• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been totally slacking, but finally here are the pics of the first fitting for trousers belonging to a suit, so basically "office pents" :p I will get a second pair of cuffed pants for some additional flexibility.

The fabric is a Super 160s mid grey Loro Piana - the sofar only 160s I have ever seen from LP. In comparison to other projects that I posted, this fabric is more ... flimsy (?) so I dont expect the cleanest look in the world.

View attachment 2180811
View attachment 2180813
View attachment 2180815
View attachment 2180817
View attachment 2180819

Additional pic: cutting of the jacket has begun
View attachment 2180823

...and here is the fabric in natural daylight:
View attachment 2180825

Great trousers,who is the tailor?

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MTM in Dugdale Invincible INV038. Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't straighten the vents.

IMG_2390.jpeg
IMG_2394.jpeg
IMG_2395.jpeg
IMG_2396.jpeg

WhereNext

Reaction score
A more conspiracy minded person than me (and the voices in my head have assured me that I’M not paranoid, YOU’RE paranoid) would think that the good people at B&Tailor and/or The Style Gods have staged a secret intervention against my recent choice to use an ostensibly sportcoat patterned cloth for a suit: I have just been informed that fabric from Fox is “sold out”. I will expose them (and the Lizard People working with them in the background) on a 127-post Twitter thread in the near future. For now, I have replaced that order by switching to a Plan B: I have made the crazy choice to use a sportcoat fabric for an actual sportcoat (this is from Fox’s Somerset book) and also a not-pictured pair of mid-grey flannel trousers from the Standeven Oxbridge book.
IMG_2158.png

I’ve also ordered (not with B&TAILOR) this grey glen plaid from the Longwood bunch as a summer suit. It feels fairly airy and I will probably quarter or half line it to keep a bit of air flow.

IMG_2179.jpeg

Last edited:

kid1002

Reaction score
Just commissioned for a new spring/summer suit.

This will be my first patterned suit, and I went for a glen check pattern with yellow stripes. Cloth is from Standeven Explorer (8oz) woven by William Halstead.

Here's my inspiration for this suit:

I almost went for a standard glen check in higher weight from a Japanese merchant bunch, but I ended up choosing the one from Standeven for it's lighter weight and fresher yellow stripes. Comparison recorded in video clip below.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A more conspiracy minded person than me (and the voices in my head have assured me that I’M not paranoid, YOU’RE paranoid) would think that the good people at B&Tailor and/or The Style Gods have staged a secret intervention against my recent choice to use an ostensibly sportcoat patterned cloth for a suit: I have just been informed that fabric from Fox is “sold out”. I will expose them (and the Lizard People working with them in the background) on a 127-post Twitter thread in the near future. For now, I have replaced that order by switching to a Plan B: I have made the crazy choice to use a sportcoat fabric for an actual sportcoat (this is from Fox’s Somerset book) and also a not-pictured pair of mid-grey flannel trousers from the Standeven Oxbridge book.
View attachment 2182389

I’ve also ordered (not with B&TAILOR) this grey glen plaid from the Longwood bunch as a summer suit. It feels fairly airy and I will probably quarter or half line it to keep a bit of air flow.

View attachment 2182391

Lovely cloth for the sport coat.

WhereNext

Reaction score

This will be my first patterned suit, and I went for a glen check pattern with yellow stripes. Cloth is from Standeven Explorer (8oz) woven by William Halstead.

I almost went for a standard glen check in higher weight from a Japanese merchant bunch, but I ended up choosing the one from Standeven for it's lighter weight and fresher yellow stripes. Comparison recorded in video clip below.

I looked at that same PoW from Standeven and almost got it. It’s a very nice take on a slightly different, but not ostentatious, standard. The cloth also felt like a good mix of light, open, but durable. I hope it serves you well and that we get your take on it here when it’s finished.

CLH03

Reaction score

You should really try the 11oz explorer! I’ve been so happy with mine, and it wears very cool for the weight. The 8 oz felt kinda flimsy

L.deJong

Reaction score
You should really try the 11oz explorer! I’ve been so happy with mine, and it wears very cool for the weight. The 8 oz felt kinda flimsy
My merchant in all things cloth, who shall not be named, didn't even allow me to buy the 8oz, so 11oz it is. Went for a navy suit, it will be made up when the summer is already over... but that's bespoke for you.

WhereNext

Reaction score
There were some nice patterns in the 11 ounce and it looked quite open. Does it feel scratchy when wearing it? That was what put me off of some of the options in that weight when going through the book.

camez_

Reaction score
There were some nice patterns in the 11 ounce and it looked quite open. Does it feel scratchy when wearing it? That was what put me off of some of the options in that weight when going through the book.

fresco type weaves are always scratchy - the grade depending on the wearer
thats why there are different open weave clothes from different merchants/mills

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members