• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

    Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

    Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: BB Corporate Discount taking 28% to 38% off online suits/jackets YMMV

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
68
I think I realized what's going on:

The 15% discount is stacking with the "2 for $XXX" price even if you order a single item. For example, the Fitzgerald Blazer is 2 for $800. Using the 15% card makes a single blazer 85% x $400 = $340.

I don't think it used to stack like this so I wonder when they changed it and if the change is permanent.
 

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
15
Would you guys say this is pretty much the best solid navy blazer at this price point?

I recently bought a Hickey blazer off Gilt, but might return it and get this instead. I've been trying to holdout for a RLBL, but the prices on their blazers are insane.
 

btinl

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by sportin_life
Would you guys say this is pretty much the best solid navy blazer at this price point?

I recently bought a Hickey blazer off Gilt, but might return it and get this instead. I've been trying to holdout for a RLBL, but the prices on their blazers are insane.


It's decent for the price. I'd prefer the BB blazer to the hickey.
 

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
68
Originally Posted by sportin_life
Would you guys say this is pretty much the best solid navy blazer at this price point?

I recently bought a Hickey blazer off Gilt, but might return it and get this instead. I've been trying to holdout for a RLBL, but the prices on their blazers are insane.


$340 (before taxes and s&h) for a Southwick fully canvassed blazer seems like a great deal. FYI it's partially lined.
 

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
15
Sounds good, going to purchase one. I was hesitant b/c there are some negative reviews of the blazer on the BB website.

Fit on Fitzgerald seems decent, from the suits I have tried. Hopefully the blazer is the same.
 

Tano

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
269
Reaction score
10
I cannot select a state/country upon checkout (online) when using my temporary corp membership. How do i bypass this?
 

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
68
I'm not sure what your problem is. It auto fills in the shipping and billing addresses when I put in my corporate membership. Have you tried making an account for the BB website and checking out while logged in?
 

ak622

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
try clearing your cookies and doing it again. I had the same issue when I first did it but after shutting down the browser and going back in, it worked the second time.
 

Tano

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
269
Reaction score
10
Originally Posted by ak622
try clearing your cookies and doing it again. I had the same issue when I first did it but after shutting down the browser and going back in, it worked the second time.


Done, 15% of my tux stuff. Still not enough to negate my shipping fees to Oz . lol
 

ak622

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Nice! Shipping to Oz must be $$$. I hope you got a whole bunch of stuff to make the shipping worthwhile.

Originally Posted by Tano
Done, 15% of my tux stuff. Still not enough to negate my shipping fees to Oz . lol
 

Mudhiker

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
369
Reaction score
7
The BB website is bonkers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Safari on a mac is pretty much a nogo. Firefox works okay for me... if the site is working.

And then there is their shopping cart system. Today, found The One True Suit I've Always Wanted and is In My Size in the clearance section. Added it to my cart, click click click, etc. Wanted to think about the purchase for a few minutes. Closed browser. Three minutes later, went back to site. TOTSIAWAIIMS still in shopping cart but now shows RED with quantity ZERO. Remove from shopping cart and sigh heavily. Console self by browsing B & S. Make several purchases. Check back on BB website several times and TOTSIAWAIIMS is still out of stock. Eat dinner and drink some beers. Check just one more time. TOTSIAWAIIMS magically reappears as in-stock. Click Click Click. Now it is mine.

BB seriously needs to upgrade their infrastructure. This whole internet commerce thing has been pretty much figured out. If they want to market themselves as a world class clothing company they need to be world class with the selling stuff bit. Or they need to get bought by Sears.
 

mrbrioni

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
693
Reaction score
25
Only posting 15% off discounts for suits, sportcoats, etc for me
eh.gif
 

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
68
Originally Posted by Mudhiker
The BB website is bonkers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Safari on a mac is pretty much a nogo. Firefox works okay for me... if the site is working.

And then there is their shopping cart system. Today, found The One True Suit I've Always Wanted and is In My Size in the clearance section. Added it to my cart, click click click, etc. Wanted to think about the purchase for a few minutes. Closed browser. Three minutes later, went back to site. TOTSIAWAIIMS still in shopping cart but now shows RED with quantity ZERO. Remove from shopping cart and sigh heavily. Console self by browsing B & S. Make several purchases. Check back on BB website several times and TOTSIAWAIIMS is still out of stock. Eat dinner and drink some beers. Check just one more time. TOTSIAWAIIMS magically reappears as in-stock. Click Click Click. Now it is mine.

BB seriously needs to upgrade their infrastructure. This whole internet commerce thing has been pretty much figured out. If they want to market themselves as a world class clothing company they need to be world class with the selling stuff bit. Or they need to get bought by Sears.


What did you get?
 

Mudhiker

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
369
Reaction score
7
Originally Posted by Liquidus
What did you get?

I know I risk the wrath of SF for having peculiar tastes, but I am totally stoked about the Madison Donegal 1818. It's brown. It's tweed. The fabric is from the UK and it's sewn together in Italy, in a classic American style. I can't wait.
smile.gif
 

nohio

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
9
Just worked for me using the Border's corporate discount card on the Fitz blazer.
 

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

  • Definitely full canvas only

    Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

    Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

    Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

    Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

    Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
506,470
Messages
10,589,618
Members
224,248
Latest member
eol
Top