for some reason when i type i don't like the weight. oh well, one day i guess.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I've been finding myself less and less active on forums/fashion subs on reddit. Not sure if this is just age or being super busy with 2 kids. But, i do find myself still get into a mode of being obsessed with an item and doing the most amount of research on it, its a mild addiction to the hunt i guess and after all of the hunting/research i just drop the want for the item. Most recently said item was a Rolex Sub (black bezel w/date). Got pics, tried it on in person, shopped around via watch forums and got price quotes from a watch seller acquaintance of mine. Then again i snapped out of it and decided not to purchase. Its not even a cash thing to me, i was ready to go w/this purchase for over a year now (2nd time i went on a hunt for a rolex). I just came to terms that i don't wear watches and having a 10k item laying around just doesn't make sense to me. But, i do love a good watch. I guess i just realize a $500 watch may get treated the same as a 10k watch which i'd come to work with and just take it off because for some reason when i type i don't like the weight. oh well, one day i guess.

I don’t even like watches but I’ve always wanted a simple Cartier Tank Louis in yellow gold

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t even like watches but I’ve always wanted a simple Cartier Tank Louis in yellow gold

I for some reason had a feeling you’d get me on this. Tanks are nice. I just for myself don’t see a scenario besides some nice occasions of going out to wear a nice watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics