• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

blacklight

Reaction score
I'm think we're agreeing here and it's possible I'm just not making my point effectively.

No one is going to kill you for saying flattering. This is fact. But the politics of the present moment dictate that as a younger dude who is probably dating some of these women, I am not making too many comments on women's appearance unless I'm asked for an opinion. Which I feel like is the sane thing to be doing. I just felt that the article needs to get into that quicker.

Whatever the case, it's an interesting thing to be thinking about.

In other news, was just in A.P.C. yesterday and the quality of what I was seeing on some of the racks was H&M level. I wonder what's going on there.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gen Z is a bunch of sissies who get offended by anything and everything. Social media is toxic, it doesn't matter your intentions someone will find a way to criticize anything. People have posted photos of their body transformations after years of dieting and time spent in the gym and people will criticize them for being insensitive for the people who "tried everything" and can't lose weight.

Chrissy Teigen made a post on how she is a ditz who always loses her Apple headphones and people criticize her for being insensitive and rich and talk about how they can't even afford one.

A lot of people would rather ***** and whine about things than put in the hard work to get what they want or reach their goal.
Now you are sounding like a grumpy Gen Xer.

blacklight

Reaction score
Whoa whoa, this is the internet. You can't be willing to actually listen or apologize, smh.

The only acceptable way to respond is to start your next post with "Well, actually ________" or "clearly you didn't read what I wrote."

We’re conducting the flame war via DM. #menwithclass

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Is it sad that my closet keeps me in shape more than my fragile self image? ?

“Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead”

-Rick Owens

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Wow Moda Operandi (Like TF) has some great presentation, haven’t been this impressed since my first Matches purchase with the huge marble magnetic box. They threw in some Margiela hangers as well. Their lavender color scheme is unique to say the least

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead”

-Rick Owens

merlin_175231491_db0fc4ab-e14f-4ab0-ad03-a246be5dfd28-superJumbo.jpg

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

This is exactly how I see Rick dropping some sets even before the rona. I thought Rick had some great pieces back in my early SF days but everything was either black or dark gray. I remember almost pulling the trigger on a white suede jacket though

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Atelier Savas, a bespoke leather jacket company based in Nashville, just came out with some back zips. The photos on their website look a bit funky, but I think the shape is an effect of the boots having been soaked to create that weathered look. Kind of like the "flat" shape on Guidis. I assume the boots fill out nicely once you put them on.

Price is a bit expensive at $825 or so, but they're a cool brand and I dig their aesthetic. Sort of country-rock, vintage-inspired fits.

The link to the website isn't coming previewing correctly, so here it is as a hyperlink.

117333894_300543851056569_2950695568576189842_n.jpg

117522443_224531458859583_892898238378510911_n.jpg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah I like that a lot actually, I have enough shoes, but I’ll keep an eye on this. I like guidi, but could never pull the trigger due to the grimdark vibes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads