Paulrose Products - - official thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

Jay, is the 34 inseam pre or post soak for the slim model?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

2. JDelage

JDelage Senior member

I'd love to love this but the rise is too low for me. I find the 1947 to be a pretty good match for my needs except for the fairly low rise. Then again I'm not knowledgeable on historical 501 cuts, but on a pair of jeans with 13" thighs, I would love to see a higher rise than 11.25".

3. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

All measurements are from unsanforized denims (not soaked/dry).

4. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I'm a 33 in the N&F Weird Guy (and Paulrose seems like an offshoot of N&F), but I'm starting to feel it's a little tight on me in the thighs/ass/legs. The waist is at least an inch-and-a-half big. I'm guessing I'd be a 33 in the Heritage cut here, judging from the measurements, at least?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

5. gnu

gnu Senior member

These run true to size, so the sizing is way different then regular NF.

If I get weird guys to fit in the waist I'm a 28, in Paulrose I picked up a 30 and it fit about the same. They were relatively tight presoak. They are drying right now, but from what I can tell, I'm going to have to stretch these out to get them to button up.

6. gnu

gnu Senior member

Soaked my Heritage 17oz today. Shrunk a lot more in the inseam then anything else. Before the soak I really had no problem getting them buttoned up, after the soak they were tough but I could still button them all the way up. When I was pulling them on the ingido was rubbing off like crazy.

I didnt measure them before, but I'm guessing they shrunk about half an inch in the waist and about 2.5 inches in the inseam. I was expecting a little more shrink out of the waist. Hopefully they wont stretch too much in the waist.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

7. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

Jay- I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the 17oz heritage in a month or two. I'm pretty much a true 35 waist. I'm usually a 32 or 33 in WG, and a 34 in Levis STFl. I'm thinking that if and when I get them I'll probably have to go with a 36 because I'm definitely going to give them an initial soak, but I'm a little worried that it will stretch and be too roomy in the thighs and seat. Any thoughts?

Gnu- I'd love to see some fit pics.

8. erockisalive

Which size did you go with/hows the leg opening?

I'm a little concerned that the leg opening is going to be a little too big for me because if Blue Owl's size chart is right. The 34 has a 9 inch opening and 36 9.5.

9. gnu

gnu Senior member

I went with a size 30. The waist shrunk down to a 29 aligned. I'm not sure how much it shrunk in the legs, but post soak they the leg opening measures 8 inches. I'll try to get some fit pics up soon, but if it helps I would compare the overall fit to RRL straight fits, maybe a little baggier. I like the baggier fit, its a nice change from weird guys.

10. erockisalive

Thanks. I'm definitely looking for a more straight legged, roomier fit as well. You can only have so many slim-tapered pairs.

11. gnu

gnu Senior member

Edit.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

12. jx7e

jx7e Member

Is 28" slim Paulrose roomier in the thigh-to-knee part than 28" APC New Cure? 28" APC's fit great but I would like to get smth a bit more relaxed but still slim.

13. TATE and YOKO

TATE and YOKO Senior member

The Paulrose Slim definitely has a little more room at the thigh and knee. It's about 0.25" - 0.5" larger in those areas, post-soak. You should be buying a size 29 or 30 for the Slim depending on how you sized on the APCs.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

14. jx7e

jx7e Member

Thank you! I wear 28" in APC NC, guess I should go with 28" Paulrose Slim? I read their actual waist is 29", so they should fit alright. Or do you advise sizing up compared to APC's NC? That's how my APC's fit, I just don't want another pair of jeans that would fit exactly the same. [​IMG]

15. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

A size 28 APC NC actually has a 30" waist, so if you want the waist to fit the same in the Paulrose Slim, you should probably go with a size 29 on the Paulrose.