1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

Prada Ferragamo- while I appreciate you supporting The Coca-Cola Company... diet Coke = neg rep
    DC is a gift from Jebus. It has heroin in it or something. It's so addictive. I drink 3 from the fountain every day. We are putting a bag in box system in our house over the summer. It will pay for itself in under a year the way I go through Diet Coke at Sonic. Prada, I can tell you're a big dude and the shirt looks nice, maybe it's just the stance that's throwing it. I still think the pants are a bit full at the bottom against such a slim shirt but if its what fits then it's what fits.

2. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

DC is a gift from Jebus.

It has heroin in it or something. It's so addictive. I drink 3 from the fountain every day.

We are putting a bag in box system in our house over the summer. It will pay for itself in under a year the way I go through Diet Coke at Sonic.

Prada, I can tell you're a big dude and the shirt looks nice, maybe it's just the stance that's throwing it. I still think the pants are a bit full at the bottom against such a slim shirt but if its what fits then it's what fits.

I wish there are more clothing companies that made pants that are flattering for people like me. Either that or I have to surgically remove 1/3 of my thighs. I guess no more heavy leg presses or squats for me.

3. robbie

robbie Senior member

diet Coke is worse for you in the fact it makes you crave sweets, in turn making you fatter.

most people who drink diet coke don't need to be on a diet, they are just hooked on the aspertame and drink 3-5 as opposed to 1-2 regular cokes.

also- the 'p' word is like -100,000,000 rep IMO.

4. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Take the pants you've got and taper from the knee down, voila. Doesn't have to be very much, just take it from 8.5" or whatever it is down to 8" or so.

5. Prada_Ferragamo

Take the pants you've got and taper from the knee down, voila. Doesn't have to be very much, just take it from 8.5" or whatever it is down to 8" or so.
    I thought about that before, but since I have huge calves too, it might look weird on me. But I'll go to my tailor to see what she says.

6. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

diet Coke is worse for you in the fact it makes you crave sweets, in turn making you fatter.

most people who drink diet coke don't need to be on a diet, they are just hooked on the aspertame and drink 3-5 as opposed to 1-2 regular cokes.

That's a new one, hadn't heard that. I don't eat 'sweets' at all so it must not work on me.

I was however disappointed when I heard DC didn't actually cause cancer or contain formaldehyde ingredients so I started smoking and injecting myself with embalming fluid to offset it.

7. Prada_Ferragamo

That's a new one, hadn't heard that. I don't eat 'sweets' at all so it must not work on me.

I was however disappointed when I heard DC didn't actually cause cancer or contain formaldehyde ingredients so I started smoking and injecting myself with embalming fluid to offset it.

I don't eat sweets either. Actually I don't even snack except for the protein bars between meals.

8. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Everyone I know who drinks Diet Coke is significantly fatter than everyone I know who drinks regular coke.

What if someone likes Jones soda? Is that + or - rep.

9. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

BoO's kinda for us scrawny weaklings. There are tons of shirts out there that fit fine in the body but are baggy as hell in the arms on me.

10. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

Everyone I know who drinks Diet Coke is significantly fatter than everyone I know who drinks regular coke.

What if someone likes Jones soda? Is that + or - rep.

Inherent with any 'diet' product.

Most people who buy 'lean cuisine' are fatasses because fatasses think they are going to lose weight with magic diet food. That doesn't mean lean cuisine makes you fat. Beware faulty logic and the absolute words.

And I drink Diet Coke because it tastes like God's poon in a pretty silver package.

11. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Inherent with any 'diet' product. Most people who buy 'lean cuisine' are fatasses because fatasses think they are going to lose weight with magic diet food. That doesn't mean lean cuisine makes you fat. Beware faulty logic and the absolute words. And I drink Diet Coke because it tastes like God's poon in a pretty silver package.
    I didn't mean to imply that Diet Coke makes fatties fatter. I was just noting what you noted: It seems mostly fatties ever bother with "diet" crap, and yet they remain fatties. I don't mind diet coke, but I can't get used to the after taste. Coke Zero is inoffensive. But I rarely drink soda since I don't care much for sugary beverages. I mostly drink (unsweetened) teas. I have never tried Diet Coke in another country, but the classic Coke I have had overseas is certainly smoother and seemingly less sweet than it is in the US.

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

And I drink Diet Coke because it tastes like God's poon in a pretty silver package.

Boy, is that the truth. I drink it like crazy (drinking it right now) when I'm down here in CR because it tastes a million times better than back home in the US.

The reason why I would only need to drink one or two Cokes per day vs. multiple DC's is because I feel like I've had a goddamn meal with just one Coke. It's like eating a fucking bag of sugar.

I'm also in the group that doesn't eat a lot of sweets. I'm just not a fan of overly sweet things.

13. robbie

robbie Senior member

I am (overly) passionate about Coca-Cola Classic.

My future father in law prefered Coke and never liked the taste of diet drinks initially, but drank it in the hopes he'd injest fewer calories be healthier. He realized the situation was six of one and half a dozen of the other and figured he'd go back to drinking classic Coke.

He wasn't able to enjoy it, it wasn't as sweet.

I hate diet coke because it steals the joy of actual Coca-Cola away from people.

this will sound like biased bullshit as per my previous non-sensical coke related statements... but it is sincerely meant.

Also, to echo mulan sauce I work at Target and I never see people too fat to walk (you know the ones who are out of breath once they reach the moto-carts) reach for something sweetened with sugar/ HFCS.

Jones soda is great(cherry, red apple, and MF Grape being amongst my very favorite sodas), but I wish they offered the more exclusive flavors (Banana,Mint,Pear,etc) nationwide that I saw while in Seattle/SoCal in times past.

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

I hate diet coke because it steals the joy of actual Coca-Cola away from people.

Believe me when I say that unless it's mixed with some type of alcohol, there is little joy associated with actual Coke for me.

The fact that you prefer Mexican Coke over US Coke pretty much seals my statement.

15. robbie

robbie Senior member

[​IMG]
    lame fit^^^

the fact i like Mexican Coke more proves what (sorry i am quite dense, as well as groggy as it is 2:33 am local time)

16. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Wait, there are people who prefer US Coke over Mexican Coke?!

17. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

the fact i like Mexican Coke more proves what (sorry i am quite dense, as well as groggy as it is 2:33 am local time)
    I guess it proves that you prefer [pure cane sugar + Mexican water] to [high-fructose corn syrup + American water]. These days I only really drink sodas sweetened with cyclamate and made from french municipal water. I have a pantry stocked with 1960's TaB.

18. robbie

robbie Senior member

coke light/zero in Europe is sweetened with cyclamate also . sell some of that tab to a coke collector to cover the proxy fees needed to enjoy non-flat cyclamated soda.

(thanks wikipedia!)

19. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Robbie! Gotta get that stuff over to you man. I just haven't had the time. [​IMG]

20. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Yohji jacket, shirt, pants Creative Recreation black perf lowtops [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.