• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lost Monarch - Official Affiliate Thread

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do you think these would compare to e.g. O'Connell's? @brillopad
In terms of fit, material, or something else?

The style is generally the same of course. The fit is a bit more trim (less of a straight fit from the chest to the waist). The yarn weight is roughly similar from what I recall. These are definitely not super soft like cashmere, but not as scratchy as a shetland. I find the colors much more interesting of course, that's the main draw for me.

Pricing looks about the same, though ours ship free :)

ahtynes

Reaction score
In terms of fit, material, or something else?

The style is generally the same of course. The fit is a bit more trim (less of a straight fit from the chest to the waist). The yarn weight is roughly similar from what I recall. These are definitely not super soft like cashmere, but not as scratchy as a shetland. I find the colors much more interesting of course, that's the main draw for me.

Pricing looks about the same, though ours ship free :)
Yeah meant generally, weight/fit (although assumed it was more modern like you said). Thanks! Will probably order tonight. Love the flecks and missed out on Jamieson's/Howlin' during Black Friday. Now to pick a color..

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah meant generally, weight/fit (although assumed it was more modern like you said). Thanks! Will probably order tonight. Love the flecks and missed out on Jamieson's/Howlin' during Black Friday. Now to pick a color..
Let me know if you have any questions! They're like my babies so I can't really pick a favorite yet. Had to keep one of each for myself.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are your plans for a denim restock?

Funcheese

Reaction score
Hey - I just had my chinos hemmed and am wearing for first time today. Holy crap are these nice. This fit is exactly as described and what I was looking for. Loving the fit, fabric, details and construction. Will you be adding new fabrics anytime?

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey - I just had my chinos hemmed and am wearing for first time today. Holy crap are these nice. This fit is exactly as described and what I was looking for. Loving the fit, fabric, details and construction. Will you be adding new fabrics anytime?
Thanks for the kind words! We're hoping to add another color or two this year, but it will be a couple more months before that happens. Any particular colors you're on the hunt for?

SteveMc

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words! We're hoping to add another color or two this year, but it will be a couple more months before that happens. Any particular colors you're on the hunt for?
If I may interject, I would love to see stone first, then by no particular order, navy and brown.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If I may interject, I would love to see stone first, then by no particular order, navy and brown.
A stone color was first on my list to add. Was gonna include it in the original run but it was out of stock at the time. And agreed with your other choices!

slows2k

Reaction score
Add my vote for stone, especially if it errs on the grey side instead of khaki side. Ive seen both colors listed as "stone" before. Navy is a must as well. I'm down for both.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.