• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Meant to order some of the limited release denim. Forgot they ended at a weird time and couldn’t get an order in. Any idea when they’ll do another run?

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Ever since PC has changed the shirt body length algorithm, I've had an impossible time getting fits right. I care about hem length, especially in the front, because 90% of the time I wear the shirts untucked. I can no longer get the hem lengths accurate. Often they're off by over an inch. Which seems crazy for a company that's now advertising 0.1" precision.

I understand what PC says about the new sizing; I see the measurements in the form; I've confirmed with 3 different people (including Seph) that they don't compensate for shrinkage in the length—which is also crazy, but that's another topic.

Every shirt I've ordered since the change has been longer than I requested in the front, with the exception of one square-hemmed short-sleeve shirt. I'd compensate, except the differences are all over the map, ranging from 1/4" to 1-1/2".

I'm no loner comfortable ordering a shirt. I have 20 PC shirts, and felt very much in control of the process, and now it just feels like gambling. I have a $100 credit with company, thanks to buying so many shirts, and I don't feel comfortable cashing in, because I have no idea what I'm going to get. No one I've written to at the company has indicated that they have any idea what I'm talking about.

@Seph, please help. I want to keep giving you my business but I'm stuck. The last shirt I ordered is a total loss and I don't wish to repeat.

Maybe this obvious statement is obvious, but have you considered a return? I'm 30+ shirts in myself and sent in my first return a few weeks back and it was pretty seamless (ha!).

paulraphael

Reaction score
Maybe this obvious statement is obvious, but have you considered a return? I'm 30+ shirts in myself and sent in my first return a few weeks back and it was pretty seamless (ha!).

Yeah, I'm returning the shirt. The problem is future shirts. I don't want to keep gambling. I'd like to get to the bottom of this, but have not gotten any helpful responses from anyone at PC.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Seph out of curiosity, do the Baird linens not have the same shrinkage allowances for all fabrics?

As well, has anybody gone from "Very Sloping Shoulders" to "Very Very Sloping Shoulders?"

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on my baird shirt from last spring, and it kinda sucks.

It's pretty scratchy, not that breathable or cool wearing.

Does anyone have a different set of measurements they use for linen shirts? My current shirts are fairly slim overall.

paulraphael

Reaction score
Tried on my baird shirt from last spring, and it kinda sucks.

It's pretty scratchy, not that breathable or cool wearing.

Does anyone have a different set of measurements they use for linen shirts? My current shirts are fairly slim overall.

I find all the linens are different, and PC's shrinkage allowances are kind of like educated guesses. They've had washed linens (like from Thomas Mason) that don't shrink at all. In the case of my Baird shirt, the shrinkage allowance seemed to be about right, because the shirt fits well. I added about half a percent to the length (where they don't compensate) and this worked well ... although it's before they changed their length calculations. I have a harder time getting it right now.

My Baird shirt feels good after just a couple of washes. Definitely a more rustic textured linen, but I like it.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find all the linens are different, and PC's shrinkage allowances are kind of like educated guesses. They've had washed linens (like from Thomas Mason) that don't shrink at all. In the case of my Baird shirt, the shrinkage allowance seemed to be about right, because the shirt fits well. I added about half a percent to the length (where they don't compensate) and this worked well ... although it's before they changed their length calculations. I have a harder time getting it right now.

My Baird shirt feels good after just a couple of washes. Definitely a more rustic textured linen, but I like it.
When did the length calculations change? I should clarify, I ordered last fall, not spring.

Hopefully this shirt will soften up over time, I read linen often starts off starchy and scratchy and continues to soften.

Maybe I need to try these Mason linens.

paulraphael

Reaction score
When did the length calculations change? I should clarify, I ordered last fall, not spring.

Hopefully this shirt will soften up over time, I read linen often starts off starchy and scratchy and continues to soften.

Maybe I need to try these Mason linens.

They changed the math sometime in the last year to accommodate the straight hem option. You'll now see a different measurement for the front and back lengths (the front is generated automatically). It may be coincidence, but I've had a very hard time getting lengths right since this change. I'm not ordering any more shirts until I can get to the bottom of it.

The Mason linen I have is a specific one that's discontinued. I don't have any experience with the current offerings.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
This seems to be the biggest problem for long-term customers. We get our size dialed in and then PC changes something and we have no notice until we get our next order and something is off. The customer service people will offer a remake but don't ever answer the question as to "what changed?" and possibly they don't themselves know.

I've had this a couple times where I ask a specific question, share pictures of shirts that came out different with the same measurement, and they can't do anything other than say "try 1/2" larger on all future orders." Sorry, but did something change? This answer could be as simple as "yes we changed factories and the new one has a slightly different way of measuring this value" or "yes, we changed the way we calculate this measurement." Or if it's not an across-the-board change, then it would be helpful to know if something was adjusted for one particular fabric or type of fabric (like linen, for instance). Then we know it's a one-off and won't change anything for future orders.

It's great that customer service is accommodating but I would almost rather they be knowledgeable. I appreciate that we usually get better answers here, so at least we have somewhat of a workaround this way.

paulraphael

Reaction score
It's great that customer service is accommodating but I would almost rather they be knowledgeable. I appreciate that we usually get better answers here, so at least we have somewhat of a workaround this way.

100%.

I'm struggling with what to do right now, because all the friendly customer service people are just repeating the same boilerplate to me.

I love my PC shirts, but am seriously considering taking my business to someone like Carl Goldberg at CEGO, and just swallowing the price increase and multi-shirt minimum.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This seems to be the biggest problem for long-term customers. We get our size dialed in and then PC changes something and we have no notice until we get our next order and something is off. The customer service people will offer a remake but don't ever answer the question as to "what changed?" and possibly they don't themselves know.

I've had this a couple times where I ask a specific question, share pictures of shirts that came out different with the same measurement, and they can't do anything other than say "try 1/2" larger on all future orders." Sorry, but did something change? This answer could be as simple as "yes we changed factories and the new one has a slightly different way of measuring this value" or "yes, we changed the way we calculate this measurement." Or if it's not an across-the-board change, then it would be helpful to know if something was adjusted for one particular fabric or type of fabric (like linen, for instance). Then we know it's a one-off and won't change anything for future orders.

This x 1000. I just sent two shirts back & while it's nice that they're willing to remake them, my confidence that i will get the shirt I actually ordered has gone way down.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No multi-shirt minimum with Carl ;)
Swallow the dough, save the headaches and buy American. Support these businesses that took a hit during pandemic.
Carl has a ton of fabrics and what he doesn't have he can usually get. Go see him.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was an early PC customer by the way. It was just Seph and an assistant running the show out of a co-working space on 12th St. Seph and everyone I've ever dealt with at PC are great but I never got the fit I wanted ?‍♂️.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads