• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice on this commission, and I'd echo the above. I dislike super small herringbone, and, at least for me, the larger scale tends to skew casual.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

DWW, any recs on a navy nailhead, lighter weight (9-10 oz.)?

Corcos seems to cut a short jacket for sure.

I don't know about that specific weight, but all the usual names have nailheads. Smiths, Lesser, Harrison, etc. Just check Harrison's website.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If I could try a new tailor from anywhere in the world right now, it'd be A. Caraceni. Cool photo from Bespoke Wrinkles on his (presumably new) A Caraceni DB

http://bespokewrinkles.com/post/147863991850/a-caraceni-bespoke

Last edited:

Gavinband

Reaction score
First bespoke from a new tailor, pretty happy. There have been a couple changes since these pics (waist nipped in ever so slightly). First pic, excuse the sloppy trousers, they were not high up enough and as the waist was slightly too large, they were slipping down (were not too long). The second pic made me a little worried, as the back was not very tidy and the back of the arms also scruffy (tailor thought this was due to how I was standing at the time). Third pic is maybe a slightly more accurate reflection of the back when standing decently. Simple navy 13oz worsted wool three piece.

Cheers

jolinlovesjunya

Reaction score
It's not LL linen. Same half width woven by old looms, but slightly lighter weight. I sourced this length from Brio Beijing's vintage fabric collection.

(Another customer in the same Irish linen)

The body is great as my pants don't show much wrinkles by the end of the day. I also have experience with LL linen. Very similar. They are fantastic.

Excellent stuff. Is this London Lounge linen?

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

First bespoke from a new tailor, pretty happy. There have been a couple changes since these pics (waist nipped in ever so slightly). First pic, excuse the sloppy trousers, they were not high up enough and as the waist was slightly too large, they were slipping down (were not too long). The second pic made me a little worried, as the back was not very tidy and the back of the arms also scruffy (tailor thought this was due to how I was standing at the time). Third pic is maybe a slightly more accurate reflection of the back when standing decently. Simple navy 13oz worsted wool three piece. Cheers
lovely. maker?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's not LL linen. Same half width woven by old looms, but slightly lighter weight. I sourced this length from Brio Beijing's vintage fabric collection.

(Another customer in the same Irish linen)

The body is great as my pants don't show much wrinkles by the end of the day. I also have experience with LL linen. Very similar. They are fantastic.

tell us more about this "vintage fabric collection" please

jolinlovesjunya

Reaction score
Brio Beijing is the store that hosts Sartoria Dalcuore (and many other tailors and craftsmen) in China. They have a nice "vintage fabric collection" where they find rare or discontinued fabrics and bring back to store.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Brio Beijing is the store that hosts Sartoria Dalcuore (and many other tailors and craftsmen) in China. They have a nice "vintage fabric collection" where they find rare or discontinued fabrics and bring back to store.

So in business accounting terms, literally "unfunded liabilities?"

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics