• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm with Get Smart regarding the Grand, they are nasty looking shoes. Actually all of those shoes recenlty posted don't do a lot for me. Shame as PS was doing so well so far this season!

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
New acquisition: Red Ear Thunder T. Moro Dip Dye Sheepskin/Canguro. Didn't expect to be buying these, I already own a pair of Bonne Motorbike boots from Paul Smith's collaboration with Triumph Collection. There is no reference to Triumph but basically these are the same design - Triumph - but without the Triumph branding embossed somewhere on the boot. It says they are T.Moro dip Dye - looks like the colour as my Bonne Boots which are Sigaro dip dye! What made them stand out for me is the upper part of the boot is Sheepskin, you get the benefit of a nice warm soft lining plus there's a really nice contrast between the leather and the matt sheepskin. They have the photographic leather sole with a heavy rubber heel. A real quality boots, look great with jeans.
smile.gif
IMG_6794.jpg
IMG_6795.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cool_hand
New acquisition: Red Ear Thunder T. Moro Dip Dye Sheepskin/Canguro.

Didn't expect to be buying these, I already own a pair of Bonne Motorbike boots from Paul Smith's collaboration with Triumph Collection. There is no reference to Triumph but basically these are the same design - Triumph - but without the Triumph branding embossed somewhere on the boot. It says they are T.Moro dip Dye - looks like the colour as my Bonne Boots which are Sigaro dip dye!

What made them stand out for me is the upper part of the boot is Sheepskin, you get the benefit of a nice warm soft lining plus there's a really nice contrast between the leather and the matt sheepskin. They have the photographic leather sole with a heavy rubber heel. A real quality boots, look great with jeans.
smile.gif

Those are pretty nice but damn, my feet are getting sweaty just looking at them.

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Anybody familiar with the Adair model? http://www.gravitypope.com/shoes/pro...7xc-a042-adair Could be a good deal (with the extra 20-30% off) and it's pretty much my size... Just curious.
I have a pair of Adair in Black leather, have not yet worn them. They have quite a thin sole. Fit is accurate. Adair were also available in a petrol blue color which I couldn't get hold of in my size. I think Gravity Pope were the only store that took this canvas style, I also considered buying them, but they are now out of my size. At $200 I would say they look a good price.

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Those are pretty nice but damn, my feet are getting sweaty just looking at them.

The sheepskin only extends down the upper part of the boot, the foot part is regular leather so they shouldn't be to sweaty.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PS Cesar boots, might be my next purchase from PS.
11aevro.jpg
Also, another colorway for the Fremont boots in dip-dye brown with lug sole.
scxc-f037-wsh-s25-58154.jpg
scxc-f037-wsh-s25-detailc-58157.jpg

attacus

Reaction score
gentleman, i would need a fit guide on the Certain Boots.

i have a pair of Parnu in size 6 and i find that these shoe are squeezing/rubbing my toes which is driving me crazy. since both Certain Boots and Parnu are fitted with bendy travel sole, should I go for size 7 instead of 6?

fyi, i am wearing size 6 in Miller and Emerald as well.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cool_hand
I'm with Get Smart regarding the Grand, they are nasty looking shoes. Actually all of those shoes recenlty posted don't do a lot for me. Shame as PS was doing so well so far this season!

the current Barneys NY mailer catalog for the mens shop has a model wearing a PS parka, with the Grand brogues, in what looks like a darker burgundy (or it could have been the lighting) and have to admit they looked good being worn, in the context of a fashion spread. but I'm still not sold on them.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Grand posted a page back is burgundy but they also have it in black.
scxc-f091-ind-n3-58008.jpg

And purple, maybe this is the one you saw in the Barneys mailer?
scxc-f512-ind-p15-58158.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
The Grand posted a page back is burgundy but they also have it in black.
scxc-f091-ind-n3-58008.jpg

And purple, maybe this is the one you saw in the Barneys mailer?
scxc-f512-ind-p15-58158.jpg

dropped by the pink palace today, they have the black Grands. Seeing them IRL didnt impress me. The sole isnt as whack as I thought, but it's not what I would have wanted a Paul Smith longwing to be. They fit large btw, tried a size 7UK and it was much roomier than the same size in most other PS shoes. I might even be able to fit into a 6, def no larger than 6.5, but 7 was smallest they had. I think the worst thing about the Grand is the toe medallion. Considering how nice most PS medallions look, this one just sucks. Plain and boring, no interesting interplay of dots and negative space

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw some dark brown Grands at Barney's. Do not like the sole. Something kind of cheap looking about it. Prada has a very similar wingtip model. Don't like that either.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
took a punt on the burgundy Grands from PS site.....they seemed better IRL, but still not a wholly exciting shoe and could have been so much better with some minor tweeks. If anything it'll be a nice addition to my PS collection since they may not ever do a longwing brogue again.

Zip, yea the sole is pretty cheap looking, being all rubber, but I think they'll make good daily walkers for when the missus and I are in London/Tokyo next, since we do so much walking that rubber sole shoes are a necessity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads