• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

star656

Reaction score
- wash in cold water and hang dry. You'll get near zero shrinkage.

- If you're talking about tiny cuff measurements that make a huge difference to you, just move the button.

Yes, my next option is to move the button, but my concern is why has the sizing of cuffs (and to a lesser extent) collar been increased so much on my recent order? Is there a dramatic increase in recent shrinkage adjustments?

Comparing these newer shirts to similar fabrics ordered before, I am looking at a 0.25" increase in cuff measurement for no reason? Trying to figure out why this happened. Should I be expecting to move buttons for all future orders?

Do I need to adjust my measurements after they have worked well for years?

On a side note, I am reading about turning off auto-adjust shrinkage in options. However, I read here that only turns off 'specialty' adjustments, eg. linen extra shrinkage, etc. and the 'normal' adjustments are still applied.

star656

Reaction score
You know how some cleaners will flatten the cuff and create the intense crease on the cuff itself (just like the rest of the sleeve? I don't prefer that obviously; I doubt most do, but it is common at certain cleaners.

I had ordered some less packaging shirts and the sleeve was pressed very flat creating that same kind of cuff crease. Then I went back to normal packaging and they still come with a pretty intense crease. Not the end of the world of course, but even with some serious ironing its hard to get that crease out.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Do I need to adjust my measurements after they have worked well for years?

Maybe. What difference does it make if you can dial in the fit? I'm just going to give slightly shorter cuff and collar measurements and end up with exactly what I want.

I will be adjusting my measurements.....and the world will keep on turning. In the end, it's just a shirt.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Is this a tweed? Is it not unlike a tweed? Why doesn’t Proper Cloth have any tweeds?

Just got the forest glen plaid flannel sport coat and it is 🧑‍🍳 💋.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Just got the forest glen plaid flannel sport coat and it is 🧑‍🍳 💋.

Oh man.....some of those sportcoat fabrics look outstanding.

I don't know whether to be happy about my new job, or sad that the new office has a more or less 'anythign goes' dress code. People wear sweatpants and the like to work.

THere's absolutely no way I could justify buying yet another sportcoat.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
My order suddenly showed today. Even with the nice packaging the suit is a wrinkled mess. I need to fix and then will do some fit pics. I think it’s close, but the shape/cut is too hour-glassy. Why can’t anyone taper from the shoulders to the waist consistently?
Define "anyone"? Note that if you're having consistent problems between vendors it might be an error in your measurement.

NadalRG

Reaction score
Hello, I just received a couple of long sleeve dress shirts from PC and I am having a problem with the sleeves pulling on the upper back when I bend the elbow and raise my hand as if I'm taking a sip.

The pull happens specifically at the elbow as I bend and raise my arm and subsequently it stretches the fabric on my upper back region. I think the sleeve length is fine when my arms are down in a neutral position, however the pull is incredibly annoying and I think I need to send them back and adjust something, which is my question, do I need to increase the yoke width?

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Hello, I just received a couple of long sleeve dress shirts from PC and I am having a problem with the sleeves pulling on the upper back when I bend the elbow and raise my hand as if I'm taking a sip.

The pull happens specifically at the elbow as I bend and raise my arm and subsequently it stretches the fabric on my upper back region. I think the sleeve length is fine when my arms are down in a neutral position, however the pull is incredibly annoying and I think I need to send them back and adjust something, which is my question, do I need to increase the yoke width?
I think you're correct in that this is likely due to a yoke issue. I also add pleats to all of my shirts, which seems to help some.

Does the chest and upper arm feel tight at all?

NadalRG

Reaction score
I think you're correct in that this is likely due to a yoke issue. I also add pleats to all of my shirts, which seems to help some.

Does the chest and upper arm feel tight at all?
Hi and thanks for the reply!

No, the chest and upper arm does not feel tight at all, this issue I'm having is a first for me. Like I said, basically the elbow catches on the fabric and starts pulling as I bend the arm and raise my hand towards my face and the pull is felt initially at the elbow and subsequently at the yoke/ upper back.

I just found the "Add rear pleats" section, will simply adding the pleats fix this issue or should I add half an inch to the yoke?

Thanks again!

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the reply!

No, the chest and upper arm does not feel tight at all, this issue I'm having is a first for me. Like I said, basically the elbow catches on the fabric and starts pulling as I bend the arm and raise my hand towards my face and the pull is felt initially at the elbow and subsequently at the yoke/ upper back.

I just found the "Add rear pleats" section, will simply adding the pleats fix this issue or should I add half an inch to the yoke?

Thanks again!

Do the cuffs feel okay and the sleeve length is good?

If those feel good, I would both add pleats and add to the yoke, definitely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads