• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Looking coherent and good (especially with being able to enjoy a level of quality which i won't touch) is easier said than done. I don't get hating on his brands. The brands don't make the man. I don't even know what his pieces are, i just assume some kinda repro thing head to toe, as that's what it looks like.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Looking coherent and good (especially with being able to enjoy a level of quality which i won't touch) is easier said than done. I don't get hating on his brands. The brands don't make the man. I don't even know what his pieces are, i just assume some kinda repro thing head to toe, as that's what it looks like.

I don't think xchen looked bad at all, I think everything fit properly and it was a good repro look (I guess I would have subtracted the wallet chain)

The reason I said something and that the brands mattered to me is it seems an awful lot of money to spend on such basic items. I know quality, authenticity blah blah blah, but there is a point of diminishing returns. I'd say the same thing if it was Jil Sander.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Posting from the "leggings with shorts" thread: Rick Owens silk basketball shorts, sneakers, sleeveless tee Raf Simons super thin poly turtleneck Under Armour leggings Thinking about this tomorrow--mid 50s shouldn't be too cold
bballleggings.jpg
bballleggings1.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Magician you're still young baby bird have fun while you can.

It's going to be 81 tomorrow what should I wear hmm...

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Love Souper's pic b/c of the astroturf porch. Queens?

Loll. Bar ridge. Err Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

souper- Either tuck that button down in or wear a shorter one or something. Not feeling the dick flap.

pinky- You're breaking my balls with that fit, man. I don't think all outfits have to be exciting and a few of your fits the past month or so have been better but i dunno. The geriatric thing is taken a bit too far in this one for me.

I rarely untuck these days. I had it tucked but the jeans are pretty low rise. The proportions look correct in the first pic, the red kept creeping up. +1 about PP.

Originally Posted by PinkPantser
090317.jpg

another yawn inducer - zara o/ polo, incotex, clarks in dark green suede

Your use of color is usually on point. Not enough contrast this time. Boring, in a bad way. Trust me, my aesthetic goal is to take awesome labels and pieces and make them look regular-guy boring, but this is a different type of boring.
frown.gif

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
I feel like a dark tie, a shirt with bold stripes, a bit of visible belt, or even some cufflinks or a collar pin would balance things out more.
A dark tie under that sweater does have a pretty nice effect because its sheer, so you see a bit of the tie all the way down. Boldly striped shirts do the same thing, its just hard to capture in a picture that far away (this picture shows it). I don't see cufflinks or collar pins doing anything good here though.
Out of interest, do you ever alter your sweaters?
Yeah, I altered both the sweater and the shirt under it.
pinky- You're breaking my balls with that fit, man. I don't think all outfits have to be exciting and a few of your fits the past month or so have been better but i dunno. The geriatric thing is taken a bit too far in this one for me.
What can I say? I am just really liking light/pale tones against each other right now and stuff like these pictures are doing it for me recently: 1 - this one in particular, more of this collection here. Obviously my fits aren't accomplishing the same look, but its something I like. 2 3 4

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
"young baby bird"?

perhaps I should have inserted a comma after young, or instead maybe my foot in your behind?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your status as the clothes whisperer has been put into question.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Posting from the "leggings with shorts" thread:
Rick Owens silk basketball shorts, sneakers, sleeveless tee
Raf Simons super thin poly turtleneck
Under Armour leggings

Thinking about this tomorrow--mid 50s shouldn't be too cold

It looks like you are about to go to a pick up basketball game.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jferg4350
It looks like you are about to go to a pick up basketball game.

I'm meeting Chrono

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jferg4350
It looks like you are about to go to a pick up basketball game with WNBA rejects.

Fixed it for you.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Fixed it for you.

Haha...glad I got last years ro sleeveless Ts as they are quite a bit more rick.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
What can I say? I am just really liking light/pale tones against each other right now and stuff like these pictures are doing it for me recently:
1 - this one in particular, more of this collection here. Obviously my fits aren't accomplishing the same look, but its something I like.

Trust me, i understand. However, i think part of what makes the CDG stuff work so well are the design quirks, textures and layering. I don't think it works simply to apply the color. If you liked that collection, you should look up past cdg womens collections. There was a spring one from i think 02 or 03 that was amazing. I'll look it up and pm you when i have time. Probably my favorite cdg collection, although this past spring was really strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads