• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Paul Smith store in Las Vegas.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tan Cutters in Buffalino.
tancutters.jpg

tancutters2.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Paul Smith store in Las Vegas.
Also have them at the PS store in Los Angeles.

I'm going to go back and pick them up sooner or later. I just need to pick up a pair prior to this one, haha.

m..

Reaction score
As you will see, I know nothing about sole construction, so I need some advice:
The first layer of my Ricard's sole is starting to wear down and there's a little hole. What are my options for repair?

One shoe guy I went to recommended fixing the hole with a small leather patch and then adding a thin rubber sole. Is this the standard operating procedure? I'd rather stick with leather, but that's just my gut feeling and I'm not set on anything. What would you guys recommend?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Soles are meant to be replaced
facepalm.gif
Whoever you went to is an idiot. The "Pitney Cristallo Miniteus Bordo" at the SoHo store was really nice, and only $495 (shiny red leather that deepens depending on light). Couldn't help but feel that the store was stuffy though, not really a huge fan of stores that have security standing next to the door and even less so when they're blatant

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m..
As you will see, I know nothing about sole construction, so I need some advice:
The first layer of my Ricard's sole is starting to wear down and there's a little hole. What are my options for repair?

One shoe guy I went to recommended fixing the hole with a small leather patch and then adding a thin rubber sole. Is this the standard operating procedure? I'd rather stick with leather, but that's just my gut feeling and I'm not set on anything. What would you guys recommend?

you could do that, or get them resoled and have the soles topy'd so they don't wear as fast next time

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Soles are meant to be replaced
facepalm.gif
Whoever you went to is an idiot.

The "Pitney Cristallo Miniteus Bordo" at the SoHo store was really nice, and only $495 (shiny red leather that deepens depending on light). Couldn't help but feel that the store was stuffy though, not really a huge fan of stores that have security standing next to the door and even less so when they're blatant

I saw those in LAS. Did you see the purple made in England Wilsons too?
The finish on those was pretty nice too. The two eyelet/pointy toe style doesn't really do it for me though. They also had the MIE Gower wingtip. The two eyelet/pointy toe style really doesn't work with those.

The LAS store had a pretty friendly vibe. Salesguy kept pulling shoes for me to try on.

nehhmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
I saw those in LAS. Did you see the purple made in England Wilsons too?
The finish on those was pretty nice too. The two eyelet/pointy toe style doesn't really do it for me though. They also had the MIE Gower wingtip. The two eyelet/pointy toe style really doesn't work with those.

The LAS store had a pretty friendly vibe. Salesguy kept pulling shoes for me to try on.

Could you please post a pictures of the shoes wearing them with a slim cutted jeans?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Excessive shoe shopping is occuring.
I ordered a boatload of shoes from PS UK.

Big box of shoes. Ordered Sunday and arrived today.
bigboxf.jpg

Oxblood Millers.
millerj.jpg

Buffalino Bordo Minellis. As per Get Smart, more or less TTS. Fit sort of like Cages so RFX is in luck.
minelli.jpg

Bordo Grands. I blame Get Smart for these. Like he said, these are gigantic. I went down one whole size from my usual.
grandk.jpg

Buffalino tan Marcellos. Went down one whole size from my usual. Color is kind of messed up in this picture. They're not orange. See my tan Cutters above for the color.
marcello.jpg

grandminelli.jpg

millermarcello.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice haul. You pretty much got a new pair for each workday in a week.
lol8[1].gif

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Nice haul. You pretty much got a new pair for each workday in a week.
lol8[1].gif

"The Internet: where your addictions don't seem quite as raging next to those of others..."
lol8[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I think you should wear a different shoe on each foot like your photos. I've thought about it. no, not really.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads