• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mclmm

Reaction score
For those that wish to provide feedback, here are some pictures of the shirt from my first order.

The areas that are always problematic for me are the chest, shoulders, yoke, and waist. Generally, if one area fits, then the others do not. I tried to account for these areas in the order, but seem to have still missed the mark. The chest is tight, the shoulders are pulling across the upper chest, the yoke perhaps a bit too wide, and the waist could use some trimming.

My preferred fit would definitely err on the side of tailored/trim without areas that bind. However, as you can see in the pictures, some adjustments are required in order to meet that objective.

Shirt details: Hudson Blue Wrinkle-Resistant Twill PCF1185, President Spread Collar, One Button Barrel Cuff, tailored shoulder/armpit.In these images the shirt has been washed and hung dry three times.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

mattg1027

Reaction score
Any word on when those Charcoal Cortina Vests will be back in stock? I was wavering back and forth about whether or not I wanted it and it sold out (so of course now I want it).

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those that wish to provide feedback, here are some pictures of the shirt from my first order.

No way to tell unless collar is buttoned. Otherwise things will look loose that aren't really/things will be pulling in strange areas.

Last edited:

mclmm

Reaction score
No way to tell unless collar is buttoned. Otherwise things will look loose that aren't really/things will be pulling in strange areas.

For what it's worth, I neither wear ties, nor wear my shirts with the collar buttoned. Does that change anything?

@ccallis Can your offer any guidance on the fit?

mclmm

Reaction score

Ok, here are a couple more pictures as requested. Does that help?

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could anyone provide insight as to the ideal collar for a tuxedo shirt?

As I love the collar, the Milano II would be my preferred choice, if at all feasible, followed likely by either the Roma Cutaway and Spread...

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ok, here are a couple more pictures as requested. Does that help?

So main problem seems to be the shoulder/upper arm bunching?

Idk what can be done about sleeves, they will always have some bunching due to the sloping. Chest and back actually look really clean.

You could add darts to remove excess lower back fabric.maybeshorten sleeves a tad?

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox a tux, shouldn't you be doing the winged?
I think so? I thought that may just be a hard and fixed rule for white tie, though I could certainly be mistaken there.

Either way, I think I'd much rather eschew proper rules and go with a turn down collar, rather than the wing...something about it (perhaps it's the stupid, stumpy weightlifting neck lol) just does not appeal to me.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think so? I thought that may just be a hard and fixed rule for white tie, though I could certainly be mistaken there.

Either way, I think I'd much rather eschew proper rules and go with a turn down collar, rather than the wing...something about it (perhaps it's the stupid, stumpy weightlifting neck lol) just does not appeal to me.

Roma spread then probably

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any word on when those Charcoal Cortina Vests will be back in stock?  I was wavering back and forth about whether or not I wanted it and it sold out (so of course now I want it).

Dunno, but I grabbed one (brown) and I'm pretty happy with it. Not over-designed, cut is decent and I don't mind poly fill for a sub $300 vest.

p0rkbelly

Reaction score
These Beacon Flannels are some of my all time favorite fabrics. So soft! I have Navy and Sage, think I'm going to get an additional two....

Everyone seems to like the Light Blue Chambray as well? I was thinking Slate Blue, but, might have to look into the light blue...

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox a tux, shouldn't you be doing the winged?

No. Shirts with an attached wing collar never look right. Wing collars are starched so as to be almost rigid, which, amongst other things, allows the collar to not collapse under the tie. An attached collar shirt couldn't be starched like that (I think it would be unwearable).

Go with a modest spread collar. I recommend the President Spread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads