• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by attacus
i have a question here:

what is/are the difference(s) between Miller, Starr and Assam? to the uninformed person like me, they all look-a-like.

Miller and Assam the sole is flush with the edge of the shoe.
Starr it extends a bit.

Miller and Assam look strikingly similar but the shape is slightly different but not that you could really tell unless they're next to each other.

Starr and Miller fit similar. Assam fits slightly bigger.

As long as you're asking, there are two other PS wingtip styles of interest
The Cutter which is another wingtip balmoral and the Nash which is a blucher.
They both fit a bit large and are not as sleek as Starr/Miller/Assams.

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cool_hand
PS Customer Services have informed me today that Bogart Boots are not available in half sizes at any of their London Stores. I don't know if that means half sizes are available elsewhere?

Customer Services inform me that Bogart Boots are not available in half sizes.
Weird thing was Floral Street had one pair marked as an 8.5. I t could be that this pair were stamped wrong. They come up slightly large IMO.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Customer Services inform me that Bogart Boots are not available in half sizes.
Weird thing was Floral Street had one pair marked as an 8.5. I t could be that this pair were stamped wrong. They come up slightly large IMO.

Have you tried other PS non-lace boots like Yorks, Timurs, Pinkertons?
How does the Bogart fit compared to them?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Achilles are back for the season.
PG_500671340_ZM1.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
last 2 times I was in Tokyo, they had a red antiqued version of the Achilles. Leather was similar in color, yet different, to the red used in the rollins and henry. Had a dainite sole too iirc

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it the dainite sole like on the Bihars where it is above the leather sole or are they like the Kane with a "rubber clipper sole" (which made me lose interest in these boots)?
scxd-f244-buf-g2-detaila-54898.jpg
scxd-f244-buf-g2-detailc-54900.jpg

attacus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Miller and Assam the sole is flush with the edge of the shoe.
Starr it extends a bit.

Miller and Assam look strikingly similar but the shape is slightly different but not that you could really tell unless they're next to each other.

Starr and Miller fit similar. Assam fits slightly bigger.

As long as you're asking, there are two other PS wingtip styles of interest
The Cutter which is another wingtip balmoral and the Nash which is a blucher.
They both fit a bit large and are not as sleek as Starr/Miller/Assams.

thanks heaps for the information, zippyh
worship.gif
. would you suggest me to go 1/2 size down for assam, cutter and nash (provided i am still be able to locate them)?

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have you tried other PS non-lace boots like Yorks, Timurs, Pinkertons?
How does the Bogart fit compared to them?

I have a pair of Yorks, which fit perfect, but they are much smaller boot than the Bogart.
I also have a pair of the Triumph Motor Bike Boots, they are 9.5 and fit really well, but it's a different feel to the York's because they are so much bigger overall.

It might be that a pair of 9's in the Bogart would be OK, its just good to try your size to be sure.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by attacus
thanks heaps for the information, zippyh
worship.gif
. would you suggest me to go 1/2 size down for assam, cutter and nash (provided i am still be able to locate them)?

Try them on if you can, but it'd probably be safe to go down 1/2 size.

I have a pair of Yorks, which fit perfect, but they are much smaller boot than the Bogart.
I also have a pair of the Triumph Motor Bike Boots, they are 9.5 and fit really well, but it's a different feel to the York's because they are so much bigger overall.

It might be that a pair of 9's in the Bogart would be OK, its just good to try your size to be sure.

Thanks for the info. I wear a 9.5UK York so maybe the 9UK Bogart will work.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Is it the dainite sole like on the Bihars where it is above the leather sole or are they like the Kane with a "rubber clipper sole" (which made me lose interest in these boots)?

no it was like the dainite on the Bihar boot, where it's above the leather sole

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Try them on if you can, but it'd probably be safe to go down 1/2 size.

Thanks for the info. I wear a 9.5UK York so maybe the 9UK Bogart will work.

Contact mail-order and ask them to measure the sole for you.

etseq

Reaction score
Just snagged a pair of chocolate brown suede Arthurs from Tobi for $275--they reappeared briefly after being out of stock--can't wait to get them in the mail!

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
From Paul to you: This season's collection We asked Paul to talk our VIP newsletter subscribers through the Autumn /Winter Collection. Here's what he said: 'I am really pleased with our winter shoe collection, both for men and women; there are many styles that I love but personally I will be wearing a style called 'Marcello' which is actually available for men and women in a lovely tan colour with hand burnished toes (this gives a lovely antique look). Also I will be wearing the 'Royale' suede shoe which has a real countryside feal with commando style sole that will be perfect for winter. I like the dark blue colour, actually quite inky. There is a great boot for men called 'Bogart' which I love in either black or very dark brown. The leather is called Buffalino which is a leather I use quite a lot and it has been dip-dyed and hand-burnished. Both of these processes give a lovely used look which makes you feel as if you have owned the shoes for a while.'

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I would appreciate any input here. I've been told the fitment of PS shoes severely vary. A sz 8 in the Cutter fits me quite nicely. Can you suggest what size I would be in other models. I don't have any in mind in particular. I just want to make a mental note in case I do buy online. I do like their brogues so maybe the Nash, Starrs, or Millers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads