• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 86, Day 2

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As you might expect, Day 2 actually occurred the day after Day 1. It has just taken me until now to write about it.

I woke up to a text message from Jasper telling me he thinks the Wooster/Lardini press conference we're supposed to go to is in the central pavilion. It's not. Here is our exchange:

Jasper: The thing is on the "terrazzo". Think that's the top floor of the central pavilion?

Me: Nah it's on Via Faenza, number 111. Before you get inside Pitti.

Jasper: Okay. Uh, where is that

Me: Umm...it's on Via Faenza.

Jasper: Gettin real tired of ur ****, David.

When I got to the terrazzo, he was there waiting for me. I asked him how he found the place. "I Googled it," he says. As if he had pulled out a sextant in his hotel room and performed 3 pages of calculations.

The Lardini people were weirdly nervous at the press conference. I think all three members of the family opened their statements by saying how nervous they were to be speaking in front of such a distinguished audience of bloggerazzi and Wooster sycophants. Then Wooster took the stage and rattled off a sentence he's memorized in Italian, which goes over well with the crowd. He's definitely not nervous.

Jasper and I decided that this event has given us the inspiration we needed to do our annual Wall Photo Shoot. On our way to the wall, I walked behind a guy who was talking on his cell phone, wearing some clown gear, clearly hoping to get blogged. I walked behind him for a while, and didn't heard him say one goddamn thing into his cell phone. So I decided if he can pretend to talk into an inert cell phone, I might as well pretend to talk into my camera. Also I threw in some zipper sprezz for good measure. Next year I think I may go for some color on the zipper to really give it that "pop":

Over lunch we plotted our attack on teh WoostGod. In the morning the Wooster/Lardini PR people had sent out a press release with an "interview" of Wooster and Luigi Lardini. (Sample question: Cinema or TV? Sample answers: NW: Cinema. LL: Cinema). We decided to try and ask more incisive questions than that. The questions Jasper felt embarrassed to ask were way different than the ones I felt embarrassed to ask. For instance, Jasper prefaced his question about the Wooster designs being similar to Paul Hamden with, "I don't mean this to be offensive." This made me realize a thing. In Streetwear, being original is good. It is maybe an unalloyed virtue. Derivative is definitely bad. In tailored clothing, original is nearly always bad. Not as in it necessarily looks bad. As in, it's not something people aspire towards. I would never feel the need to preface, "this reminds me of the A&S style" with "I don't mean to be offensive, but...." In fact, there are some dozen tailoring houses at Pitti each claiming to be producing the true, pure Neapolitan jacket, as has supposedly been produced for decades. Originality is a sin in this world.

While waiting to interview Wooster (after finishing his preceding appointment, he tells us he needs a cigarette before we start, which is the least we can allow him), I spotted a well-dressed Asian man in the corridor:

I'm going to keep blogging guys like this as much as I can to counteract the invading horde of Pittigoths. After dinner with the Parisian Gentleman iMonsieurs (described in enough detail by Jasper here that I won't rehash), we met up with Jose and Leticia from La Portegna, as well as Simon Crompton and his photographer. Simon is surprisingly lively and personable when watching soccer. I resisted the urge to tell him that I have had the honor of being called "another Simon Craptom" on Styleforum. I'm just not sure how that would go over. Simon pulled his bespoke Stefano Bremer shoes out of a box he was carrying, and I also resisted the urge to ask him how big a discount he received on them. As a serious journalist, I can't let myself get dragged into this sort of petty rake-mucking.

Then I looked down to double-check that my fly wasn't still open from the morning photo shoot.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The questions Jasper felt embarrassed to ask were way different than the ones I felt embarrassed to ask. For instance, Jasper prefaced his question about the Wooster designs being similar to Paul Hamden with, "I don't mean this to be offensive." This made me realize a thing. In Streetwear, being original is good. It is maybe an unalloyed virtue. Derivative is definitely bad. In tailored clothing, original is nearly always bad. Not as in it necessarily looks bad. As in, it's not something people aspire towards. I would never feel the need to preface, "this reminds me of the A&S style" with "I don't mean to be offensive, but...." In fact, there are some dozen tailoring houses at Pitti each claiming to be producing the true, pure Neapolitan jacket, as has supposedly been produced for decades. Originality is a sin in this world.

Probably a pretty fair assessment.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see that you are submitting yout dispatches a week late. Now we will look like the rest of the idiots on tumblr who are all also submitting a week late. From #Luca #Rubinacci'#s #tumblr, you'd think that #Pitti #Uomo #86 was just starting now.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can I tell them that the open fly was unintentional? Okay, screw it, I'm telling them.

PRESS LUNCH BUFFET: INT DAY

David: I just noticed my fly was open. It might have been open all morning.

Jasper: Pass the wine.

David: I wonder if anyone noticed.

Jasper: Do you want some of this wine?

David: Is it open in those photos you took?

Jasper (looks at camera): Definitely.​

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads