• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Meyboom

Reaction score
My right foot is longer by about 5mm but for some reason the right shoe seems a bit looser from the back. I'll try it again tomorrow evening. I haven't been on my feet much today. The last pic is after cream polish
View attachment 1366830
Yes it looks like these have been made some time ago and been sitting in the box for quite a while. Can easily be solved by applying conditioner and cream and some polish on toe and heel if you like. I recently bought a pair of shoes that were made in 2014 (the date of production was written inside). Leather looked a bit hard and dull but after two thin layers of Bick4 and Saphir Pommadier they look great. The leather was really 'thirsty'.

Trusar

Reaction score
Yes it looks like these have been made some time ago and been sitting in the box for quite a while. Can easily be solved by applying conditioner and cream and some polish on toe and heel if you like. I recently bought a pair of shoes that were made in 2014 (the date of production was written inside). Leather looked a bit hard and dull but after two thin layers of Bick4 and Saphir Pommadier they look great. The leather was really 'thirsty'.

Thanks

I put some renovateur on it first, then a neutral shoe cream. I have the free coloured cream herring gave me, ill put that on tomorrow.
Do you think sapphires cognac wax is a colour match or good combo for the chestnut?

Meyboom

Reaction score
Thanks

I put some renovateur on it first, then a neutral shoe cream. I have the free coloured cream herring gave me, ill put that on tomorrow.
Do you think sapphires cognac wax is a colour match or good combo for the chestnut?
I would be very careful with Saphir cognac because it has quite a lot of red pigment in it. In the beginning I would only use several thin layers of neutral shoe cream. I would wait on using coloured cream until the leather isn't so dried out anymore . When new, these quality leathers have a tendency to absorb anything you will put on them so I would be careful with pigmented creams. AS doesn't put a heavy finishing on its shoes but you need to go slowly on them in order to develop a nice patina.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoeshine Time series. It seams that I will have to shine a lot untill the quarantine ends. Stay safe.

Brand: Alfred Sargent
Model: Charlton
Supplier: A Fine Pair of Shoes
Last: 99
Colour: Brown rustic grain
Note: A very nice derby from AFPOS, the 99 last is slimmer to the one used in the Stepney (87) but suits me better that the one used in the Armfield (109).

IMG_8827.JPG
IMG_8828.JPG
IMG_8830.JPG

Trusar

Reaction score
The soul cream you get with herring is really good.
The cream smells like leather. Its more nourishing than the 2 saphir ones in the picture. It's a lot more thicker in consistency the the renorateur and only slightly thicker consistancy than the other one but different feel to it.
It is very nourishing. I'm gonna email herring and ask why they do t sell it.

Attachments

• 1586342368438276279116160832602.jpg
    1586342368438276279116160832602.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 115

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I get the same size shoe tree or get one half size down? I'm looking on pediwear?

You don't like the Herring Cedar Shoe trees? They're made in UK, IMO probably best price / quality shoe trees that are not made in China (and somewhat lasted too).

Trusar

Reaction score
pretty nice looking shoes
Thanks.
They still have a few sizes left in these ones (henry 2) or the full brogue toe cap version (I think it's called the edward 2)
From herring shoes, free delivery and returns from/to the uk.
Made by alfred sargent for herring

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
They still have a few sizes left in these ones (henry 2) or the full brogue toe cap version (I think it's called the edward 2)
From herring shoes, free delivery and returns from/to the uk.
Made by alfred sargent for herring
Tough for me to justify buying more shoes right now when they're all just sitting in my closet during this quarantine. Apparently I've figured out a super way to keep your shoes looking great. Never wear them

Trusar

Reaction score
Tough for me to justify buying more shoes right now when they're all just sitting in my closet during this quarantine. Apparently I've figured out a super way to keep your shoes looking great. Never wear them
Where them with different outfits, take a picture and put it on Instagram or Facebook.
Which shoes do you have?
Another great way to not wear shoes is to loose or gain a lot of weight, apparently this affects your foot as well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads