• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
I once made the t-shirt dollar, forgot how though. I can still make the ring though.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
So now the point is to post in the WAYWT and WAYWT-D thread? Huh.

Gotta work this evening, so I figured I wouldn't dress like a meth-head.

Newly DIY slimmed shirt and jacket, but just realized the jacket sleeves really do need to be slimmed. Figured the bootcuts looked better than the skinnies, and the wind was pulling the rear flap of the jacket out.

05.jpg

What are the shoes?

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
Red Wing Iron Ranger or a Justin laceless roper would lend a harsh edge to the soft feel of the outfit. Obviously the jeans are probably too tight at the ankle for either though.
You think these options work better? alden justin

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
090309.jpg

jcrew o/ jcrew, 5epxsf, banana republic

Looking at the picture now this combo looks like a miss, needs different shoes or pants or something.

Fairly overdressed to work the Pai Gow table ain't ya?

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
You think these options work better?
alden
justin

I was thinking something more in a carmel color but I don't think anything is wrong with either of those.

shooting from the hip, something in this range:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2981530?...pfh6XKAMvSvQGg

probably not so distressed.

Also if I was being super critical and I only do so because I think that's a great staple outfit and I likd the variation you posted last week or so as well; the jacket with those slim jeans is a bit unbalanced. The jacket seems a bit large against the jeans. If it fits it fits though.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
nascar = men in cars going fast with advertisements all over them, how much more American could you get?

and yes alex, the pepsi assumption was mildly out of line but...

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
So now the point is to post in the WAYWT and WAYWT-D thread? Huh.

Gotta work this evening, so I figured I wouldn't dress like a meth-head.

Newly DIY slimmed shirt and jacket, but just realized the jacket sleeves really do need to be slimmed. Figured the bootcuts looked better than the skinnies, and the wind was pulling the rear flap of the jacket out.

01-4.jpg
02-4.jpg

Jacket is too structured to be worn casually, as with 99.9% of coats one can find in thrift stores. It's a shame really, since removing shoulder pads and shoulder work in general are about the hardest alterations there is.

Cool DIY tailoring tho.
smile.gif

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I bet you probably drink pepsi too...

HERESY!

I don't even eat in places that serve Pepsi. That rule made eating out living in Chicago tough.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
^^^ nascar hate? I bet you probably drink pepsi too...
I'd wager that nascar is just as popular in New Bern, NC as it is in Atlanta, GA. All you hicks just have yourselves a wild hair (a humble nod to your noble Southern nomenclature).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads