• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just commissioned my first bespoke suit in the Anderson Sheppard style in this fabric. 🤞

73206376977__8922B7D7-A87A-484E-9E33-3BC12F4675E5.jpg

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just commissioned my first bespoke suit in the Anderson Sheppard style in this fabric. 🤞

View attachment 2149991
I think I have a suit in that, except in 11 oz.

It’s a solid workhorse fabric. I have the old version which was 12oz (although in a nailhead) available (although I’m traveling right now & don’t have access to it).

Either way, it’s a solid fabric.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have a suit in that, except in 11 oz.

It’s a solid workhorse fabric. I have the old version which was 12oz (although in a nailhead) available (although I’m traveling right now & don’t have access to it).

Either way, it’s a solid fabric.
That was exactly my goal - a workhorse type suit that I can wear for business and evenings.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hitsuji

Reaction score
Great fit. I would widen the lapels a tad.
I agree, I would widen them slightly for future commissions, my current jackets, albiet RTW have wider lapels but wanted to let the tailor manage the first commission without intervention from me.

These are 3.25” rather than the 3.5” for my other jackets

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W Bill 380gsm Irish Linen
What do you think of the fit?

IMG_1719.jpeg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W Bill 380gsm Irish Linen
What do you think of the fit?

View attachment 2150163
Not a very good photo for assessing fit, I’d personally like a little more length on the jacket, just from the photos but maybe it’s okay. It’s tough to say from that angle.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kotaro and I have very different tastes when it comes to fabric haha - I’ve concluded that looking at his stock fabric. Not a bad thing or saying it as a bad thing. Just an observation. Those fabrics you posted wouldn’t be my taste. But they’re excellent fabrics nonetheless.
You're right, he does seem to favor browns and olives for fabrics. I like both browns and blues but when I look at his Instagram feed for ideas, there are very few blues. He doesn't seem to bring many navy jacketings though I'm sure he can suggest some.

I do find browns have a wider range of colors that I can wear, while with blues, I stick to the darker end of the spectrum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads