• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paulrose Products - - official thread

JDelage

Reaction score
I'd love to love this but the rise is too low for me. I find the 1947 to be a pretty good match for my needs except for the fairly low rise. Then again I'm not knowledgeable on historical 501 cuts, but on a pair of jeans with 13" thighs, I would love to see a higher rise than 11.25".

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 33 in the N&F Weird Guy (and Paulrose seems like an offshoot of N&F), but I'm starting to feel it's a little tight on me in the thighs/ass/legs. The waist is at least an inch-and-a-half big. I'm guessing I'd be a 33 in the Heritage cut here, judging from the measurements, at least?

Last edited:

gnu

Reaction score

I'm a 33 in the N&F Weird Guy (and Paulrose seems like an offshoot of N&F), but I'm starting to feel it's a little tight on me in the thighs/ass/legs. The waist is at least an inch-and-a-half big. I'm guessing I'd be a 33 in the Heritage cut here, judging from the measurements, at least?

These run true to size, so the sizing is way different then regular NF.

If I get weird guys to fit in the waist I'm a 28, in Paulrose I picked up a 30 and it fit about the same. They were relatively tight presoak. They are drying right now, but from what I can tell, I'm going to have to stretch these out to get them to button up.

gnu

Reaction score
Soaked my Heritage 17oz today. Shrunk a lot more in the inseam then anything else. Before the soak I really had no problem getting them buttoned up, after the soak they were tough but I could still button them all the way up. When I was pulling them on the ingido was rubbing off like crazy.

I didnt measure them before, but I'm guessing they shrunk about half an inch in the waist and about 2.5 inches in the inseam. I was expecting a little more shrink out of the waist. Hopefully they wont stretch too much in the waist.

Last edited:

erockisalive

Reaction score
Jay- I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the 17oz heritage in a month or two. I'm pretty much a true 35 waist. I'm usually a 32 or 33 in WG, and a 34 in Levis STFl. I'm thinking that if and when I get them I'll probably have to go with a 36 because I'm definitely going to give them an initial soak, but I'm a little worried that it will stretch and be too roomy in the thighs and seat. Any thoughts?

Gnu- I'd love to see some fit pics.

erockisalive

Reaction score

Soaked my Heritage 17oz today. Shrunk a lot more in the inseam then anything else. Before the soak I really had no problem getting them buttoned up, after the soak they were tough but I could still button them all the way up. When I was pulling them on the ingido was rubbing off like crazy.
I didnt measure them before, but I'm guessing they shrunk about half an inch in the waist and about 2.5 inches in the inseam. I was expecting a little more shrink out of the waist. Hopefully they wont stretch too much in the waist.

Which size did you go with/hows the leg opening?

I'm a little concerned that the leg opening is going to be a little too big for me because if Blue Owl's size chart is right. The 34 has a 9 inch opening and 36 9.5.

gnu

Reaction score

Which size did you go with/hows the leg opening?
I'm a little concerned that the leg opening is going to be a little too big for me because if Blue Owl's size chart is right. The 34 has a 9 inch opening and 36 9.5.

I went with a size 30. The waist shrunk down to a 29 aligned. I'm not sure how much it shrunk in the legs, but post soak they the leg opening measures 8 inches. I'll try to get some fit pics up soon, but if it helps I would compare the overall fit to RRL straight fits, maybe a little baggier. I like the baggier fit, its a nice change from weird guys.

erockisalive

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm definitely looking for a more straight legged, roomier fit as well. You can only have so many slim-tapered pairs.

gnu

Reaction score
Edit.

Last edited:

jx7e

Reaction score
Is 28" slim Paulrose roomier in the thigh-to-knee part than 28" APC New Cure? 28" APC's fit great but I would like to get smth a bit more relaxed but still slim.

TATE and YOKO

Reaction score
Is 28" slim Paulrose roomier in the thigh-to-knee part than 28" APC New Cure? 28" APC's fit great but I would like to get smth a bit more relaxed but still slim.

The Paulrose Slim definitely has a little more room at the thigh and knee. It's about 0.25" - 0.5" larger in those areas, post-soak. You should be buying a size 29 or 30 for the Slim depending on how you sized on the APCs.

Last edited:

jx7e

Reaction score

The Paulrose Slim definitely has a little more room at the thigh and knee. It's about 0.25" - 0.5" larger in those areas, post-soak. You should be buying a size 29 or 30 for the Slim depending on how you sized on the APCs.

Thank you! I wear 28" in APC NC, guess I should go with 28" Paulrose Slim? I read their actual waist is 29", so they should fit alright. Or do you advise sizing up compared to APC's NC? That's how my APC's fit, I just don't want another pair of jeans that would fit exactly the same.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you! I wear 28" in APC NC, guess I should go with 28" Paulrose Slim? I read their actual waist is 29", so they should fit alright. Or do you advise sizing up compared to APC's NC? That's how my APC's fit, I just don't want another pair of jeans that would fit exactly the same.

A size 28 APC NC actually has a 30" waist, so if you want the waist to fit the same in the Paulrose Slim, you should probably go with a size 29 on the Paulrose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads