1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

PSA: BB Corporate Discount taking 28% to 38% off online suits/jackets YMMV

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Liquidus, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Tano

Tano Well-Known Member

I cannot select a state/country upon checkout (online) when using my temporary corp membership. How do i bypass this?

2. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what your problem is. It auto fills in the shipping and billing addresses when I put in my corporate membership. Have you tried making an account for the BB website and checking out while logged in?

3. ak622

ak622 Member

try clearing your cookies and doing it again. I had the same issue when I first did it but after shutting down the browser and going back in, it worked the second time.

4. Tano

Tano Well-Known Member

try clearing your cookies and doing it again. I had the same issue when I first did it but after shutting down the browser and going back in, it worked the second time.

Done, 15% of my tux stuff. Still not enough to negate my shipping fees to Oz . lol

5. ak622

ak622 Member

Nice! Shipping to Oz must be $$$. I hope you got a whole bunch of stuff to make the shipping worthwhile.

Done, 15% of my tux stuff. Still not enough to negate my shipping fees to Oz . lol

6. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Well-Known Member

The BB website is bonkers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Safari on a mac is pretty much a nogo. Firefox works okay for me... if the site is working.

And then there is their shopping cart system. Today, found The One True Suit I've Always Wanted and is In My Size in the clearance section. Added it to my cart, click click click, etc. Wanted to think about the purchase for a few minutes. Closed browser. Three minutes later, went back to site. TOTSIAWAIIMS still in shopping cart but now shows RED with quantity ZERO. Remove from shopping cart and sigh heavily. Console self by browsing B & S. Make several purchases. Check back on BB website several times and TOTSIAWAIIMS is still out of stock. Eat dinner and drink some beers. Check just one more time. TOTSIAWAIIMS magically reappears as in-stock. Click Click Click. Now it is mine.

BB seriously needs to upgrade their infrastructure. This whole internet commerce thing has been pretty much figured out. If they want to market themselves as a world class clothing company they need to be world class with the selling stuff bit. Or they need to get bought by Sears.

7. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

Only posting 15% off discounts for suits, sportcoats, etc for me[​IMG]

8. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

The BB website is bonkers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Safari on a mac is pretty much a nogo. Firefox works okay for me... if the site is working.

And then there is their shopping cart system. Today, found The One True Suit I've Always Wanted and is In My Size in the clearance section. Added it to my cart, click click click, etc. Wanted to think about the purchase for a few minutes. Closed browser. Three minutes later, went back to site. TOTSIAWAIIMS still in shopping cart but now shows RED with quantity ZERO. Remove from shopping cart and sigh heavily. Console self by browsing B & S. Make several purchases. Check back on BB website several times and TOTSIAWAIIMS is still out of stock. Eat dinner and drink some beers. Check just one more time. TOTSIAWAIIMS magically reappears as in-stock. Click Click Click. Now it is mine.

BB seriously needs to upgrade their infrastructure. This whole internet commerce thing has been pretty much figured out. If they want to market themselves as a world class clothing company they need to be world class with the selling stuff bit. Or they need to get bought by Sears.

What did you get?

9. Mudhiker

What did you get?

I know I risk the wrath of SF for having peculiar tastes, but I am totally stoked about the Madison Donegal 1818. It's brown. It's tweed. The fabric is from the UK and it's sewn together in Italy, in a classic American style. I can't wait. [​IMG]

10. nohio

nohio Well-Known Member

Just worked for me using the Border's corporate discount card on the Fitz blazer.

11. forex

forex Well-Known Member

I haven't tried to use the corporate code and just went to give it a try, BB website isn't working at all[​IMG]

12. Achilles_

Achilles_ Well-Known Member

I know I risk the wrath of SF for having peculiar tastes, but I am totally stoked about the Madison Donegal 1818. It's brown. It's tweed. The fabric is from the UK and it's sewn together in Italy, in a classic American style. I can't wait. [​IMG]

That is a great suit! I don't think anyone of SF would knock you for wearing it/buying it! It would be perfect for winter [​IMG]

13. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Now it is mine.

I hope you get it, but I wouldn't count on it until it actually ships.

14. Mudhiker

I hope you get it, but I wouldn't count on it until it actually ships.

Got a Fedex tracking number. Fingers crossed!

15. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Well-Known Member

Great combo IMO. Enjoy.